Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
@skiingwithdemons, just to add that I bought the book last year as an Xmas present for OH [she's still unsure if there's a hidden meaning!] Toofy Grin Skullie rolling eyes Puzzled

Awesome book if you are in any doubt, you will split your sides at some of the antics that Chris gets upto - really!!

Anyway, I think I shall purchase another copy for my best mate, came late to ski-ing but finally understands why after all these years why we have encouraged him & his family to join us on the hill.

Will think of something witty & ask for a personal signed copy, will go direct to your blog.

Have a great/safe time in resort this season.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@michaelbury17, OK now I understand: OH = "Other Half" sorry I've been drinking.
There are plenty of hidden meanings in SWD-II. My "OH" is currently doing the final proofing and keeps looking over her glasses.

I'll be posting some sample chapters in week or so.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skiingwithdemons, aghh! Just ordered through your website (22:30pm Friday 18th) , indeed looking forward to signed book #1001
(you said you'd sold 1000, yes?) as per your instructions on taking names from the card details.

And then realised that I'm known to the banking fraternity as "James" , but I'm really a "Jim".

IF by any chance you read this before dispatch, I'd be grateful for that to be taken into consideration when you put pen to frontispiece.

And then I'd like to get SWD II...

Arctic, aka Jim
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Arctic Roll, Will do Jim. I'm officially called James too! I use my 2nd name "Chris" to avoid income tax.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ah go on , just bought a copy Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@hawkwind, cheers spotted the order - in the post today. Hope you enjoy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hawkwind, with your 2 months skiing this season, that book is dangerous!! You'll never come home Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@letsgetpiste, im already imagining ways to extend the two months!
Lottery win, being offered a job etc 😀
Man this November has dragged in but less than 4 weeks to go and about 3 more contracts with work, the finish line is close
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skiingwithdemons, arrived today - ta muchly.

It now needs to go into the great "hidden Christmas pile" as Mrs roll calls it, to be forgotten by me, until it appears as if my magic, in the traditional yuletide stocking. 56 yo, and still needs Santa's gifts... some of us never really do grow up do we?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skiingwithdemons, have just bought 2 copies. This is not an error. One is for a gift for "Jim Smith". The other is for me. Can be combined for postage. Thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
did you send that book via one of them drone things Smile
arrived at lunchtime today
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@hawkwind, no drone - although having the lady from the post office round for dinner must be helping.
Let me know how your two months ski-bummery goes. After SWD-II, I've run out of my own skiing anecdotes and will be looking for material for SWD-III.

@JohnHSmith, thanks - twice.
@Arctic Roll, no peaking.

I seem to be selling a lot of SWD-I in France (via Amazons.fr) I'm not sure what's going on. It's cheaper now (in Euros)
- do Amazon.fr deliver to the UK?

Hope to post some sample chapters from SWD-II this weekend. Waiting for my editor to send back the English version.

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@skiingwithdemons,

my book arrived today also, got this mailing off to a fine T.

Looking forward to SWD-II thats 1st present for the OH Very Happy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Finally, SWD-II is being printed. I've been assured I'll have the first batch (100) next week.

So - to order your signed, 1st edition copy, of 'SWD-II The Agents of Entropy' go here http://www.skiingwithdemons.com/aoe/

By 1st edition, I mean one with spelling mistakes, yet to be pointed out by readers. However, you never know, it might be a collector's item one day Happy

Sample chapter here : https://skiingwithdemons.com/sample-chapters-3/1-the-ardent-incident/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ordered. Hard copy this time instead of kindle! Look forward to it.
snow report
@endoman, Thanks - hope you're not disappointed. It's a bit different to SWD-I. But, by all accounts, it's still funny.
- my Mum won't like it.
snow report
Ordered thanks Sad Skullie Very Happy Skullie

Only half way through 1st saving for winter snowHead snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 26-11-16 12:36; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
Finished the first book last night, good read and I agree with a lot of the insights Very Happy sign of a good bar is a hook and a foot rail , been telling people that for years
ski holidays
@DaiSki, Thanks. Hopefully you now have enough reading material for the season.

@hawkwind, Glad you enjoyed SWD-I - more coat hook action in SWD-II.
snow report
Excellent news@skiingwithdemons, copy ordered
latest report
@jubnut, cheers. Just 50 left Laughing

Order here : http://www.skiingwithdemons.com/aoe/
snow conditions
Just ordered and looking forward to it.
latest report
I was a bit surprised at the two bad reviews on amazon, thought they were maybe lacking in humour or faffing about. But maybe in some ways a couple of bad ones is great as well, gives a little more to laugh about and wondering if they were in the book and knew it.
latest report
@CAPTA1N P, Yep - the 2 bad reviews make the 46 good ones valid - it also proves I didn't write them all myself!
If you don't upset someone or say something controversial, you've got yourself a really boring book. I hope SWD-II is in the same mold.
- let me know. ( I hope you're not a property developer, or a lawyer - or work for ESF?)
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, I used to be a lawyer with property developer clients but I'm still greatly looking forward to the second instalment! Toofy Grin
snow report
@skiingwithdemons, can I buy a couple of copies but without postage and pick up somewhere in Morzine, after the 16th, but before 21st when we leave for a couple of weeks?
snow report
@Pamski, Sure can. I don't get to Zine till 5th Jan, then they will be for sale in the central bookshop or seek me out (look in the bars).
- They might have a slight aroma of bacon and diesel fumes though.

@Hurtle
Quote:

( I hope you're not a property developer, or a lawyer - or work for ESF?)

No offence - read sample chapter to get the joke - https://skiingwithdemons.com/sample-chapters-3/1-the-ardent-incident/
snow report
@skiingwithdemons, great stuff!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It occurred to me that I'd forget to tell sH what SWD-II was about! So here is the blurb from the back of the book:

"This second Skiing with Demons book traces the post-midlife crisis of our ageing ski-bum from garage-dwelling chalet-host to existential philosopher, ski psychologist, failed domestic goddess and writer. There’s wisdom here but unusually packaged, wisdom that will be useful to all who aspire to live their dreams – no matter how old.

Enter the dangerous and yet alluring world of BASI Ballerinas, Saga Louts, Angry Pirates, Cougars and Soggy Bottom Boys – collectively called the ‘Agents of Entropy’ by Chris, because they often bring disorder, if not chaos, to his life. No one who stays in his chalet is above suspicion, from the yummy mummy with her teenage boarding brats, to the French skiing gods of the ESF, however he discovers the most powerful Agent is the evil black chalet cat.

Chris shares his life as an act of generosity and he casts his eye wide both in Morzine, and the lesser known resorts of Laax, South Cave and Sutton Coldfield.

If you survive this account without either dying of laughter or depression, you may with luck enter those broad philosophical uplands now attained by the author, where the snow is always powder and the wine is always hot. It might even improve your skiing – although Chris suspects it might not."

Order here : http://www.skiingwithdemons.com/aoe/
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, thanks for message. I will sort out ordering.
snow report
Ordered mine and a second one for a present. Only downside is that it will probably be finished by boxing day if the last one is anything to go by.
ski holidays
@ansta1, Ta muchly. SWD-II has a slightly lower word count (thanks to a lot of editorial redactions), but I've use much longer words, so it should last longer than the turkey.
latest report
@skiingwithdemons, any more news on a Kindle version?
snow report
ousekjarr wrote:
@skiingwithdemons, any more news on a Kindle version?
I was just looking it up earlier today.
snow conditions
@Hurtle, The Kindle version should be Amazon in three weeks time.
latest report
Just ordered your first book Chris - meant to do so last year but somehow slipped my ageing brain (like many other things). Looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Dave.
snow conditions
A copy of SWD-I is in the post @nemesys, thanks.

If anyone want's to visit the crime scene , I still have some rooms free in Jan?
more info : http://www.myskifriends.com
latest report
Live in France ?

SWD-II now available on amazon.fr with free delivery Happy http://bit.ly/swdaoefr

Live in UK ?

order here http://www.skiingwithdemons.com/aoe
snow conditions
skiingwithdemons wrote:
Finally, SWD-II is being printed. I've been assured I'll have the first batch (100) next week.

So - to order your signed, 1st edition copy, of 'SWD-II The Agents of Entropy' go here http://www.skiingwithdemons.com/aoe/

By 1st edition, I mean one with spelling mistakes, yet to be pointed out by readers. However, you never know, it might be a collector's item one day Happy

Sample chapter here : https://skiingwithdemons.com/sample-chapters-3/1-the-ardent-incident/

Heh - SWD, that chapter brought memories of my own daily commuter car on that same drive up to Ardent every morning. And parking on the piles of ploughed snow, right next to the piste even after a late arrival at busy times - because you can in a 4x4.

And I also remember that treacherous beast of a road. I had full on snow tyres on my car, and still had a couple of buttock-clenching moments on that trip. Never managed to stack it though - congratulations!

Here's a pic of The Destroyer (so named by my now wife as a play on "Defender", and because she absolutely hated it) parked (not crashed, note) by Lac Montriond, in all its frozen glory. That's lake and car, due to Land Rover's aversion to fitting heating that actually works to a Defender. And below another pic of the lake on my commute home from a day's skiing.

DSC_0075.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr

DSC_0066.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr

And have a pic from the top of Ardent car park, taken at 2am on a clear night. Your daily commute involves some beautiful places, that I still miss. Don't forget that!

DSC_0052.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 7-12-16 12:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Whow! those are staggeringly beautiful photos @Harry Flashman, and I'm not just talking about the one with your Landie in.

Do you mind if I use them on my blog ? (I will credit you).

I think I have seen your Landie in the Ardent car park (and had feeling of jealously).

Glad you liked the samples chapter, hope you have bought the book, there is a whole chapter on the Defender's winter shotcomings.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy