Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
@skiingwithdemons, I liked not buying from Amazon. It is for me. And my email starts with my user name over there.↩️
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skiingwithdemons, keep the dog fed, price is fine , great fun read Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dabber, cheers - glad it entertained and thanks for helping keep Oscar's bowl full.
@henzerani, Being a bit thick - can you DM me your name - dozens of order to sift through Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skiingwithdemons, I've PMed you.
Honestly, no one seems to have even rudimentary Swahili these days.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Am enjoying the book. A ripping good yarn!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers @ulmerhutte, pleased. My 1St reader Down Under.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got a batch of snowHead stickers - one to be included with every book ordered from snowHeaders.
- make a note of your sH handle in the order details.

(only when ordering from skiingwithdemons.com - can't supply via Amazon).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bethc, consider it done. I like that men are buying SWD for their better halves.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skiingwithdemons Hubby has ordered me a copy for Christmas as I enjoyed the sample chapters. Can I be cheeky and ask for it signed? Full name is Beth Coleman (hopefully that'll help you work out which order is for me!). Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skiingwithdemons, thanks for that. He'll enjoy 'that' chapter I think!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MySkiFriends is now offer 10% discount to super/meg Heads for remaining rooms at Chalet Framboise (Morzine).

Hell - I'll even refund the price of the book (assuming you bought it) - you may even feature in the sequel.

checkout www.myskifriends.com

Twisted Evil
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bought the book too – though kindle edition, I have no space for actual books!

I’m really enjoying it so far – really fun read, and nice to read something written with a very genuine and realistic tone, compared to the ‘ski novel’ type stuff out there (some of which I do also like!)

I have to ask though, if you’re so buddy-buddy with SCGB, why are you associating with us over here? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Nice to offer the chalet discount for snowheads btw snowHead – your chalet and approach is a really good idea, and I’d definitely join you if I had time, but not possible this year.

Edit: one other question (hope this isn’t a spoiler) - the avalanche in Tignes you referred to while on the SCGB leaders course, was that 2012? If so, many sH’s here were involved in that search, it was during our Pre-Season Bash. Very sobering and scary day.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@fixx, Glad you're enjoy the book so far. You'll find out in later chapters why I'm a fan/member of the SCGB.

However they have been a little unresponsive in regard to Skiing With Demons.
I sent them a complimentary copy or two - probably a bit racy for them or they simple don't know what to make of it.

Lots of SCGB Leaders are snowHeads - I'm not alone. Ones standing for election onto the SCGB council this year - he got my vote.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 17-11-15 15:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@fixx, - YES Tignes avalanche described in book was Dec2012. It was difficult to write about that, wanted to get my facts straight and there was little information reported in press to corroborate my recollections - other than the sentences given to the offending instructors 2 years later. Maybe I should have asked on snowHeads for other witness accounts.

As you say - a grim day on the mountains.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It was only a joke re. SCGB Smile I know many people here are also members, and I’ve toyed with joining in the past, just not actually needed to yet (actually, I probably should do this year, must go check resort list…).

Re. Dec 2012, yep, there has been a lot of discussion on here in the past, worth a search - if you can bear it.
snow report
@fixx, yes - I wasn't really aware of/knew how to use snowHeads (yes really) until this discussion popped up on a Google search for my book! - I wrote the 1st Tigne chapter over 2 year ago. Now I can see it would have been a valuable resource.

Defo - join the "Tee Club" - if you don't know a resort or have no one good-enough to ski with. In France its a bit odd right now and your Leader will be a French EVO2 instructor and you'll have to give him £20. But I think thats good value for a days guiding & some instruction tips. If I have a chalet full of beginners or I don't want to go 'GF skiing' I head to the Club - but you've read all about that already! Twisted Evil
snow report
I will be in London this weekend - is it available at any of the "brick and morter" stores?
ski holidays
@Lilledonmarco, Waterstones sell it - but I doubt all their branches will have it in stock.

If you go to Waterstones website - order it - and specify which store you want to collect it from using their click-and-collect service.

OR order from Amazon or from my websites ( you'll get a couple of snowHeads sticker if you do Happy.

Thank for your interest. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, Copy ordered from your website; point taken on amazon deductions!

There are some parallels. I did my early-mid-life crisis season in Morzine, driving a Land Rover Defender that liked to break down, and nearly losing my other half in the process (thankfully she stuck in the end!), and doing instructor training that frankly went way over my head.

Looking forward to reading it!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 18-11-15 13:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
PS - would be awesome if you could sign it, as I intend to give it to my Mrs as a Christmas present (just before our New Year trip to Morzine - brilliant if you could get that into a message to Jo somehow: it would make a really personal present), as evidence that there was someone out there whose time wasn't all huge fun and games (I think part of her objections were that I was having a great time while she was working hard...)

Very Happy
snow conditions
@Harry Flashman, blimey, what an uncanny parallel experience - Morzine/Defender/Instructor training/unhappy spouse - we should start a Club? SWD should convince Jo it's not all Powder & Partying and being a ski-bum is actually much harder work than the term "bum" suggests. Will write something appropriate in her book.

BUT not sure which is your order. Either it hasn't come through yet , but I cant find a Harry Flashman in my inbox? -give us a clue or DM?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 18-11-15 22:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Got my copy today - saving it to read when actually out there snowHead
ski holidays
Mine too. Had a quick flick through but also saving it for the evenings when I'm out on holiday over Xmas/NY. Looks right up my street for apres ski entertainment.
snow report
Mine arrived today- read the first two chapters then put the book down....
ski holidays
@skiingwithdemons, have PM'd you - but my name is foreign sounding, first initial S, surname E. Lots of Ls in surname...
snow report
@Harry Flashman - got it, in the post today. Hope your missis enjoys ( no sneaky reading it yourself).
@Dr Rock, sorry it didn't rock your boat - 2nd hand value is £108 according to Amazon! Think of it as an investment or just a really expensive way of getting sH stickers.
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
@red 27, @lampygirl, good idea chaps - please read it in public places and LOL a lot - even if you have to force a laugh.

If you leave it in your chalet - please tear out the last page before you leave.
Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Just bought a copy on Amazon!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers @Spyglass - hope you enjoy.
ski holidays
Quote:

@Dr Rock, sorry it didn't rock your boat - 2nd hand value is £108 according to Amazon! Think of it as an investment or just a really expensive way of getting sH stickers.

Toofy Grin I wanted to save it to read at work on night shifts... Razz More instalments to continue tonight! It's a great read and I highly recommend it wink
latest report
@Grinning, thanks for buying @skiingwithdemons, hope you enjoy.
snow report
FYI If you live in France Skiing With Demons is now available on amazon.fr with free delivery - just search for title.

ditto: Italy - amazon.it and for my Canadian ski-friends in Whistler, its also on amazon.ca
Twisted Evil
snow report
What about Brazil and Peru?
Is there Amazon in the Amazon?
snow conditions
@admin, Very Happy South America is Phase Two of my world domination plan. :twisted
ski holidays
Bought the book yesterday, kindle edition. Half way through it already, fanatic read.

I enjoyed sharing your thoughts on Mutzig & Opera with my 18 year son. Who discovered both in the past year, But I fear he has many years before he sees the error of his ways Smile
latest report
@skiingwithdemons,

Pretty sure skiing with Sierra Quitiquit would redefine GF skiing, but I'm up for it.

Sierra Quitiquit: How Did I Get Here Official Trailer from Sierra Quitiquit
https://vimeo.com/145891472

phew!
snow report
@Super Steezy, No - skiing with Sierra would NOT redefine GF skiing.

Now, if I was lucky enough to go skiing with Sierra and, even more fortunate, she was my girlfriend, we would still be GF skiing.

I would be the GF and she would probably leave her boots in walk-mode. I would expect her to wait at the bottom while I snowploughed down the first couloir and I'd expect her not to pull a face if I requested a loo stop just 5mins after the mid-morning chocolate break. I'd want a long lunch too - with wine.

And, if she shouted at me for taking too long to mount my skis - I'd pack her in.

OK, maybe I wouldn't - but she'd be on a warning.

Twisted Evil
latest report
@Jja, "Don't drink Mutzig or go to the Opera" - great parental advice - Ta for buying SWD.
latest report
If you've read/reading SWD (or are an American) - do you think the Yanks will get my humour ?

I'm worried that the skiing experience is so different in the US , they wont relate to the Apres Aliens, Ski Nazi etc (and particularly understand that 'GF skiing' is tongue in cheek) ?
or get some of the jokes/stereo types I ridicule (myself being one of them).

I've not invested too much in marketing the book state-side yet - but obviously there are a lot of enthusiastic skiers/boarders in America.
We don't see too many in Morzine (4 books sold in US so far - 3 positive reviews, suspect all bought by myskifriends US guests).

TIA - for the free market research snowHeads ! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:

If you've read/reading SWD (or are an American) - do you think the Yanks will get my humour ?

I'm worried that the skiing experience is so different in the US , they wont relate to the Apres Aliens, Ski Nazi etc (and particularly understand that 'GF skiing' is tongue in cheek) ?
or get some of the jokes/stereo types I ridicule (myself being one of them).

That's their loss IMO Toofy Grin
Love the Apres Aliens and Ski Demons - I am going to infect others with them this season Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy