Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2015/16 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
boabski wrote:
@honved,nice pic. thought that downhill race was amazing - should be on the circuit every year. roll on 30/1 when I head off to Hinterglemm Very Happy

We were there the week before when they were setting out the course and then training for the race day at the weekend. It was the first downhill course that I'd seen actually laid out so that you could ski down the side of much of it and get an appreciation of how fast they are going. Fast. Very fast. Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@deadkenny, I don't remember a season when it's been like that in February. The worse season in living memory for snow drought (not just in Saalbach but generally in the north-eastern Alps) was the one before last, and, although there were periods when the off-piste areas were bare of snow, the pistes were adequately covered throughout the season, between early December and late April - in fact people were being ferried in from surrounding resorts that had no snow.

Every season is of course as different and individual, as it is unpredictable; last season the snow arrived much later than usual - on Christmas Day - but it was a good season from the point of view of the regularity of snowfalls and the generally cold air temperatures. Early snow is not necessarily predictive of a good season, and of course the converse is also true.

On the positive side (for all those snow-worriers), I'm glad to say that, since we bought our apartments in Saalbach in 2007/8, there hasn't been a season in which (a) we couldn't ski to our hearts' content during the week before Christmas (apart from last season, when we were restricted to artificial snow before Christmas), (b) in which we couldn't ski down to the village from the south-facing Kohlmais and Bernkogel side right up until the penultimate week of the season in April (the other side of the valley is kept open a week longer, (c) in which the pistes haven't been adequately covered until the very end of the season in mid-April, (d) in which 90% of the pistes haven't been adequately covered throughout the whole season between Christmas and early April.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tatman's Tours I hope you have hand wrapped around some wood...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@red 27, Fingers crossed, as always! wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Reading this thread is getting me well excited! Big group of lads of various abilities, apres is as big a part of the trip as skiing! (more than for a few!!) First time for all of us after a few years of mayrhofen.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
just had a look at the webcam its turning white lets hope not a false dawn
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

First time for all of us after a few years of mayrhofen.

A well-trodden path!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
im presuming that tatman( never met the man ) got his accomodation almost fully booked by now if not get in quick cos the amount of pro saalbach posts on here
suggests that the town will be full , the thing is alot of folks go a la francais/ italiano ,they do not know what they are missing .been there done it now a tad older but still a player how I wish id found saalbach 10/15/20years ago the whole hols are better in austria ie the skiing the accom the craic the welcome the service and imo saalbach is the no 1 just one thing can you avoid going 14 jan or 1st week march
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Erm, going 27 Feb till 5th Mar! Cannot wait! Even treated myself to new boots. I'm presuming you say avoid these dates as its going to be busy? From what I've read so far I think we may be spending a 'little time' in the hinterhag alm! Flying to Munich and travelling via private mini coach. Not sure of transfer time on a Saturday? Land at 10.05 am (I think), was hoping to get a late run in when the passes kick in at teatime.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Whitty, With a bit of luck you might make it from landing at 10.05 to arriving in Saalbach by about 14.30, depending on speed through the airport, weather and traffic. Your lift pass kicks in at 15.00 on Saturday, so you could get an hour in before the lifts close and you head to Hinterhag for apres or Bobby's for beer and rugby - see earlier posts.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 21-11-15 22:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ski for fun, As you mention it (I wouldn't dream of broaching it otherwise Little Angel ), we're about two-thirds full - still a few weeks available in mid/late Jan, late Feb and mid-March. As for the rest of your comments, shhhhhhhh! Don't tell everyone! wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@quinton, Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Whitty, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you my guide, which you may find of some use.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks very much. I've tried to pm you but apparently I've been stopped by admin from sending messages. Don't know why but I also can't send admin a message either to ask why!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Whitty, we are also going the same dates as you. Will be our first trip to Saalbach having done less known French/Italian border destinations close-ish to Turin in recent years.
We are flying into Salzburg and I'm pretty sure we'll go down the taxi route to ensure prompt arrival and first day skiing.
Providing Hansis schnapps doesn't knock me out!
snow conditions
@Whitty, No problem, just contact me via my website (above)
latest report
I've only been to andorra a few times but in recent years Austria every time. Love the apres, cheesy singalongs.
snow report
I see from the webcams on bergfex that the snow cannons are in action down at village level in hinterglemm.

http://www.bergfex.com/saalbach-hinterglemm-leogang/webcams/c734/
snow conditions
@ribblevalleyblue, An Austrian Facebook friend, who lives in Saalbach, posted yesterday that the snow cannons are going full pelt, as they no doubt will be all week (as it's due to remain in minus temperatures). It's their equivalent of making hay while the sun shines. See also the live stream cam on saalbach.com

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 22-11-15 20:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Tatman's Tours, great to hear, happy days
latest report
Tatman's Tours wrote:

Sent, I think! Cheers
ski holidays
Whitty wrote:
I've only been to andorra a few times but in recent years Austria every time. Love the apres, cheesy singalongs.

I'm word-perfect on the chorus to the Eisbaeren song and working on Cowboys und Indianer... What? You meant Take Me Home Country Roads and Sweet Caroline? Very Happy
ski holidays
@honved, away then put the words for them both up cos im sure whatever ive been humming aint what its meant to be and i will neve get the actions right for the indians
snow report
We're bringing a family member to Saalbach - first time in Austria. To lessen the shock and ease him into it, I've already given him an introduction (via YouTube) to the Hinterhag and the collected works of Dj Ötzi - e.g. Anton aus Tirol, Hey baby (Ooh, ah), Sieben Sünden.
Here's the great man himself to get you in the mood -
http://youtube.com/v/2qZUBV_ZcUQ
snow conditions
ski for fun wrote:
@honved, away then put the words for them both up cos im sure whatever ive been humming aint what its meant to be and i will neve get the actions right for the indians

YouTube is your friend...

Hey, wir wollen die Eisbaeren sehen

Cowboys und Indianer

Very Happy
latest report
Tatman's Tours wrote:
We're bringing a family member to Saalbach

I can just see the Hinterhagalm "Ich bin so schön, ich bin so toll, ich bin Tatman aus Tirol..." Very Happy
snow report
@honved, "....aus Salzburgerland" just doesn't have the same ring to it! Smile
snow report
Good news for the snow-worriers: Saalbach is getting its ski season off to an early start - posted this morning,
"EARLY START!
The Bernkogel looks so inviting today! Time to start the skiing season earlier: This weekend (Nov. 28th/29th) lifts on the Bernkogel, Zwölferkogel and Asitz will be operating. Be the first on the piste and check out the November snow!"

Looks very promising for pre-Christmas skiing, with a prospect of perfectly-groomed, relatively deserted pistes!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
honved wrote:
Whitty wrote:

I'm word-perfect on the chorus to the Eisbaeren song and working on Cowboys und Indianer... What? You meant Take Me Home Country Roads and Sweet Caroline? Very Happy

All of the above 😀
We just bluff/lip sync the bits we don't know. Got all the moves to Cowboys and Indian in the locker too!
ski holidays
Indianer! Sorry, still practicing 😂
snow report
Tatman's Tours wrote:

Info received. Thank you very much.
snow report
Whitty wrote:
Got all the moves to Cowboys and Indian in the locker too!

Ahhhh but do you know what they actually mean??

We learned the Schwim Schwim one (Fliegerlied - So a schöner Tag) this year, with help from DJ Boris in Ischgl - the Angry Birds (sans moi) will be giving it some in the Hinterhag in January!

http://youtube.com/v/QH5FMSNGG48
snow conditions
@HoneyBunny, I've just watched a video of you and assorted angry birds, dancing on skis to Gangnam Style in the middle of the piste outside the Alte Schmiede. I'd post it on YouTube if I were not slightly embarrassed about my puerile commentary. I may however put it on Chalet Tatman Facebook page. When I have some time I'll see if I can find any footage of you lot doing Fliegerlied.
ski holidays
Too late, you've already done it!!

http://youtube.com/v/aEpEOQ6LElA
snow report
@HoneyBunny, Oops, dementia setting in again! Sad
ski holidays
ah yes the famous angry birds Laughing
ski holidays
[quote="HoneyBunny"]
Whitty wrote:
Got all the moves to Cowboys and Indian in the locker too!

Ahhhh but do you know what they actually mean??

Err, no! My mates picked up an alternative to one of the moves towards the end of the chorus from ischgl. Don't know what context that is taken but it has had some 'telling offs' and finger wagging from the ladies nearby so I dread to think 😰
latest report
Whitty wrote:

Err, no! My mates picked up an alternative to one of the moves towards the end of the chorus from ischgl. Don't know what context that is taken but it has had some 'telling offs' and finger wagging from the ladies nearby so I dread to think 😰

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/cowboy-und-indianer-cowboy-and-indians.html

This should help.. it's this bit that suddenly makes sense with the actions:

Quote:
Have you surrounded me, I'll surrend myself, put me on the stake

And it's this bit - where the rude people like our rude group do the um ... you know .. action

Quote:
Come, take out the lasso, like the first time
snow conditions
Here's a tutorial ( http://www.oktoberfest-songs.com/cowboy-und-indianer-lyrics.html- ) and the website appears to have all or most of the others too - English lyrics, as well as dance moves. And the obscene moves accompanying the words, "so wie beim ersten Mal", at the end of the chorus seem to be authentic, so the finger-wagging prudes can be politely told where to get off.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 24-11-15 19:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
At least its not just us then 😄
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy