Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
Just got Landie (of SWD fame) back from the garage - new diff-lock, fuel-tank, brake capiliars, clutch, back door, seat!
- I'll soon be getting to the stage when only the number plates are original.

Actually only the back one, lost the front plate during an unfortunate encounter with a snow drift during Season 2.

Any LandRover owner on snowHeads - which is the best forum ?
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skiingwithdemons, thank you so much for the signed copy for Lady F! A very personal present.

I also bought myself a copy for the Kindle, and have just finished it. Good fun, poignant in many places, and strangely uplifting. Thank you!

As for Landies, get yourself to Pistonheads.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Harry Flashman, Your welcome - hope I spelt her name 'rite'. Uplifting - yes SWD has a happy ending. I hate stories that end badly, luckily mine didn't.

Thanks for downloading the Kindle version too. Good idea to read it before giving it as a present.
- lots of snow-dreamers have bought SWD for their more fragrant 1/2s but the gift might be misinterpreted.

The subject of my latest blog 'Not all Chalet Girls are on a 'gap-yer': http://bit.ly/gap-yer

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skiingwithdemons, thanks for sending my copy out so promptly. It arrived on Friday and I'm already half way through.

A really great read so far Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have my 91 year old Aunt as 2nd kindle on my account and I have inadvertently delivered the book to her kindle. 'Auntie' has accompanied our family to the Alps on a number of ski trips and is avidly reading the book at present! I wonder if she is the oldest reader? Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skiingwithdemons wrote:

The subject of my latest blog 'Not all Chalet Girls are on a 'gap-yer': http://bit.ly/gap-yer
Laughing very good!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@admin, thanks - bit of publicity for my favourite forum (re: http://bit.ly/gap-yer)

@Roger C - glad it's a page-turner. I try to post the same day I receive the order.
Dr Debs thinks I'm having an affair with the post office lady - she is quite hot.

@CaravanSkier, YEP - 91 is the oldest person to read SWD (TMK). Hope she doesn't pack-it-all-in and become a ski-bum - you're never too old (apparently).
Impressive that she uses a Kindle. My mum doesn't even do email (79yo). She'd waiting till her new reading glasses turn up before reading SWD - then I'm in the proverbial.

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you've read SWD - what words, written on the back of this shirt, would make you buy it?

"I skied The Wall - but I don't want to talk about it"
"If I sleep with you tonight, it doesn't mean I'll ski with you in the morning"
"I've been abducted by Apres Aliens"
"I have no friends on a powder-day"

Suggestions ?

hope @admin will let me get away with this as I've just paid my subs.
You can select colour/sized/sex and buy here : http://skiingwithdemons.inkthreadable.co.uk/sols-ladies-majestic-long-sleeve-t-shirt-skiing-with-demons-2
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiingwithdemons wrote:
If you've read SWD - what words, written on the back of this shirt, would make you buy it?
By 'buy it', buy SWD or buy the shirt?

Bye Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@admin Both. Can we come up with a strap line that, once read on the back of a shirt, made people want to buy the book? But also appeal to people who have already read the book enough to want to pay for the privilege of being a free bill-board for the product.
- Oh-lordy, I'm back in a "Thought Shower" at that Ad Agency again. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
my copy arrived today and already read several chapters, very enjoyable

most fun is trying to categorise people you know into the groups!!

Chapters just the right length to make this a great toilet book
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks @arfarf, we all know at least one Ski Nazi, Stoker, Equipment Bore, Powder Hound and mosts of us have been T.E Charlie at least when we were learning.

Worry that a toilet trend is developing with readers, though. Seems many are reading it while - er - contemplating. Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well i just finished, only thing i can see americans needing is an introductory explanation of the whole chalet concept.
When i saw you had listed anyone from essex on the do not share list at first i thought WTF? Then i remembered i only ever did one chalet trip and hated the whole chalet side of things and was probably not the best of neighbors.
I mean what do they mean by starting with a talk about how they are not servants??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@essex, yes - sorry about that 'essex joke'. I pretty much ruled out the entire population of the world in that exclusion list, including myself. I once had a bad experience sharing a chalet with drug dealers (just happened to be from Essex) - it was a bit of an in-joke for my Essex mates. Sounds like you had a bad chalet experience too. But I've mostly found shared chalets fun - maybe not always for the right reasons.

Thanks for that US feedback : I forgot the Yanks don't really have chalets - I'll try and create a pre-amble.
However I'm starting to get a dribble of orders from the US. Had a couple of good review on Amazon.com too.
Another one would help Happy ?

Quote:

I mean what do they mean by starting with a talk about how they are not servants??

Not sure what you mean ? Was this a quote from SWD, I haven't read it myself Twisted Evil ( well not recently).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh sure i will get on amazon with a few nice words over the weekend.
No the not your servants line was part of the welcome talk when i did a chalet holiday with my then wife (american), we both were a bit puzzled by that comment, not expecting downton abbey but umm they were the staff and we were paying. This idea of pretend you are staying with friends, honestly confuses me.
latest report
@essex, Well, think your chalet company had some "staff issues" - shame it put you off.
I'm pretty much everyone's servant, although no-one treats me like one and most behave like they are invited guests in my home.
Actually - that sums up how the chalet concept should work, perfectly.

Really appreciate the Amazon.com review and your time. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Quote:

"I skied The Wall - but I don't want to talk about it"
"If I sleep with you tonight, it doesn't mean I'll ski with you in the morning"
"I've been abducted by Apres Aliens"
"I have no friends on a powder-day"

Suggestions ?

Apres
Alien
Abducted.
Again!

Or,

Another
Apres
Alien
Abductee
ski holidays
@Dr Rock, Like the AA... idea. how about "If the Ski Demons don't get you the Apres Aliens will"
- wish I could get the creative team back at my old agency to work on this - but they don't talk to me anymore - can't think why. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:

how about "If the Ski Demons don't get you the Apres Aliens will"

Could do, or,

"Ski Demons vs Apres Aliens: let the piste decide" - (as in a play on piste versus pissed)
ski holidays
Could be because you're terrible at creative tag lines @skiingwithdemons, snowHead

Nice review in the new edition of Morzine Source magazine I spotted today whilst latte'ing in Beanies. Should boost the sales snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
maybe your right. It took me a year to come up with the title for the book.

Thanks for the heads-up @Nadenoodlee, - I was wondering why my French sales where up.
- I can't get hold of Morzine Source in Sutton Coldfield. Hopefully someone will post a photo of the review on Facebook or here !

I guess you live in Zine ? Have you read SWD? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:

Quote:
"If the Ski Demons don't get you the Apres Aliens will"
"Ski Demons vs Apres Aliens: let the piste decide"

Where getting there@Dr Rock,
ski holidays
"If the Ski Demons don't get you the Apres Aliens will"
"Ski Demons vs Apres Aliens: let the piste decide"

So it's a ski-off between these two choices then? Cool
latest report
OK @Dr Rock, - "If the Ski Demons don't get you the Apres Aliens will" - It shall be. Let me get on the case to day.
snow conditions
Good choice !
ski holidays
@essex, Sorry , you'll have to write it yourself - your shirt has shipped. @Dr Rock, Et tu.
latest report
Skiing With Demons - now a Best Seller in France too! - "Merci beaucoup mes amis"

http://www.amazon.fr/Skiing-Demons-Morzine-Chalet-Project/dp/1909644668/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449779568&sr=8-1&keywords=skiing&tag=amz07b-21

IF anyone wants to be the 1st to review it on Amazon.fr - please be my guest. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Hi Chris, you've written a really enjoyable book. Very rare that someone is willing to hold a mirror to himself and describe everything he sees, not just the good bits. Well done.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Invictuszell, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks @Invictuszell, glad you enjoyed it. I'm currently trying to stop my mother from reading it ( I've hidden her reading glasses) , although my ex-mother-in-law thinks it's great.

A review on amazon.com (as aposs to amason.co.uk) would be really appricated .

http://www.amazon.com/Skiing-Demons-Morzine-Chalet-Project/dp/1909644668/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450964511&sr=8-1&tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
I did it, with pleasure. Happy Christmas.
snow conditions
@Invictuszell, Cheers. Would love to ski Zell, the SCGB might send me there next season. We're still allowed to lead in Austria Twisted Evil
snow report
This book reminded me of the old adage that a bad day on the mountain beats a good day in the office.
latest report
...must remember to buy this for my next trips reading!

Reckon it'll get to me before next Friday?
ski holidays
Feck it, it's ordered now! Fingers crossed! Toofy Grin
snow report
sure it will, enjoy - I think my wife did...still feeding me! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Met up with friends last week and exchanged belated Christmas presents. One of mine was the book, I'm saving it for holiday.
snow report
@letsgetpiste, Hope the book turned up in time ?
I've been away and left Dr Debs in charge of book dispatching.

I was in Laax (I had to look it up too) Leading a "SCGB - Peak Experience" holidays for the over 50ies.
- nice to be the youngest skier in a group again and great to go on an actual skiing holiday even if I was kinda working.

My 1st gig as a Ski Club Leader produced lots of material for SWD sequel!

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Thanks for the book and inscription, was saving it for our half term trip but thought I would have a peek at the first page...ended up on p94! Mrs H51 will have it for our trip.
Great page turner and embarrass (coz I laugh out loud) book.
Loving it and looking forward to the sequel, hope it's under way!⛷
latest report
skiingwithdemons wrote:
@letsgetpiste, Hope the book turned up in time ?
I've been away and left Dr Debs in charge of book dispatching.

The book arrived this morning with plenty of time to spare before my trip on Saturday! Looking forward to it snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy