Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen on Boxing Day - is skiing likely?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, long time no see!

My hubby and I are contemplating going to Mayrhofen for 1 week from Boxing Day? Is there likely to be enough snow to ski? Are there other recommendations that you have for activities in the event that there isn't much snow?

Also, how good is the resort for snowboarders?

Any thoughts people? X
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yeah it'll be fine, plus you've got hintertux just up the road
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Inga, It's impossible to give a 100% guarantee, but it's highly likely that there'll be enough snow for you to snowboard on the Penken slopes above Mayrhofen. If the conditions should be poor in the Zillertal valley at least you have the insurance of the slopes on the Hintertux glacier a bit further up the valley from Mayrhofen! Very Happy

If you should want some other activities, then just a few km walk down the valley from Mayrhofen is the Zillertal Sennerei (dairy) where you can do tours to see how the mountain cheeses are made (and taste some!) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I dont think it is too much of problem. I reckon there is more chance of being issues with the new penkenbahn than an issue with snow. Good for snowboarders, there are loads of the them about! Pretty easy to get about between the lifts and not too many flats.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When we camped in Mayrhofen, in summer, many moons ago, we were intrigued by a tourist leaflet promising "festivities in the woodlands". We never did find out......
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
With artificial snow making machines am sure it will be fine.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A guide that i know who lives in the village was mentioning to me that in his 15+ years in the valley the 2013/2014 snowless Christmas was the first he had ever had in the valley.

that and with the launch of the new Penken 3S lift on the 18th of Dec (they will make the snow if need be) will mean you will be fine!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

If you should want some other activities, then just a few km walk down the valley from Mayrhofen is the Zillertal Sennerei (dairy) where you can do tours to see how the mountain cheeses are made (and taste some!) Madeye-Smiley

The Austrian equivilant of the cheese factory in Bourg st Maurice. We always say we will visit it when the conditions are bad - and never have.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have they improved getting up the mountain. Liked the resort when we had Xmas there 8 years ago but the queues to get up and then down were rediculous. Great skiing and après but queues put us off ever going back.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarlet Fez, http://www.mayrhofner-bergbahnen.com/en/insights/new-3s-gondola-lift
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
I reckon there is more chance of being issues with the new penkenbahn than an issue with snow.
It was running (presumably being tested) when we drove under it en route from Hintertux a week ago. Very Happy

The cabins look very big.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Inga, Well we went to Mayrhofen mid-December last year when there was "no snow until Christmas", and there was lots of varied skiing in multiple different areas in the Zillertal. On that basis the chance of there being no snow to ski on is virtually nil.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
well i think this thread is done now! the hof have announced that they plan to open the hobergbhan lift and the schneekar lifts on the 5th of dec...2 weeks early.

Penmen side will open on the 18th...only because thats when the ceremony for the new lift is
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you everyone!! Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy