Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2015/16 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
I got either the J2Ski or Snow-forecast email last night and it was saying up to 30cm Saturday into Sunday?!?!

Heading out this time next week so the more the better!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A couple of the guys I skied with yesterday came over here today. Conditions were a bit of strange this morning, lot of hard pack, softened up this afternoon and was lovely. Warm and sunny again. Fair bit of snow forecast Saturday night and Sunday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow overnight, even a bit in resort, freezing level was forecast to be higher. Very murky and blasting going on. I'm going to be slobbing about the apartment with manflu Shocked

Also getting busy, loads of people, cars, coaches about.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rained hard in resort most of yesterday. I believe from those who were mad enough to go up that there wasn't much open and it was rain to quite a high level. I'm going to go up this morning and hopefully enjoy the snow that fell higher up Happy Forecast to be very warm for next couple of days with freezing point as high as 4000m Shocked before getting colder briefly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fair bit of new powder up there but very warm and quite windy. Busy now too. Did the big off piste run on the glacier but the snow was quite heavy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice day yesterday but I've had manflu so just did a bit of piste cruising. Snowing hard atm and forecast to continue all day, DIY day for me. Mega dump forecast for Sunday and snow continuing through to Wednesday Shocked Should be fun with the French holidays starting this weekend.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shedloads of snow here yesterday and particularly overnight. I walked home from a mate's about 10 last night and there was already a lot in resort then, my balcony is buried this morning for the first this winter. Looks like being a bluebird powder morning Very Happy Lots of blasting atm can't see things opening for a while, can see a fair bit of wind on the peaks too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Loads of powder and blue sky yesterday so I christened my Director Carbonlites. Really cold strong wind though. Sunny again today and wind dropped, I just cruised pistes today. Gonna make the most of a quiet sunny day again tomorrow. Forecast is for some really wild weather with huge dumps starting Saturday night and lasting several days. French holidays also start tomorrow. DIY for a few days I think Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't forget @Claude B, a picture paints a thousand words....................

But I don't want to see your DIY skills Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Claude B,
Do you know hotel La Meije? Is it an ok place to stay...some mixed reviews about. I may be about to leave Valloire/Valmeinier for a little trip south..... Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't wait. Heading out on the 20th!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The meijotel?
It's the apartment block above the tourist office right next to the Jandri.
We stayed in it once several years back. Let's just say it isn't the best place for families. It's usually chock full of Belgian/Polish yoofs, at least towards the end of the season.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
not fair . . .hit the wrong week! Hoping this keeps up well into March for the rematch!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been a bit bad on the photo front lately tbh Shocked

Hotel de La Meije is a different place, on the main drag in middle of town. I'm sure friend used to stay there a fair bit, cheap and OK for the price.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yesterday was nice but windy and quiet. I only skied for about 3 hours and kept below 2700m. Vallee Blanche early afternoon was glorious and almost deserted.

Very wild night, very wet and windy in resort. Looks as if there are no lifts running up the mountain atm. Very busy here atm too as French holidays started yesterday, bars could be busy Shocked
snow conditions
Been snowing very heavily in resort since late morning and higher up for a lot longer. Looks like there might be a lull in the morning before resuming for much of the week. If so Directors on and early lift Happy

My place a few minutes ago Happy
ski holidays
Lift at 9, busy but not too bad. Against our better judgement we went to Diable, the guy who suggested it is a 6' 10" Russian bouncer though Shocked Carnage at the top as nowhere to go so we skied down Diable black and over to Vallee Blanche where I wanted to go in the first place. Busy but not too bad we then skied all the way back down to the Petit Aiguille lift well off piste. Having had a cold for a week this took its toll on me and I left the others and came down at 1.
Vallee Blanche this morning
ski holidays
Quote:
Hotel de La Meije is a different place, on the main drag in middle of town. I'm sure friend used to stay there a fair bit, cheap and OK for the price.

It is indeed (ignore the punter!)
ski holidays
Horrible afternoon, sleet and poor visibility in resort so it must be dreadful further up. Just poor vis this morning Shocked No skiing today, been productive in the apartment. Going to an apartment warming party for one of the local British instructors this evening, looks like a really eclectic mix of nationalities are invited Happy

Heavy snow forecast basically for the foreseeable future Shocked
latest report
Great party last night, instructors (Italian, Brits and French) in the majority. Apparently there was a smallish avalanche here yesterday involving 3 pisteurs, 1 buried but dug out by the other 2. Be careful out there! Weather pants atm, snow forecast in varying quantities every day for next week, big dumps on some days.
snow report
Been pretty good the last couple of days, plenty of snow and sunshine and powder if you look. Busy though but queues can be avoided.

Just walked back from my mates and there are been several inches of the most glorious dry fluffy snow in resort already. Will have to take a look in the morning Happy
latest report
Dumping big time atm with awful vis, can't see me getting up today. Forecast is for snow on and off, with some big dumps, until about Tuesday Shocked I'm hoping it clears then as I've a trip out planned towards the end of the week!
snow report
Stopped snowing here about 12 and sun came out so I've just skied for 2 hours, it was very nice. Very windy now though and clouding up again.
snow conditions
Forgot to add that I came back down the Valentine and it was lovely, nice covering of snow, no hard pack or moguls (although tbf I don't mind those). First time this winter I've enjoyed skiing it.
latest report
@Claude B, how is it today? I have clients who arrived yesterday - first time in LDA - and were a bit concerned about the conditions, visibility and wind-wise. Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
@Montana, Its been snowing all morning with poor vis Sad Don't know about the wind I can't see any peaks to see if there's anything blowing about Shocked Lifts running though, they were mostly stopped yesterday afternoon. Due to improve over the week though Happy
ski holidays
@Claude B, thanks Very Happy - they'll be pleased to hear about the forecast improvement. Always a pain to arrive somewhere, when you've only got a week, to see lifts closed and poor vis.
snow report
It actually brightened up yesterday afternoon but by then I was committed to other things. Very nice this morning atm will get out at a reasonable time I think.. In an effort to avoid the hordes I think I'll start on Vallee Blanche then move over to the main mountain at lunchtime.

I've got to get a couple of hikes in this week too in prep for one on Sunday near Chambery. Woman I'm meeting is a bit hardcore Shocked

One of the local restaurants made a real effort yesterday Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My strategy worked very well, in fact lunchtime on main mountain quiet Happy Did the 2 Fee blacks for the first time this winter today, Fee 2, which is probably the steepest in resort and only just opened was loaded with snow Happy

If you know where to look it can be quiet, not even lunchtime :-
latest report
@Claude B, I presume by hike you mean ski touring?

Later in the season when we're in spring touring conditions then we should meet up at the Lautaret with KenX who I've now taken out a couple of times.

We might be nipping over to La Grave this week.
snow report
@Weathercam, No walking Shocked I have bought a touring set up though that I haven't tried at all yet, that's a job for next week. I've met Ken, he's been over here a couple of times. I saw the pics of your trips on FB, looked great.
latest report
Lovely day today and I skied for 3½ hours without seeing a queue.

Because I'd never done it before I skied from 3400m down to Mont de Lans and It's 15.72 km, 2132 vert metres, I took the longest route inc the Demoiselles Shocked Did it non stop but not busting a gut in 28 mins Happy From 3600m it must be over 17 km.

Photo of the main mountain taken from Bergerie Kanata on Vallee Blanche this afternoon
snow report
Apparently the pisteurs and lifties are on strike in the morning Shocked Just as well I was planning a hike up the mountain Very Happy
snow report
Sounds an awesome run Claude B looking forward to our trip, only two & a bit weeks off wink
ski holidays
@michaelbury17, No doubt I'll see you about Smile
snow conditions
As I needed to get a hike in, with lifties on strike (see separate thread) today was ideal. Lovely weather and there were loads of hikers, snow shoers and ski tourers going up Vallee Blanche. Many only went as far as Bergerie Kanata which is ⅓ of the way, I went to the top.

latest report
. . .nice! Moguls on Valentine looking a bit hardcore . . .
snow conditions
@Belch, haven't been down it since Sunday was nice then

Just skied for a couple of hours on Vallee Blanche yesterday, was very quiet and nice snow, sun never quite made it though. French lesson in afternoon Shocked

Very murky this morning with a sprinkling of snow. Got to dig my car out and sort it this morning ready for a trip on Sunday. It hasn't moved for 3 weeks Shocked Weekend looks nice will ski tomorrow but I'm meeting someone at Lac du Bourget on Sunday Smile
latest report
Lovely sunny day, last weeks hordes leaving, this weeks still to come! Better ski those deserted slopes Smile

Unfortunately sun didn't last, light became flat ,Sad
snow conditions
Just a reminder that there are other things to do near the Alps if you're about long enough. I met someone from Geneva at Aix Les Bains for a walk along the lake and lunch. It was very warm and very busy later in the afternoon. You'll have to put up with a photo of me Shocked

Driving back it was 20°C in the Grenoble area and I believe I've missed a warm sunny day here, worth it though Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy