Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2015/2016 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
@nobrainbcn, les carroz has wifi around the village, you can buy a pass for it on line / tourist office, but it does not get everywhere. However i have never used it as we have our own, (but its rubbish slow) and I have been tempted sometimes.............
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nobrainbcn, Within Flaine it really doesn't make too much difference where you are. If you're in the Forum area you can easily get up to Foret using any one of three lifts. But the main lifts go up from either Forum or lower than the Forum area, so you can ski down from Foret before going up if that makes sense!

I don't agree about Morillon. As well as the slow Lanche lift, although it's a bit further, you can ski into Les Carroz very easily and from there 'up to the top' and into Flaine. My suggestion of Morillon 1100 was simply that I think the accommodation is a bit cheaper there. I'm completely biased towards Les Carroz as that is where our place is, but suspect you will pay more in Les Carroz.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nobrainbcn, Yes, that and other agencies as linked to on flaine.com. Wi-Fi may indeed be a problem, you may have to go to a bar which is no good for working I guess Toofy Grin I used to think Foret was better but the lift system changed and from Forum you can walk to the cable car (DMC I mean) to get to the top although a decent skier can soon get down from Foret via a short but steepish red. It's fairly easy to move around Flaine as there are free passenger lifts between Forum and Foret levels. The place is a tad soul-less but it's quite compact with much accommodation being in walking distance of a lift.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks to be quite a lot of lifts and runs shut around the place. Is that down to lack of snow?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mosha Marc, very little closed other than Gers (off piste), a few of the kids parks type runs and the lower runs back to Morillon village, Vercland, etc. Where are you seeing that lots are closed?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
On the Les Carroz resort interactive lift map.

In fairness, it was mainly the Gers area I was looking at Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mosha Marc, this is usually the most reliable:
http://winter.grand-massif.com/lift/station/flaine

then just click on the logo for each place
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mosha Marc, It often takes them a while to open gers after snowfall due to the avi risk, it is usually at least a day to make it secure and then it always seems to open later than all the other lifts, i.e 10am etc. Asking a pisteur what is happening is usually the best way to find out, as sometimes it will be shut for days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hi all, how is it looking out there. If anyone can comment on the conditions it would be greatly appreciated. I am bringing a group of 15 out next Thursday and keen to get a feel for current conditions and the forecast.
Cheers
Ski six
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I will be there at lunchtime tomorrow for a week and will post daily updates hopefully.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oops that should be today. Better get to bed early start in the morn.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flaine conditions this morning - excellent on piste, good depth, lovely quality top to bottom, almost all pistes open, I didn't go off-piste today but it looked good. Below 1600m in Massif area, the snow quality not quite as good after recent rain/sleet, but generally there is good coverage, lower runs around Morillon 1100m have been thin most of season and snow quality variable.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers for the info Very Happy Very Happy snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Conditions same again today, had some excellent piste skiing. Not too busy either, probably because its "Change-over Day"
snow report
Great first day today as skier52 says once you get below snowline it's manmade snow so like sugar on ice. Skied Le carroz in morning once you get below Gron it's not nice. Samoen for afternoon much better great snow from top to chariande express so did laps around there. Sunshine today but warm in valley colder up top chilly wind on the lanche chair and Gentianes too freeze the face off ya.
snow report
So.....according to snow forecast....haha.... Over a metre of snow forecast for Wednesday/Thursday. If that actually materialised what would it mean for the resort?
snow report
If Rain/Snow limit below 700m, everywhere would be superb.
ski holidays
any recommendations for a ski school for a nervous 2 / 3 week female skier in Flaine.
snow report
@skidoo, yes, definitely. Lynne Stainbrook, who is American and very good with nervous skiers (I know, I was one!). He is a one man band, private or your own group only, all about teaching control and technique. I found that once I felt in control and understood WHY things happen the nerves went away. www.flaineskiclinic.com
ski holidays
Another great day. Skied Flaine today great snow everywhere. On piste excellent cover and quality. Sunshine in morning but clouded over and flat light later but I wouldn't worry for anyone coming out to Flaine or Samoen it'll be perfect . For beginners not great down low. Plenty of cover but it's manmade so not great.
latest report
@skidoo, what @sj1608 said is 100% true.
Lynne is your man (not obvious with that name), nobody better for a nerevous skier...nobody.
snow report
Apologies if this has been covered but couldn't (easily) find the answer.

We have 6.5 ski days planned for Flaine in March. I wanted to know the best value ski pass for three adults.

The Flaine pass doesn't seem applicable as it only offers up to 3 days; or points based usage. You are also limited to the Flaine ski runs. A one day Flaine pass costs €39.50 which is the same day rate as the Massif week passes.

It then leaves a choice between the Massif and Grand Massif passes. If we wanted to do a day in the Grand Massif it would cost us €45.50.

Based on experience – any advise on the best choice? Or just suck it up and pay for the 6 or 7 day Grand Massif pass?

Thanks in advance!
snow report
Whiteout today in Massif area. Flaine looked better on the cams but weren't gonna chance going and having to get there and back in almost zero visibility. Snowing fine stuff from about 4 o clock in Morillon 1100. Sticking when we left.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 2-03-16 16:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Thick fog in whole Grand Massif area today below 2050m. Arrived out of fog near top of Tete des Saix, went to Flaine and skiing above 2000m was excellent on piste with sun shining all morning. The ski back to Les Carroz was mainly in thick fog, not much fun but the skiing at top of Flaine made it worth the effort. Lots of snow now forecast for the next week, will it all materialise?
snow conditions
Hi, How are conditions out there today - any thoughts on the upcoming snow from the locals?
ski holidays
@ski six, arrived in Les Carroz about an hour ago, should be able to give you an update tomorrow.
snow conditions
Brilliant, thank you!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looking forward to updates this week.
we are heading to les carroz on Saturday Very Happy
snow conditions
It snowed a couple of cm overnight at village level, sky looks really grey and heavy. We can see Timalets from our apartment and for the first time when we've been here this season it's properly white!
ski holidays
A complete mix of weather today. Just as we got out the telecabine the sun came out for about 2 minutes, skied down to Gron lift, where it was raining, as we came up Gron it turned to heavy snow, the first time we have seen snow falling this season, although this is our 5th week! The snow continued as we skied down Marmottes, and then back to rain at Molliets lift. After that it was sometimes rain, sometimes snow even higher up and plenty of wind, with the odd tiny bit of sunshine. The links to Flaine were closed. Skied down into Morillon 1100 where it was raining heavily, although there had clearly been snow earlier, after which we skied through cloud and some snow on the way back. As we were soaked, we called it a day at 2pm, when it was raining in the village. Rain has stopped and for a while it was clear, but the cloud is back swirling around and it's really dark.

Let's just hope the temperatures drop and the precipitation continues, as forecast.
snow conditions
3.30pm in Les Carroz at 1200m - the lashing rain has just turned to snow and its sticking, looking forward to tomorrow morning!
ski holidays
3.30pm in Les Carroz at 1200m - the lashing rain has just turned to snow and its sticking, looking forward to tomorrow morning!
latest report
@skier52, you beat me to it! I just looked up and realised that it was now snow not rain. Very windy, so guess it would be pretty unpleasant higher up now.
snow conditions
As previous poster said mixed rain/snow today. Skied around Les Carroz today. All very nice had a panini in Le Fionne highly recommended they've renovated and updated the place and it's even nicer than it was. It's off Timalets run 2nd on right just by the drag lift. Below Biollaires chair on Sairon was rain. In Morillon village poured rain all night last night and most of the day. Pouring down now and blowing a gale in the village. It is falling as snow higher up. Good skiers will have an amazing week next week beginners on Morillon side not so much. Plenty to ski on but its manmade snow so return to 1100 not so nice down low.
latest report
@snowmam, L'Anfionne.
ski holidays
@ian999 hello pedantica
snow conditions
Rain has just turned to snow in Morillon village. 17.30pm
ski holidays
@snowmam, that's really good news, should ensure that all the slopes are getting a top up, even at low level. It's eased off a bit in Les Carroz, but still snowing steadily and looking very pretty in the village.
snow report
Note to snowmam - L'Anfione is not by a draglift, it is just below the start of the Plein Soleil chairlift
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy