Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pacific Northwest 2015-16

Poster: A snowHead
We're off - Whistler and Baker looking decent, and limited skiing at Crystal and soon Mission Ridge. No big storms in the immediate forecast but at least it's looking cold.Slightly further afield things are looking very promising at Revelstoke, Kicking Horse and Lake Louise. El Nino pushing those storms north? We'll see how things develop, I guess.

Some pics and report from Mt Baker last Friday:

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/day-1-2016-at-mt-baker/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gortonator Welcome to winter! Headed to Bend tomorrow. Hopefully they open more of Bachelor than the beginner chairs! Skied Crystal last Saturday. They started spinning the gondola about 30 minutes early! Cool 5 inches of creamy powder on top of a firm base. Just Green Valley running. Didn't get crowded until about 11AM, which is when I called it a day. Unfortunately lower half at Crystal still needs at least 24" to even think about opening. Don't think this storm blowing through now is going to quite do the trick. Enjoy Whistler, and stay safe.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A foot of snow in the driveway when I pulled into Bend last night. Bachelor closed today to get things ready for a Friday opening. Should be some decent pockets of powder to be found.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
how was it? Whistler was pretty good, top-to-bottom by Saturday on Whistler although mostly groomers. Good early season fun Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
High winds blew most of the "blower" pow away. Still found some nice pockets of untracked freshies in and near the trees. Very cold too, so the snow was nice and soft.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied Crystal on Wednesday Dec. 2nd. Forecast had called for 4"-8" but only got about 4". Still I decided to burn a personal day and ended up having a nice time. Basically no crowds, loaded up on first gondy, and had fresh tracks for first 5-6 runs before I was forced to start crossing tracks, ugh! Oh well, it was still a mellow day and good vibes to be in the mtns and ski some freshies. They need another foot up top minimum, and honestly to really get the mtn skiing well, at least 30" to cover the lower slopes.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
forecast is looking more promising if it just stays cold enough. We'll head to Mission for weekend, where moderate snowfall and cold temos are forecast. Fingers crossed!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have the season pass for Crystal, so I'll be hanging around there most weekends. As long as the freezing levels stay stable it could be a very good weekend!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No pics today. 17" of new in Green Valley. Snowed up top off and on with a bit of a cold front blowing through around 11A. Storm skiing. Was a bit heavy to say the least. That good old Cascade Cement. They spun up Chair 6 at around 11:15AM. Only Powder Bowl. High Campbell Basin was a bit to reactive for Patrol's liking. A bit of wind slab in places. Very crowded as would be expected with first real weekend POW day. My legs were worked by Noon. Good training for the season though! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weekend was excellent at Mission Ridge. Over a foot of freshies and no cement - just wind crust in places on Sunday. If this Pineapple Express doesn't do too much damage over there in next 24 hours, it could be pretty promising by next weekend.

Pics and report at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/powder-weekend-at-mission-ridge/
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like it will be a good weekend if you can get to the slopes.

http://crystalmountainresort.com/

http://www.mtbaker.us/snow-report/

http://www.mtbachelor.com/conditions-report/

And White Pass conditions are looking epic.

http://www.skiwhitepass.com/conditions/current.shtml

https://www.stevenspass.com/site/mountain/reports/snow-and-weather-report/@@snow-and-weather-report

Most areas reporting at least 18 CM up to 40 CM. And about the same amount forecast to fall between now and Sunday morning. And of course you all can thank me as I won't be skiing this weekend. Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're off to Mission. looking good there too. No one going to White Pass at the moment as the road is closed due to landslides, and the ski hill has no power!

Thx Todd Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This was Mission last weekend - fabulous skiing that has only got better.

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/more-pow-and-the-curse-at-mission-ridge/

Think we're heading up to Stevens tomorrow. The skiing in the PNW is rather fine right - not as expected on an evil El Nino year. Keep fingers crossed and keep drinking Ullr!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some pics and report from last two days at Snoqualmie Pass in Washington - they've had several feet of snow and more is dumping as I type. It's not forecast to slow down until late Xmas Eve.

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/snoqualmie-pass-pillow-riding/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Back to my home mtn. (Crystal) for a day in the...clouds? Confused Viz sucked to put it bluntly. There was about an inch of fresh on packed powder. It was soft but hard to see what you were skiing most of the morning. Decided to go for a hike and a tour, and the sun made a brief appearance. Just long enough for me to get some fresh tracks and avoid chunks of avy debris. Off to Bend and Bachelor mtn for some skiing for New Years. Looks to be at least a few days if not more of clearing and colder temps coming.

Sun came out long enough for some nice creamy turns in one of my favorite playgrounds. Very Happy

snow report
I'm heading out on the 16th, fancy showing us around @Toadman?

Doing a road trip, taking in crystal, Stevens, alpental, mission and maybe baker.

Very Happy
snow conditions
sparkzter wrote:

Doing a road trip, taking in crystal, Stevens, alpental, mission and maybe baker.

Very Happy

Not sure if I will be around that date range. But if I am I could show you a bit of Crystal.
snow report
Toadman wrote:
sparkzter wrote:

Very Happy

Not sure if I will be around that date range. But if I am I could show you a bit of Crystal.

That would be great, I'll post on here nearer the time and see if you are about!
snow report
Toadman wrote:
sparkzter wrote:

Very Happy

I can join in too depending on dates Smile
snow conditions
Storm cycle has abated here in PNW. Looks like cold and clear conditions for next week, which is fine given teh excellent base everywhere. We're off to Mission Ridge for New Year, but here's some pics and report from Crystal at Xmas, at the end of the major storms. it was pretty awesome ...

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/12/30/powdery-xmas-presents-at-crystal/
ski holidays
The weather has remained pretty calm in the PNW over the last 10 days or so. We skied Mission Ridge over NY and last weekend. There's been a few top ups of snow everywhere but nothing major around Seattle. Luckily it's been darn cold so the snow has remained in excellent condition, especially as Mission gets such low volume usage when compared to the west side Cascade ski hills.

A small storm or two coming in midweek, so that will hopefully freshen everywhere up. There's a lot of snow on the ground Wink

Pics and quick report at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/welcoming-2016-at-mission-ridge/
snow report
Dumping again in the Cascades. 15" reported at Crystal. A bit warm when the lifts started spinning. Cooled off as the day progressed. Forecast is for about a meter of snow over the 7 day period. They were getting an inch an hour, so by the time I left I was skiing in 20" of powder! wink

Won't be able to make it up on Saturday due to family commitments but hoping that I can get some badly needed maintenance completed on my vehicle to head back up ASAP!
ski holidays
This storm really grew from nowhere. hard to take, I'm sure Smile
latest report
Kinda PNW - we skied Sun Peak in BC last weekend. Conditions were very fine indeed. This El Nino stuff is making it almost warm up there (for Sun Peaks in January anyway). It's all still falling as snow, and we got top ups through the 5 days. A fine little (well, not so little) ski hill

Pics/report at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/01/22/shredding-sun-peaks-for-mlk-weekend/
ski holidays
We survived a short El Nino blast here in PNW last week. Luckily the east side of the Cascades received little rain and then more snow. It was firm under the pow, but still skied well all weekend. Another bit of snow and all should consolidate nicely - the forecast is promising Wink Pics at

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/late-january-at-mission-ridge/
snow conditions
Another El Nino blast coming to an end here in PNW. Lasted best part of a week with warm temps in mountains and lots of rain. It seems to be coming to and end and forecast for next 5 days looking a bit more like winter.

Here's some pics/report from 49 Degrees North in WA, just before the warmup. A little known gem that is about to undergo some modest development. If you ever find yourself lost around Spokane with your skis/boards in tow, it's highly recommended.

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/02/18/49-degrees-north-change-is-afoot-in-the-independent-republic/
snow report
gortonator Wondering where you've been about the past few weeks. I'll be at Crystal on Saturday just in case you might be interested in heading that way. Although from the forecast it looks like Baker and the Mt Hood ski areas are in line to win the prize for most snow fall forecast from this up coming storm. Have made out like a bandit the past 3 weeks with powder chasing! Very Happy
snow report
Superb day at Crystal today. Very crowded but the lift line wait for Chair 6 was worth it. Got some nice runs in Silver Basin when they dropped the ropes. Some sloughing as things warmed up a bit. But nothing serious. The snow was nice, medium density. Perfect for ripping it up.

Even though there was some leftover tracks from the day before, it was still very deep. About 22" the past few days.

I guess this is what they mean by "Bluebird".

I skied the line that ended up sloughing. But it was really good coming down.

All and all a very good day in the mountains.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Random sample of PNW ski area snow fall totals '15/'16 season to date

Alyeska, AK - 1533cm
Whistler Blackcomb, BC - 853cm
Big White, BC - 752cm
Crystal Mtn, WA - 993CM
Mt Hood Meadows, OR - 888CM
Schweitzer Mtn, ID - 575CM
Mount Bachelor - OR 920CM
ski holidays
It's been a rollercoaster El Nino ride in the PNW last two weeks. Plenty of rain, plenty of snow, and luckily we managed to avoid most of the former and snag a little of the latter.

Scoop was a beautiful sunny cool Friday at Snoqualmie Pass. We headed over to Alpental for the first time, and it is a killer little ski hill. The terrain off the (incredibly slow) top double chair is pretty epic indeed. Highly recommended on a weekday. They actually night ski off the lower quad which I didn't realize. In good conditions that would be worth a trip for us.

Plenty of pics at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/late-february-battles-with-el-nino-in-the-cascades/

Schweitzer this weekend. El Nino is still around so it won't be cold Sad

Toadman - def at Crystal weekend of March 25-27. Aussie friends (not Stevo!) so staying up there to hit the Elk Smile
snow report
Was up in Alaska visiting family end of February. It's been warm up in Alaska, so not a lot of snow. Although Alyeska has managed to some how squeeze out over 630" of snow this season. Only did one day of skiing, as main focus was to hang with family. Fur Rondy had just started so managed to catch some sled dog racing. Not a lot of snow downtown, so they had to truck in snow for the course. Still it was a good time.

It was snowing from mid mountain on up at Alyeska. About 8" of wet on top of about 20" of more wet glop. I demo'd a pair of K2 Petitors, which are 120mm underfoot. Glad I did, because it would have been real work to ski that wet stuff. The Hotel Alyeska has a nice little sport and demo shop right next to the ticket office, and the tram is a few steps away, which takes you up to just above mid mtn, and the 7 Glaciers Restaurant and the Bore Tide for snacks, drinks, and sandwiches, etc.

We saw this little fellow on the way back home. Dall Sheep in case anyone is wondering.

Mush!!!

Hoping to go back home next Fur Rondy if they get a right and proper winter. But it does look like things are going to start cooling down here in a few days. Could mean good things for more powder. Looks like some up and down on the snow levels though.
snow report
Fluctuating freezing levels in the PNW the past few weeks, with storm fronts coming in accompanied by high winds. Has made things challenging, and variable snow conditions. Still higher up, the snow has been fairly decent. Most PNW mtns are over the 1,000 cm snow fall totals so far for the season. Still 4 weeks left, if not more if crowds continue to patronize the slopes.

Managed to score first tracks at top of High Campbell.

latest report
Most Cascade areas reporting decent snowfall amounts the past 48 hours. Anywhere from 50cm-75cm. That's on top of another 30cm-45cm that has fallen late last week. Cool temps above 4,500 feet (aka 1,371 meters) have kept the snow in excellent condition.
latest report
Great set of photos.

Cool sheep.
snow report
Great day skiing at Mt Bachelor in Bend, Oregon today. Spring like conditions, and lots of sunshine. The upper mtn. had that magic hour of soft corn snow, and it was a delight to just open it up and carve. Very low crowds. Just ski up to the lift and load.

latest report
That all looks awesome!
snow conditions
Looks like some possible cooling trend this week. Some snow showers with SL at about 1,400 meters or so. Might add up to a few CM's a day going into Easter Weekend. I expect with the snow base at some areas like Crystal and Bachelor, they could continue limited mtn. ops until May.
ski holidays
Crap - we were skiing Bachelor Saturday!! Had to leave at 2pm, and was ripping the runs off Outback in the afternoon, which were pretty darn fine.

Here's some pics from a week in Big White (7-11 March). It was very excellent ..

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/03/20/badass-big-white-week-in-early-march/

We're staying up at Crystal this weekend at the Alpine Inn with some Aussie friends. If you are heading up, let me know. Jan will probably ski Friday, and all of us Sat/Sun. Fingers crossed for cool weather
latest report
@Toadman, and @gortonator,

Thought I'd let you know, my Cliff Club Condo at Snowbird is free Easter weekend, the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, checking out Monday morning.

It would be a pity to let it go empty. I would have $150 in admin costs that I would have to cover, and anything else that one felt inspired for, would obviously be appreciated, but not necessary.

In case either of you are in the position to take advantage of this.

If so, send me a PM...

I'll be in Norway looking for some vertical drop.

Heidi
snow conditions
gortonator wrote:
Crap - we were skiing Bachelor Saturday!! Had to leave at 2pm, and was ripping the runs off Outback in the afternoon, which were pretty darn fine.

Here's some pics from a week in Big White (7-11 March). It was very excellent ..

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/03/20/badass-big-white-week-in-early-march/

We're staying up at Crystal this weekend at the Alpine Inn with some Aussie friends. If you are heading up, let me know. Jan will probably ski Friday, and all of us Sat/Sun. Fingers crossed for cool weather

Sorry that we missed you. I called it a day after just a half day on the slopes. My ski partner is having knee issues, and he had to quit earlier due to knee pain. But I definitely got a goggle tan from that day in the sun. I spent most of my day hiking the summit and skiing different lines off the top.

I should be up at Crystal on Saturday to participate in the demo day that local ski/sport shops put on. $20, and all you can demo from most major ski brands. Obviously last year didn't happen because of low snow cover. Hoping they do get some snow and temps stay low.

@HeidiAmsterdamThanks for the very kind offer but staying close to home for Easter this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy