Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 15/16

Poster: A snowHead
@chomski, thanks for that.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably don't want too much to fall at once. The large amount forecast for the western Alps next week together with high winds are likely to keep a lot of runs and lifts from opening.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More runs open today. Getting closer towards a full house.

Bergfex has next week as windy but the models may change again. Should be plenty of shelter to be found.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just returned from a great week in val Gardena. Arrived last Saturday to green mountains and white stripes but it snowed overnight and we woke to white mountains on the Sunday morning. It snowed again Sunday night too. Piste conditions were excellent considering the lack of natural snow.

Spent day 1 around selva and up to seceda, la longia run was my favourite of the week even if ski tracks only measured it at 7.5km rather than the advertised 10.5km. Day two we headed to colfosco and corvara to ski the alti bada World Cup run. Unfortunately the hidden valley was not open whilst we were there. This area was the busiest of the week with big queues in corvara. Day three was the sellaronda anti clockwise (green I think). Most runs on the sellaronda were busy but lifts not too bad. On day four we skied to monte pana and took the bus to ski alpe d'susi. Very quiet cruisy pistes in the sunshine. Day five was the sellaronda clockwise which was better than the anti clockwise route, and on our last day we skied the runs down from danteciepies (far better early in the day) before heading back to seceda via sasslong and another couple of runs down la longia.

All in all a great week in a ski area that I will definetly return to Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back from a week in Val di Fassa, snow was in decent nick considering it was all artificial and beginning of the week was really busy. The rep on the bus on the way there said that they reckoned they only had a couple of weeks water left for the snow makers. Noticed that the piste bashers started to pile snow up in various corners of the resort. Marmolada was shut, but surprising how many of the pistes were open.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
paulg wrote:
Just got back from a week in Val di Fassa, snow was in decent nick considering it was all artificial and beginning of the week was really busy. The rep on the bus on the way there said that they reckoned they only had a couple of weeks water left for the snow makers. Noticed that the piste bashers started to pile snow up in various corners of the resort. Marmolada was shut, but surprising how many of the pistes were open.

Big dump on Monday but freezing level will be critical. Lots of rain forecast lower down. Fingers crossed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice pics from Thurs this week in Alleghe/Civetta ski area on Alpinforum...

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=54819

Pistes looking pretty complete and in good nick. Looking a bit more wintry beyond the piste too. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This one of majestic Monte Pelmo is stunning...look how empty midweek too! wink

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@luigi, nice Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@luigi, lovely pic!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@laura1182, good to hear you liked the area, even though the condition where not perfect.
I will always return to the area and hope for a bit more snow soon.
Hidden valley Sad !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What a transformation! Web cams look fantastic now, with a load more to come! This time next week I'll be sliding!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c4861/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anybody looking for a last minute getaway - we have a house located between the Alleghe and Marmolada areas and we're offering 20% off our prices at the moment! www.casa-alfredino.co.uk
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bloody hell its to be cold next week when I'm there.
ski holidays
Its as good a place as any to ask, ill be in VG next week (so excited!!), Im just wondering if this Hidden Valley is really so unmissable...? I've read lots on here about it but nobody has actually said its utterly spectacular and you'd be a numpty to miss it! Bare in mind ill be in VG not Corvara which may increase the hassle factor...
cheers!
latest report
@shiva_71, it's not a particularly interesting ski, but the scenery is stunning and there is some excellent food to be had.
latest report
@shiva_71, Just do it snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Just had first day, the pistes are in good nick but the snow that fell last night has made things look a little whiter but you can still see the grass poking through in most place and south facing area were melting back by afternoon.
Very good pistes though.
PS looking at above message.
Hidden valley not open apparently.
snow conditions
shiva_71 wrote:
Its as good a place as any to ask, ill be in VG next week (so excited!!), Im just wondering if this Hidden Valley is really so unmissable...? I've read lots on here about it but nobody has actually said its utterly spectacular and you'd be a numpty to miss it! Bare in mind ill be in VG not Corvara which may increase the hassle factor...
cheers!

The Great War ring is well worth skiing and you'll just about get it in if you leave early enough and get back to VG.
Cinque Torri, the area at the top of the pass where the hidden valley goes from offers beeter skiing than the hidden valley itself with some lovely pistes and lots of off piste up there.
The hidden valley is beautiful and the horse drawn carriage drag lift is sweet but there's an awful lot of poling either side of it.
latest report
Cheers, if its open I'll give it a whirl...! Finger crossed the snow forecast for the next 24 hours makes an appearance...
snow report
T Bar wrote:
Hidden valley not open apparently.

I don't recall there being any snowmaking in the Hidden Valley, so I expect they'll be waiting for some more natural cover to open it up.

Bergfex are forecasting 15cm at altitude in Arabba tomorrow with a snow-line of 1350m, so that would mean snow all the way across the higher valley bottoms...most welcome if it arrives! snowHead

http://www.bergfex.com/arabba/wetter/prognose/
latest report
Hope it'll snow they are muttering about rain locally.
ski holidays
We've skiied Hidden Valley from VG, TO put on a coach but I think we beat them there on skis.... Well worth doing if it snows, theres a stunning frozen waterfall (usually) and excellent restaurant halfway down. There's a nice red off the top back down to the cable car before you hit the valley, and Cinque Torre area is good if you have time but might be pushing it from VG. Nice old 2 man chairs that were transporting beer kegs when we went...
Horse tow is a larf, yes some poling at Armenterola but still fun. Off to San Cass in 3 weeks Smile[/quote]
ski holidays
T Bar wrote:
Hope it'll snow they are muttering about rain locally.

ARPAV have snow levels of 15-30cm down to around 1300-1500m tomorrow, then 1200-1400m as the day progresses, so I'm hopeful!

http://www.arpa.veneto.it/previsioni/en/html/meteo_dolomiti.php

I guess it might be a bit sleety in resorts close to those snow-lines, maybe rain in lower ones, but a good covering on the mountain.
latest report
http://www.valgardena.it/en/val-gardena/information-services/weather-live-cams/weather-forecast/

^ Chimes with the local site which has the snow line down to 1500m which would sit somewhere between St. Christina and Wolkenstein Very Happy looks like being very windy though
snow report
Just got back from a week based in Badia - have to say the piste conditions were excellent everywhere we ventured. I was out there last March, when the conditions for piste skiing were inferior to last weeks - and it was all mainly man made snow.

Hidden Valley was closed all week, The Marmolada links opened on Saturday.

There was a decent snow fall last night probably 6 to 8 inches on the deck of the Haus Valentin in Badia when we were dragged away at 06:15 this morning.
ski holidays
Anyone in or near Cortina to give a view as to how the conditions are up on the hills?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arabba reporting 6-8cm new snow overnight, looks like it's continuing with heavy flakes spotted on the mountain cams, looking a bit soggier on the village cams though.
snow report
Warm and wet in Arabba with very soft heavy snow on lower slopes. Is snowing harder and cooling down a bit this p.m. but already given up today for the bed piste!
snow report
Rain all day in selva, snow limit seemed to be 1800-1900m, home run pistes soft but not ruined. Cooling down tonight so should be good conditions after that.
ski holidays
Wet snow today with rain lower down, not a massive fall, should spruce up the pistes nicely but not enough for anything away from the piste that I saw.
latest report
Hi T Bar are you in Selva? Wherabouts in the Dolomites?
latest report
@twoodwar,
In Canazei, first time in the Dolomites for me, impressed so far though it was a bit miserable on some of the exposed lifts today.
snow report
Arabba reporting 12-16cm new snow this morning, must have cooled down in the evening and snowed to lower levels.

Snow on the rooftops of Ortisei. snowHead
ski holidays
Pistes freshened up nicely, beautiful up the Marmolada but not a huge dump max 20cm I reckon
latest report
The views from the viewing platform on the Marmolada are stunning, hope you had a good clear day.
snow conditions
Cheers T Bar, it will be our first visit too. Looks like very little more snow this week, but lots of good piste skiing for you snowHead
ski holidays
@dode, Views were stunning though we didn't rest long as it was a little blowy.
@twoodwar, Nothing new in the way of snow, but it was a bit breezy today which was removing a bit of the snow on windward slopes.
Pistes still in generally excellent condition.
ski holidays
I love the Dolomite Ski Area!

We're off to Campitello / Val Di Fassa in February. So please look after that new snow!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy