Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 15/16

Poster: A snowHead
Man that's so sweet Fergus! People in Cham are so damned hard core, ha.

Yeah vis in GM this morning... not exactly ideal. We gave up about 1130, but it looked like it cleared up a wee bit.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Clear above maybe 3000m today, so some sick skiing off the Midi, but whiteout all the way home. It's very much still winter with snow on the forecast all week. Might put off booking that ferry back across the channel...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GM was pretty awesome this morning. Fresh tracks to be had without skinning (my speciality) for the entire morning, so much awesome. Especially in April.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dunny#1, nice, you got pulled out of any more crevasse this season wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Time to say goodbye to Les Arcs and nice to be back in Cham again. There is plenty of snow and up in the high mountains and the routes we can do are still giving us fresh untracked powder!!

For those interested I shall make one final Album for this season over on the Les Arcs Winter page of my days in the Chamonix area. Here are a few of some of what we have done so far. I will add more at the end of my trip as I do not always have a good signal high in the mountains. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1021122661297533.1073741866.195692797173861&type=3

If anyone else is still around in Cham and wants to meet up for some riding, I am around all week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dabber, it's just dawned on me who this is Toofy Grin Fortunately not... yet snowHead

Today was UNREAALLLLLLLLLLLL. Less than 30 min queue for top bin at GM, and probably 30-45cm. Next level awesome, tomorrow will still be sweet if anyone gets the chaos to shred up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dunny#1, i agree, today was excellent. Are you around tomorrow? Do you fancy meeting up for some riding.I plan on being there when the lifts open!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Merde. I am missing out but compensated by sunning myself on Ipanema beach snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm in a nice hotel in Cornwall but still slightly jealous.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowcrazy, I may or may not have slept for 10 hours and have legs like jelly Toofy Grin

I shall however be around for a couple of laps at GM tomorrow morning?

@under a new name, @jbob, I have to be honest... As awesome as it was, I'm over the ski season. A beach sounds pretty spectacular for my aching bones Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skied the Combe Vierge this morning from Helbronner (8:30 bus was a shock to the system). First tracks all the way down past the Geant Icefall on almost perfect powder. Later looking across from the Midi we could see quite a few more tracks down but still lots to be done tomorrow, especially if you are prepared to do a little skin.

PM down the Petite Envers with the Grands finish. With the time (now 13:30), and different aspect, the snow was getting decidedly heavy, and of course much more tracked.

I am no expert but I suspect that there could be a bit of a breakable crust fest tomorrow. If I were not laying in bed tomorrow, I would return to Italy. Go have a look at both and report back!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Moyen Envers in the morning

Bloody freezing at the top, only 2 track in the whole route - which was preferable to none as we didn't have to labor through the flat bits Wink

Vraie Valley in the afternoon

No wind and 10c warmer at the top, gorgeous snow in the shadow of the Gros Rognon, very heavy down low. Oh and only 5 track ahead of us and half a mile wide Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Idris, snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fabulous Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice photos. For those that might be wondering. Both these routes are in the Vallee Blanche starting from the Midi station. What was the wait like for the cable car and when did you book your slots, today or earlier? Also what was the exit like. Was the snow Ok all the way to the bottom? Depending on the weather I was thinking of heading over that way in the coming days, not sure when so would you advise booking lift slots without being sure of the weather.

Spent the day over in the Grand Montets area today. Still good snow and room to put fresh tracks, but not as good as Vallee Blanche if you do not want to hike.
latest report
@HammondR, We need to ski again... two days left Toofy Grin
snow report
@Dunny#1,
Now then young man, I would love to ski with you, even if that means just watching the spray from your tails splurging into the distance. Not skiing tomorrow as my legs have had it.

Sunday is looking grim but with up to a foot of fresh snow from the night before. Could meet up for a ski through the trees.

However, if you can manage to ski Monday morning there should be beaucoup de fresh tracks down all Valley Blanche options. Only the grizzly types will be down there in bad viz on Sunday. Monday morning will be perfect.

@snowcrazy,
If you are around Monday am, bring those ginormous skis!
snow report
@HammondR, Ah, I've learned to control the speed a little more now Very Happy

Sounds good to me, I'm also taking today off and forgot the Midi is still open on Monday - assuming I can rent a harness from Concept, sounds good snowHead
latest report
Well, it's officially snowing like buggery outside right now with a covering begining on the car and the house roofs of Les Pelerins.

I will be glad when it is warm enough to give up and go home.
snow report
There's been far too many "I'll be glad when it's over" type of comments on SH recently. If I was still living in the Alps over the winter I'd be totally thrilled with the current great conditions!
snow report
Winter ain't over - the CmB tried to say it was over by running the Midi once at 9ish then only again at 11.15

The Rond was tracked, only a handful but the cosmiques was virgin

A bit of a scare on the abseil in with sluff dragging me off my feet and some crunchy bits hiding in the pow, but it was knee to thigh deep

Even the Para face was good, but getting heavy by this point.

Skied or rather slid all the way out to the trail head at the old mid station! Not bad for the day after the official end of ski season!
snow conditions
@Idris, you started this thread, looks like you are going to finish it too. Nice one.
snow report
Tried for Mt Blanc on Friday. Got as far as the Vallot Hut but it was windy and bloody freezing so we turned round.

Closing party at GM on Sunday was an outright powder day! With added pond-skim madness!

Anyway, now I'm back in the UK and utterly depressed! Think I've had more fun than I even thought possible this past winter - what an absolute banger!

Santé!!!
snow report
Been snowing/raining on and off for a few, it cleared last night - the suicide squad dropped the Rond form first bin and surprisingly it didn't rip.

A few friends were back in town for the first time this season so we went for a mellow one

Not bad skiing?

Mellow but nice

Famous skier meets Famous Skier - Anslem Baud and Glen Plake

had to pay a price, mandatory ladders

and traverse Wink
latest report
@Idris, two of my all time heroes.
The traverse looks a touch sketchy.
snow report
Still getting fresh here in Cham

No one arround

Not much walking either

ski holidays
Still skiing, ok this was 2 days ago

[video]https://video-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/13311320_1038063256275317_63702581_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&rl=300&vabr=152&oh=021a84d5dbeba02fac70f57ece9a9789&oe=5747832B[/video]
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy