Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix occasional picnickers 2016

Poster: A snowHead
@JustBen81, there will be a few regulars about at that time, just pop back here when you arrive to arrange to meet up.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Due to the lack of snow I've been drinking every night (and day!) since i arrived on Sunday. 6am finish this morning, and i may have dragged poor @Dunny#1 round a few bars too as a welcome to Chamonix - hope he's still alive?!

The snow needs to arrive so i can start to dry out...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@fixx, the pic BobinCH posted on the Chamonix snow conditions thread is the best visual proof I've seen so far of this 'lack of snow' everyone has been going on about.

I'm packing at the moment, reckon I'm going to pack my swimming costume so that I can at least do something active if conditions remain this dire.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@fixx, somewhat alive is the appropriate statement Shocked Welcome to the life of a ski bum Laughing Laughing

Looks like lots forecast over the coming week or so, if even 1/4 of it arrived it'd be a darn site better than it is now - but I did read someone said GM had 10cm yesterday.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dunny#1, ahh, you've been fixxed wink Toofy Grin
After a night out with her a couple of seasons ago, I woke up in the morning with a broken nose and no idea how I broke it Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Light weights.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jbob, Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

There'll be no time for drinking..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Guys! Looking forward to catching up when I get there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Zero_G, you can say that again Toofy Grin

What?! Okay, it sounds like I got off pretty lightly then! At least it didn't hamper your skiing wink

@jbob Yep, massive lightweight. But, four months to fix that... Embarassed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any thoughts for the meet up on Thursday at the Jykell. The weather is due to be high wind and heavy snow that day so anytime will work. If we met early could we get a table again that worked well.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good table and food would be well received by me - had the steak a few days ago, very tasty and excellent value.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We could book our usual high table to ensure a good seat.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Zero_G, I'm not sure how to do that with the new owners though... worth asking anyway!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Will find out when we go for the AA talk tomorrow evening.
latest report
Hey guys. I arrived yesterday - here for the season.

No one I know is in town until next week, so have plenty of free time! If anyone feels like meeting up for a beer or three, send me a PM!
snow report
@JohnM, come down on Thursday to the Jekyll - I think a bunch of SHers are going Very Happy I'm around allllll season.
snow conditions
Ahhh I have an early(ish) drive planned on Friday AM, so I might have to avoid that! Tomorrow or tues/weds good though if anyone drinks more than once a week Laughing
snow report
@JohnM, just pop in and say hello, I'm not going barmy,, but I do fancy the sound of a steak!
@Zero_G, let me know the time. AA should be interesting tomorrow. I have a slot for the monday after if anyone wants it.
ski holidays
@jbob,
Any indication of time yet?

Only asking because we are expecting to arrive in Chamonix early evening on the 7th - we set off from t'north on the 6th sometime am. The lack of snow delayed our departure by a day or two.

It would be ideal to unpack the car and call over and perhaps have some grub.

Looking forward to it.
ski holidays
@HammondR, zero is booking tonight. If some are eating I guess a little later. The forecast is f poor for Thursday safe journey.
snow report
@Zero_G, Never mind catch you some other time! Hope you have a good couple of weeks!
ski holidays
For those heading to the Jekyll this evening for the AA talk, fixx and I will be there from 6pm.

How does 6pm sound for Thursday's meet up? I'll be staying on for dinner too.
snow report
@Zero_G, 6 is fine for me and I'll be dining I think. Rich might like a little later maybe. Did you ski today. I've just arrived looks dark and white.
ski holidays
I will be there pretty poor today being positive about it !! In munsters at moment happy hour 4-7 beer 2 for 1 best I have found so far
ski holidays
@Zero_G,
6:00 pm gives a man something to aim at. Will try get there between 6:00 and 7:00. Hope I'm not too pongy after a couple of days in the car.
snow report
Unusually, it may be that I might be in Chamonix on Thursday evening...

TBC
ski holidays
Ok folks, I've booked a table for eight people at 6pm. The reservation is under my real name. For those who are meeting us for the first time, it's the high table to the right of the bar.

Confirmed so far:
Zero G
fixx
jbob
HammondR and the missus
Dunny#1
Wallski
JohnM
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, let me know on Thursday if you and Mrs unambiguous will be joining so that I can update the reservation.
snow report
@Zero_G, thanks that's great. Already looking forward to my steak.
snow conditions
Laughing autocorrect changed uanm to unambiguous. I think I'll just leave it there...
ski holidays
@Zero_G,
Well, that's ambiguous.
snow conditions
I don't know, I thought it was very clear wink
latest report
@Zero_G, ah, I'll just be dropping in for a swift half - so don't worry about food reservation for me thanks.

As I've only met jbob and only sort of briefly I shall be looking out for the high table...
latest report
@under a new name, it's not food I'm reserving, just seating.
ski holidays
@Zero_G, sorry to be a pain, Mrs Jbob is coming can we get another place.
ski holidays
@Zero_G, ah. Best add me in then!
ski holidays
I think the big table seats 10+ anyway, should be fine Smile
ski holidays
The table is big enough for more people, so no probs.
snow conditions
I was in the Jekyll last night at six, it was empty. Had a good day yesterday at LH, only just got dressed to dig out the car today! See you later.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy