Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2015/16 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
What a difference a day makes, peeing down in resort and with a freezing point at over 2500m it will be pretty unpleasant up the mountain.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Claude. 2nd day in resort. Amazing weather yesterday. For our first ever day up the mountain it was stunning.

Very different today. But still loving it despite the current rain at resort level.

You seem to be the man in the know. What are conditions looking for the rest of the week? Everyone we ask says something a bit different.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Fridge03, Looking at forecast it looks like light snow all week but not as much as today. Freezing level dropping too.

I was out doing other things yesterday so missed the best day, however still had a great day Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Claude B wrote:
@Fridge03, Looking at forecast it looks like light snow all week but not as much as today. Freezing level dropping too.

I was out doing other things yesterday so missed the best day, however still had a great day Happy

Cheers. As long as there is snow on the mountain I'm happy! I would stick a photo up from yesterday but not quite figured out how to!

Recommend any good bars, maybe with some live music?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Figured it out. Fair to say. Amazing first day ever on a piste!

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Fridge03, Smokey Joes and Polar Bear have live music at apres time, say 5 - 7. Smithies has live music Wednesday nights I think at 10 but check. Other bars not regularly but as advertised.

Looks like you had a good day, I got back just after 5 yesterday and it was still warm then.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ditto Smokey Joes . . .try Alisier for posh(ish) nosh at good value . . .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes Alisier is very, very good Happy A bit different to the normal mountain fayre and it's about 100m from my place Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the 1st photo @Fridge03.

It brings back good memories of Jan2015
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skied from first lift Shocked for about 3 hours. Vallée Blanche was nice and pretty quiet. Headed over to main mountain about 12 but conditions/vis were poor so I skied down. Friend I was with did find à little light higher but its since snowed all afternoon. Yesterday's rain hasnt done lower slopes any good at all Sad This was very welcome at our hot chocolate stop Happy

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I di wonder what I was looking at there for a moment - thought you'd dug up your kitchen floor! Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Montana, Very Happy the very welcoming fire in Bergerie Kanata
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smokey Joe's band they had on whilst there the other week did some decent covers and some original stuff - guitar/vocal duo.

The chap in Polar Bear wasn't quite so good, but decent background entertainment.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smokey Joes seem to have residencies for 2 or 3 weeks. Polar Bear change nightly.

Nice morning atm Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, I got that impression from what the band had said @Claude B, different from what they used to do - a pal of ours used to do the season in there for them.
snow report
@jocrad, Was that the liverpudlian? He played there for years and was great value Happy

Vallée Blanche was horrible this morning, all the rain has made the snow very, very heavy Sad Hit the main mountain at lunchtime when it was quiet, Signal was superb and the Jandri runs nice. Came down ½ hour ago as the cloud was winning.
ski holidays
Is the signal ever bad? Happy
snow conditions
@moody_git, exactly. My favourite run in LDA.
latest report
Snow is always good but queues for lift back are bad atm, except 12 - 2 when any self-respecting frenchman is at lunch Happy

Laying in bed looking at the mountain through the window Happy it looks OK atm, bit of cloud but not too much. A friend who's here leaves later today so I'll ski with him this morning.

Although it's now snowing lightly.
ski holidays
@Claude B, yes it was. We met him and his wife at the bar they own in Portugal first, then happened to choose LDA for our next ski hol and bumped into him there! They're good friends now.

@moody_git, I lurve the Signal 1 blue first thing in the morning...cracking run.
ski holidays
Claude we are arriving at the weekend. Will it still be French holidays next week? Very busy?
ski holidays
@poppyb, Hi, yes the last week, 2nd week of Paris holiday, only one zone. Talking to a Parisian a couple of nights ago he thought there would be more from Paris than this week. TBH it hasn't been that bad. A few tips, make sure you're skiing from 12 - 2 especially in the most popular areas, its the quietest time the french all go to lunch, think about skiing Vallee Blanche at busy times it's usually quieter, other areas such as Fee are quieter too.
ski holidays
Thanks - sounds like good advice.
Did you happen to see my question about shops near champs du moulin for our Saturday night? We'll get there from Grenoble at 6 ish with no access to the shop till we get up the gondola the next morning. I don't think we can buy food at Grenoble airport. (Sorry to hijack your thread...) I believe security prohibits us from carrying tins etc through in our luggage.. Any ideas? Cheers
snow conditions
Went up from 11 to about 1.30. It was actually fairly nice and quiet and decent weather but when I skied back to resort it was snowing. Forecast is pretty good for tomorrow morning.

French lesson this afternoon. It's like the League of Nations; Brits, Dutch, Italians, Spanish, Russian and Rumanian Shocked Mainly seasonnaires working in bars, hotels, etc. Good crowd Happy Fortunately my lack of understanding of passe composee and imparfait tenses was negated by Megan who I was coupled with, she's a TEFL teacher back in UK Happy
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
Went up from 11 to about 1.30. It was actually fairly nice and quiet and decent weather but when I skied back to resort it was snowing. Forecast is pretty good for tomorrow morning.

French lesson this afternoon. It's like the League of Nations; Brits, Dutch, Italians, Spanish, Russian and Rumanian Shocked Mainly seasonnaires working in bars, hotels, etc. Good crowd Happy Fortunately my lack of understanding of passe composee and imparfait tenses was negated by Megan who I was coupled with, she's a TEFL teacher back in UK Happy

Was that with Sophie?
snow report
@howiet, Yep, she cornered me at a party a couple of weeks ago. Just as well really because I'd been meaning to do it and hadn't got round to it so I needed little persuading Happy
snow conditions
She is very good. I have lessons with her in Bourg d'Oisans on Thursday nights. I used to teach english for her to the lift company employees.
ski holidays
@howiet, Yes she is. Is Ian Huyton in your group, I know he goes down one evening, he's an instructor so can't do daytime lessons. It was at his apartment warming party she signed me up Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
every credit to @howiet & @Claude B for actually trying to learn there language, I am amazed at the general laziness of the Brits abroad who never even try Cool

A few years ago I went to college & took my GCSE in French as we were going to France at least twice a year, even got a grade C with no revision...

Guess I will get the French verbs out prior to next w/end Laughing
ski holidays
@michaelbury17, Mine was better 10+ years ago after a couple of years of evening classes. Need it for sorting bills out, etc Shocked

Skied 10.30 to 2.30, nice and sunny and reasonably quiet over the lunch period. Will get up again in the morning, should be quiet as change over day Happy
snow report
Flat light yesterday and looks similar today. I did ski for a while yesterday though, bumped into a friend at the lift and skied with him. He's an Italian snowboard instructor so isn't bad at all Shocked
snow report
Hi Claude,

I will be arriving to LDA on Tuesday (01.03). It seems that we are going to have heavy fall of snow on Wed-Fri.
Where do you go when it's snowing/flat light ?

Thanks!
latest report
Wherever's open @postai, !

We've been there several times and this last time was the worst for lifts closing due to winds alongside the snow. The Vallee Blanche sector did seem to remain open most of the time though, and there's good snow coverage on there I think at the mo - early or late season it can be tricky, but was good 2 weeks ago.

@Claude B, I had a lovely Italian boarding instructor via ESS, Daniel. Not him by any chance is it?
snow report
@jocrad, No Matteo but I think I've met Daniel too, most of the ESS guys were at à party I went to recently.

No trees as such here, keep low and VB can be good bet. Not really busy this week.
latest report
Visibility from my balcony atm is about 20m Shocked Good job I'm not skiing, shopping in Grenoble Very Happy
ski holidays
I think it wasn't that bad yesterday although I was down in Grenoble.

Plan today, as forecast best day of week, was to go over to La Grave. Told at lift office at 8.45 link closed because of high winds but got extensions anyway, link never actually opened. Lovely sunny but windy day. We did Clôt de Chalance and other off piste routes in resort instead. Chalance from the top below.

And view from Fée snowing all but the bottom

Forecast for quite a lot of snow for the rest of the week.
ski holidays
Big, big dump here Happy Started around lunchtime but was sporadic until late afternoon/early afternoon and still falling. I walked home from a friends quite late yesterday and it was hard work getting through the deep snow. Forecast to continue for the next few days Shocked
snow report
. . .if it does this for the next 2 weeks I will be a happy chap . . . Cool
ski holidays
About 50cm in resort since yesterday lunchtime, set to continue into the weekend. I haven't skied today but although there was a lot closed for avi clearance and vis was poor mates said powder was awesome. From my balcony just now Shocked

snow conditions
About half the mountain open today with the high lifts being shut so very crowded on cretes and jandri etc. Nice to have so much snow though
We tried the public heated open air swimming pool which was fun and relaxing and only JUST warm enough but we paid extra for a jacussi.
Still haven't visited Vallee Blanche. Likely to be same conditions tomorrow and wonder if it's sensible? It seemed quite busy today
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy