Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2015/16 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Long range forecast is showing a fair bit of snow over the next 2 weeks, starting from Thursday. Fingers crossed although not too much Sunday when I get back please Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just read that snow forecast on Saturday, just in time for changeover day!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow Forecast are showing 14 cm Saturday with freezing point between 1300 and 1600m. They do tend to revise snow forecasts down nearer the time though. Longer range forecast showing a fairly big dump in the middle of the next week Happy

This looks pretty angry although I wouldn't pretend to fully understand it Shocked

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 28-12-15 8:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Claude B, Same forecast here in AdH but not a huge amount this weekend. Friends went to L2A a couple of days ago and had to pay to go up at Venosc, AdH passes suspended over there at the moment 😡
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Nick D, Not surprised there's not enough snow for those there already, Venosc lift is a cheap one at least. Friends there have been enjoying Christmas and this week albeit with limited snow. They'll all get many weeks in though this isn't their only fix of the winter.

I was in your neck of the woods yesterday, in fact at Mrs D's workplace.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Claude B, Yeah saw that, hope all ok.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Nick D, She's doing very well thanks, I'll be calling by again on my way back on Friday, she should be home by then.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

. . .there's German writing on it - therefore must be accurate/true/all of the above!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow Forecast now forecasting almost 2m at 2600m over next 6 days Shocked If I can get back up Sunday afternoon it looks as if I've timed my return just right Happy They do tend to exagerrate though and reduce forecasts nearer the time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Claude B, have a good journey, we're heading back to Suffolk tomorrow, raining here in Oz, 5 degrees but looks like a little light snow around 1500m 😄
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Nick D, Cheers, I'm heading down to Suffolk tomorrow, like passing ships Happy See you later in January with some decent snow Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just got back, looks much healthier than when I left Happy More due tonight, I'll investigate in the morning, and throughout the week. Don't know what the snowmaggedon fuss was about nothing in the valley and little below resort.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's more like it, just woken by blasting up the mountain Happy Been snowing all night, 20 - 30cm or so in resort. Will investigate a little later, got to collect something from La Poste then meeting someone for coffee at 10.30, will go straight up from there Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking good . . .hoping they leave the Vallee Blanche closed until my royal arrival?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Belch, I'm sure that can be arranged, m'lud. Must say that I like Vallee Blanche. Tends to be quieter than the main mountain and some nice runs.
latest report
Had 3 hours or so up today. Very bad light at first but sun started to come through lower down later. We found some nice powder off the side by the snowpark, lapped it several times in fact Happy Far fewer stones about but still a few in places. Came down the new blue home, pretty busy with some very nervous people on it, was a bit nasty in places. Due to snow everyday this week. Friday looks to be my shopping day, rain/snow with freezing point about 2500m Shocked Need to go this week, my interior designer goes home Saturday, without her I could buy anything wink
snow report
@Claude B, So VB is still shut then . . .presume this traditionally opens later/needs a solid base as there are no snow cannons?

Why was the Blue nasty in places . . .piste conditions or just pure weight of beginners racing for the bar?
latest report
@Belch, Both tbh. There were people on vallee blanche yesterday but they may have skied down from higher apartments or skinned up, will take a closer look today. Before the weekend there was virtually no snow on it Shocked

Lots of snow clearing activity outside early this morning, I was fairly late back from dinner at friends last night and there was a fair bit of fresh then. I'm meeting up with a big group of 10 or so this morning, more boarders than skiers I think Shocked Apart from 3 I've only met the others this week. Skiing is just so sociable, I love it Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 5-01-16 6:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Slightly off topic but my friend has just started a micro brewery in Bourg d'Oisans. You can taste his brew in Smokey Joes and I think the Underground bar in Alpe d'Huez.
snow report
@howiet, I was in there for apres yesterday, they did offer it, I'll give it a try next time Happy

Guy playing in there was fantastic, had a bit of a boogie with a friend, she loved his stuff, and sung myself hoarse to American Pie Happy
snow conditions
Sounds like a good time Very Happy

The actual brewery is behind Nanis Cafe in Bourg.
snow conditions
What an awesome day Happy Sunshine but cold all day keeping the recent snow in great condition. I skied with a big group of 10, the majority boarders, nothing tough but a good day with nice people. Fairly long day, 10.30 - 4.30. Fee and Diable areas still closed and only return run open is the new blue. A fair bit more snow forecast this week.
snow conditions
Far nicer day than forecast suggested. Skied from 10 - 3, light varied a little and some snow but generally OK. Now snowing very hard in resort Happy Oh and Super Diable sector open today Happy
snow conditions
@Claude B, just nicely timed for our arrival on 17th Cool I'd like to say I planned it all, but.....
snow report
@Montana, Certainly looking a lot better for you, will def meet Happy
latest report
Snowing heavily this morning, may well have done much of the night, forecast to continue all day, can't even see the mountain from my window Shocked DIY day I think Happy
snow report
. . .Looking good! Peeps on the VB this morning - dammit!
latest report
@Belch, You could see them Shocked The few mad men who went up this morning are rapidly coming down Happy

Just been to bakery and stopped for a coffee. There's been a lot of snow this morning and it's still falling. The photo is from the front of my building, mine is the middle car which I cleared yesterday afternoon. It's due to turn to rain this afternoon in resort (freezing point 2100m) with a small amount of snow overnight then rain tomorrow (freezing point 2200 - 2400m). In a way I'm not too upset as I'm driving down to Grenoble in the morning and wouldn't want to in this. Will be good for anything above Crete Happy

Anyone here next week it's your chance to become a world record breaker and get a free afternoon lift pass Happy
http://www.les2alpes.com/en/great-times/attempt-the-torchlit-descent-skiing-world-record.html

Quote:
To celebrate the inauguration of this new blue run,
we’re offering you a chance to be one of the lucky few to
ATTEMPT THE TORCHLIGHT DESCENT SKIING WORLD RECORD!
The goal is to bring together 3,000 people to carry out
this extraordinary 10 kilometre

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Haven't skied for the last 2 days weather hasn't been inviting and I'd other things to do. It did indeed rain in resort Thursday afternoon turning the snow into a slushy mess which was lethal on any unploughed roads. Freezing point has remained high and doesn't really get to a point below the resort until Monday and there's a good amount of snow forecast for Monday night and Tuesday. Looks very murky up the mountain this morning.

Not skiing again today, got other things to do, will get up tomorrow Happy
snow conditions
I'm missing your photos @Claude B.

Hope you get up sometime over the weekend
ski holidays
@kiteman69, weather not very good tbh and I've been helped by/helping a friend who goes home tomorrow. Rain just turned to wet snow in resort today, I've been building a ski locker and putting up hooks for friend Shocked No doubt I'll go up tomorrow whatever although I've got all yesterday's buys to build too Happy
snow report
Really windy today, only Vallee Blanche open. It was really busy up there and not very nice tbh. Very short day will get on with jobs this afternoon.
snow conditions
Horrible morning, raining in resort and windy. No lifts running on main mountain. I can't see Vallee Blanche from here but I can see people on it on the webcam, it must be really grim though. Other things today I think.
snow report
. .rain looks like its munching the lower slopes.
ski holidays
Has anyone got any links to live webcams for LDA? Ive found this one but want to see other parts of the mountain?

http://www.webcams.travel/webcam/fullscreen/1335263132

Ive found lots of still ones but all the ones higher up are just frozen over.
snow report
I've been looking at this one . . .don't think its live/real time although the updates seem fairly frequent

http://www.les2alpes.com/en/webcams.html

Presume as the majority of the mountain is above 2000 this explains the amount of cams at altitude . . .it's also good if you can't see anything on them (as long as your not actually there!)

100kmh winds at the top today . . .
snow conditions
Cam from that page on Vallee Blanche was certainly live this morning. I can't see that side but saw people moving around and quickly decided not to bother.

Went down to Grenoble where it was 15C and sunny and got back about 4. Fairly heavy snow in resort since. Supposed to be doing an avalanche awareness course up the mountain tomorrow, could be fun Shocked
ski holidays
Heavy snow in resort this morning, there's been a fair bit already and it's forecast to continue all day. Course could be interesting Shocked

Lots of blasting going on but wind has dropped a bit and Diable lift is running already to take workers up so safe to assume open today Happy
snow report
Seems to be looking much better on the cam today, hope the snow keeps up all week ready for the 16th.

Whats the situation with La Grave, would love to get a day there if weather permits but Id imagine the link is shut at the moment? Speaking of which do you need full avalanche gear to go over there and can you rent this with a guide?
ski holidays
I'm out on 16th so just hoping for a good lot of snow before then!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy