Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know what sort of snow conditions I can expect?

Never been to Val D'Isere or that late in the season so am totally clueless.

Thinking of heading out there on 15th April. Didn't look too bad last year, but I dont know if that is an anomaly.
Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have been there mid April 2005 and mid April 2004. Both times there was masses of snow, the pistes were good and so was the off piste. 2004 was warm and sunny, masses of crocusses were flowering in the valley floor. Marmottes were visible in several places. 2005 was more varied, at the start of the week it seemed spring like as a few crocusses were in flower and a few marmottes on the sunny faces between Val and Fornet. Then it snowed almost continuously for two days. We had 40cm of new powder on piste for two days.

Conditions at that time of year are variable year to year, but Val d'Isere has a very good record for late season sking. It often snows into May. Several times there have been reports of fresh powder for the last day the resort is open.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave J, I've skied Val d'Isere in May, late season skiing in the Haute Tarentaise is usually good, I'm always in La Rosiere for the last week of the season, last week in April and apart from 1 or 2 of the lower runs that alway close first conditions are invariably good. Long sunny days and relaxing skiing often with a late snowfall.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
at last year's EOSB (last week of april) we went up to Tignes one day, and Ise and a few others spent several days up at the Espace Killy. You can probably see some pics over on snowmediazone. conditions were rather good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was at Val for Easter and with the reamins of the EOSB on May 2nd. Easter was rather warm and slushy on the whole, but still with good skiing. The snow was better in May! The area on top of Solaise was excellent at Easter, as were the glaciers. Go for it, but be prepared to take the bubble down unles you like slush.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mmmm - Slush Smile

Thanks all. Sounds pretty good so on the basis of that I will book something Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy