Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 15/16

Poster: A snowHead
Goliard wrote:
It would appear the road is blocked in both directions. Our friends haven't had a car go past either way for half an hour.

Any update on your friends?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tow truck made it through and they are now six kilometres away Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They made it...10 past 10. The hotel kept the restaurant open, how good is that?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Goliard, good to hear snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well played all involved
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Goliard wrote:
The hotel kept the restaurant open, how good is that?

Which hotel ?? (Name and Praise..!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The hotel is the Col Alto. They couldn't have been more helpful. Top banana!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good news. We have always found hotels & accomodations in this area to be fantastic. Our host in our small B&B waited up for us to arrive on Fri eve. She was out to the car immediately offering to help. We were only staying overnight ! Now it's a beautiful morning here in Corvara.. The snow had stopped at midnight and there is deep blanket of cover. The tops of the mountains are visible .......⛄️🎿🎿. Bellissima snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Goliard wrote:
They made it...10 past 10. The hotel kept the restaurant open, how good is that?

Excellent news. Thanks for the updates
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad they made it safely and you can all enjoy today's fresh snow!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Plan De Gralba at 0900. Ironic that the Dolomities have finally had a big dump - Last time I went to Selva in March it was +12 degrees !!!

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Still another 4 weeks of the season left yet. They should be ok now.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter S wrote:
Still another 4 weeks of the season left yet. They should be ok now.

I hope everyone who's there this week enjoys the new snow! Looks like there might be more to come. I think you are right to say that they've got enough now to see them through. Good!

We're going back on March 21st. I'm hoping the sun will be out by then for some proper spring skiing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Amazing day today- lovely soft snow. And it's snowing again Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Saturday dolomites approx 18:00

http://youtube.com/v/wMVl4gES4j4
snow report
Got to St Christina in the snow from the UK in the little green van yesterday - very snowy over the Brenner. Fantastic snow conditions today, but vis a bit poor at times. It still keeps on snowing, half a metre at village level since we arrived.
snow conditions
The Passo Campolongo between Arabba and Corvara was closed by an avalanche, according to our hotel when we arrived at 2300 last night, nearly 11 hours after landing at Venice. No problem on the journey until we got 7km from Corvara, just 1 km before the summit of the pass and met a queue of traffic. The ploughs were all stuck at the top, clearing the road for two hours. It was snowing very heavily by then - maybe 10cm an hour. By the time the ploughs got to us, one of the cheap chains on our hire car decided to break climbing out of the drift and then the repair links failed as well! Another two hours later, the ploughs had done enough that we could limp over the pass on one chain, after a shove out of the snow from the ploughman. All that snow and warm temperatures made for some heavy powder today, though!
latest report
@Stevo, gosh, what an ordeal. Glad you made it. The weather should steady during the week so hopefully some great conditions for you.
snow conditions
I see all the local websites showing avi risk 4 today
ski holidays
Quick report from Cortina d'Ampezzo.
Got there late Friday evening before the snowfall. Drive was fine though car rental (Locauto) was not spotless: I specifically asked 48hrs in advance for snow chains. Reply was "of course, not a problem!". At collection, winter tires were offered when they understood we were going to the mountains, but no chains. I insisted for chains given the expected snow but their snowchains could not fit winter tires (at least that’s what they said), so it was one or the other, not both! The lady at the counter was very reassuring when I told her we were on our way to Cortina ("no problem for Cortina!"). I was nonetheless pissed off when they asked for a 30€ fee for "winter equipment" (!!). Anyway, drove Friday evening without issue…
Saturday was very different and indeed pretty messy...To be fair, even cars with chains and winter tires were struggling big time (except equipped Jeep 4WD or the big Audis or Porsche Cayenne type), so I was quite easy about the whole thing...Ended up leaving the car at the bottom of my hotel’s access road and walked the last 500m...Had dinner downtown and paid the most expensive 5mn taxi ride in my life (complete ripe-off but no other choice...this private guy was actually one of the few driving while the radio-taxi service was off-duty).

On the slopes (skied Tofana only, on-piste and mellow side-piste only): well....Saturday was powder fest! Not much wind, continued snowfall and face shots in knee-deep fluffy powder… Old tracks were covered within 30mn…In summary: my best powder day this winter (out of 3 or 4 proper ones)…Clearly “one of those days…" wink Overnight, it kept snowing and we heard at least two avalanches in the mountains above town, which tell the strength of this weekend snow.
Sunday AM, a short sunny window. Thigh deep snow in some places. The powder at 1,200m was getting heavy by noon (5’c at 1pm), but was still quite light at 2,000m... Leaving Cortina at 4.30pm, the drive back to Venice was under rain (sometimes quite strong), so potentially more snow in the mountain last night.
Overall, good weekend. Italian Alps delivered! I’m more used to Austria and I don’t know how/why but I feel like the snowfalls (admittedly pretty enormous) would have been handled better over there by the municipalities/taxi drivers/car rentals, etc. wink
ski holidays
Fantastic day again today, skied Alp de Suisi. Sunshine in the morning and fairly mild, then heavy snow all afternoon, and steadily getting colder - finished down the Saslong with loads of fresh snow. There are huge amounts of snow about, just shovelled about a ton of it off of the car!
snow report
Another snowy morning across the Dolomites. Looks at least another 10cm overnight on some of the webcams:

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/trentino-alto-adige/bolzano/colfosco-alta-badia.html

http://www.altabadia.org/en/info-service/plan-your-journey/alta-badia-webcam.html
ski holidays
Looks like good weather from Weds for several days too so plenty of sunshine to enjoy the new snow Toofy Grin Not stupidly warm either.
snow report
Skied the Sella Ronda green from Monte Pana, back to Saslong. Excellent snow conditions, htough a bit bumpy later, apart from the Saslong Red, which was a pretty scraped at the end of the day. Cold (minus 7c at 2250m at 3pm), and cloudy, lots of flat light. Hope for the sun tomorrow.
ski holidays
We done the Sella Ronda also today, clockwise from Corvara. We made the mistake of not starting the route until around 10:45 as we thought that we would let the early starters go off. That meant we had a bumpy ride most of the way, but I am not complaining as that would be petty. The snow conditions were good, we had poor visibility, nothing too bad for skiing, but no views unfortunately. We will do it anti-clockwise later this week and hopefully we will get some blue skies. I have to say, all in all, this has been a good full on few days so far and I really like this place!
ski holidays
Today has started fine and sunny here in Val Gardena
latest report
The sun is lighting up the Sella this morning. Promising a fine day to take a tour. We will be of first thing to Cinque Torri & Laguazoi runs followed by a fine lunch. BLISS🎿🎿🎿🎿
ski holidays
They are having another very reliable and presumably successful season.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fantastic day around Selva and Passo Sella today, lots of sunshine and excellent snow conditions.
snow report
Awakening to a little high cloud and a bright morning . The piste bashers were working their magic all night so that the early birds will have corduroy. Very enjoyable end to our week and those coming out next week can get excited as forecast looks like great conditions are promised . Bring sunscreen 😎
ski holidays
I am going to Alta Badia in two weeks, hope there will be plenty of snow as it is now! Could someone tell if there is a lot of snow around the slopes? We are staying in a nice Garni from where we can ski directly to the slope, but I wonder if the snow will stay there until we arrive.
snow report
putin wrote:
I am going to Alta Badia in two weeks, hope there will be plenty of snow as it is now! Could someone tell if there is a lot of snow around the slopes? We are staying in a nice Garni from where we can ski directly to the slope, but I wonder if the snow will stay there until we arrive.

Take a look at the webcams here: http://www.altabadia.org/en/info-service/plan-your-journey/alta-badia-webcam.html

There'll be plenty of snow on the pistes. You'll be fine!
snow conditions
@IanTr, I'm not worried about the snow on pistes - about 4 years ago there was +15 during the day and almost every slope in Alta Badia was open so I am sure that there will be plenty of it. I wonder if there will be enough snow beside the slope, so I could be lazy and ski directly from Garni to the slope ;P Sorry, English isn't my first language so I make some mistakes Wink

I check this webcams almost every day, can't wait for the best ski week of the year Wink
snow conditions
Your English is fine! I don't think anyone can answer that specific a question though. Certainly not from two weeks out. Personally I would put it firmly in the "things I can do nothing about" bucket - and therefore stop fretting over it!
latest report
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
I see all the local websites showing avi risk 4 today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3489152/Six-killed-avalanche-Italian-Alps-remote-area-10-000-feet-sea-level.html
snow report
Skied Civetta Saturday and Val di Fassa today. Pistes in excellent condition. One thing we haven't seen much sign of is "spring" snow - to be honest it was bloody cold this afternoon!
snow conditions
Fantastic conditions in Corvara, Alta Badia today (Monday 14th).

Bluebird, no wind, up to boot top deep dry snow on a spongy base on the right aspects.

Cream cheese in the sun. Consistent and fast and fun though.

Skied Val Mesdi. Wonderful.
ski holidays
Thanks for the updates, we're heading out March 26th... hope these conditions last
Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Big snow tomorrow and Wednesday Smile
ski holidays
Fantastic conditions today in Alta Badia - sunshine and really great pistes which held up very well in the afternoon considering this is mid March. Anyone coming out soon will have a wonderful time. If anyone is looking for après in this region, the Murin in Corvara is good - atmospheric and lots of German 'Ballerman' (cheese! ) music.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy