Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 15/16

Poster: A snowHead
@laura1182, pop on the s12BB thread in events - it will give you some idea
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Keep dancing ........ It's doing the job ! We' re off on Sat 2nd and we've been doing the snow dance since Xmas day 💃⛄️
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
laura1182 wrote:
Does anyone have any updates of the conditions in the last few days? Flying out for a week on Saturday - currently perfecting my snow dance wink

You may get your wish on Sat.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Arabba/6day/top
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Before I booked Selva I found a thread on here which detailed a number of different ski routes, hidden valley, marmaloda etc with lifts/runs to take. Had a good search but can't find it. Does anyone have the link for it? Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This one?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1960245&highlight=marmaloda#1960245
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A carpet of white all over the Dolomites this morning...the brown meadows have been banished, there's sugar dusting on the peaks, everywhere looks pretty and the artificial pistes have been freshened with natural snow.

Starkly visible when comparing the webcam images of Colfosco from this morning with yesterday's archive pics here...

http://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c9213/

Hopefully they'll pick up more as the other systems work their way through in the week!! snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Certainly looks like more than forecast has fallen overnight, let's hope that's the case with the rsame st do the forecasts for the next few weeks snowHead snowHead snowHead

Off to the Aaritz on Saturday Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Around 10-15cm fell in Val Gardena Very Happy pistes were great today
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2planks wrote:
Certainly looks like more than forecast has fallen overnight, let's hope that's the case with the rsame st do the forecasts for the next few weeks snowHead snowHead snowHead

Off to the Aaritz on Saturday Very Happy

Yes looks better next few days at least. Smile

http://www.yr.no/kart/#lat=65.00146&lon=19.54158&zoom=3&laga=nedb%C3%B8r&proj=900913

But at the same time it is getting warmer again, så snow or rain, that is the question. Puzzled

My be the "weather-men" can tel us? (Nozawa &co)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 3-01-16 15:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is at 2200m in Cortina today (early January). Almost no snow yet:

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold wrote:
This is at 2200m in Cortina today (early January). Almost no snow yet:

Yes, unlikely that Forcella Staunies will be seeing action anytime soon! Laughing

More is definitely needed in the Dolomites, the thin covering today will soon melt back in a few days on S-facing slopes if more doesn't arrive.

Still, it looks a whole lot prettier than the huge swathes of brown with the tiny white ribbons of man-made.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks to me from the GFS ensembles that the same amount again should fall on each of tomorrow and early Weds. Some but by no means all of the ensembles are then predicting quite a bit more for Sunday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hope you're right pjd
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like more fell overnight from this mornings webcams. The ensembles show very little for wednesday now.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.val-gardena.com/en/live--and-webcams/page94.html

Much improved conditions.
snow report
Looks like a great week to be out.
Good visibility after today, lightish winds and staying cold until Friday. Most lifts and three quarters of all the runs appear to be open.
latest report
Going out on Saturday keeping my fingers crossed for next week.
ski holidays
The 10th and 11th still look interesting. At least half of the GFS ensembles are now (06z) predicting what looks like well in excess of 10cm
ski holidays
Selva improving dramatically. Our 2nd day after a couple of inches of fresh snow over night, each night. Pistes imaculate though still too thin to venture off.
snow conditions
The good news is that these modest amounts of snowfall are not disrupting access or closing lifts or runs.
latest report
Heading out to Ponte di Legno (Passo Tonale) on Sat 9th. Anyone have any updates on snowfall over the last few days ?

At least the mountain looks white on webcams now.

I keep checking the ski club forecast and what an emotional rollercoaster that is !

One minute there's nearly a meter of snow coming only for it to be cruelly snatched away next time I check.

I know that the SCGB forecast is known for optimism, it is currently showing about 60cms from 9th - 11th which will do me nicely Smile or maybe half that amount ?

I cant imagine a great deal of off piste to be had with rocks and stuff to cover but perhaps with a bit of skinning some first tracks may be achievable?
Hell I'm almost starting to feel some enthusiasm at last Smile Better go and check my kit,
latest report
@scarbski, I always go on 1/4 of the forecast or less. By the time you've taken the over egging factor, followed by the compression of the snow once it lands, 1/4 is about right
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, Last weekend's forecast was bang on, apart from Bergfex (ECM I think). I really hope tomorrow's run doesn't wind it back. Me and our GP have been obsessing over snow for Dolomites for ages!
ski holidays
@Waffle, I bloody hope so too - I'm spending 3 weeks in the dolomites from 22nd Jan Happy
latest report
@PaulC1984, We're heading out that date too! Going crazy looking at gazillions of weather models!
snow conditions
@Waffle, you and me both, theres only so many times i can do the snow dance :-0
latest report
Waffle wrote:
@PaulC1984Me and our GP have been obsessing over snow for Dolomites for ages!

Is that a new NHS service?? Very Happy
latest report
@luigi, Haha, no! He's Belgian and very eccentric. Spends lots of time poring over maps instead of picking up the phone Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Obsessive Snow Disorder (OSD) is a real condition, I know, I suffer from it. I head to Passo Tonale on the 16th. Ive been scouring the internet for 2 months checking weather. I'll almost be relieved when its over..........
ski holidays
@scotspikey, Me too. First thing I do in the morning is look at the forecast, but it's getting scary now with the prospect of some good snowfall. Eek.
snow report
@waffle exactly the same, its bizarre behaviour, because we can do absolutely f all about it.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 5-01-16 23:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
jesus h corbett! it going to get cold! Shocked
snow conditions
I don't care as long as it snows. Got new boot heaters. Bring it on!
snow report
@scarbski, Ponte di Legno is a fab little resort. Sounds like you've been there before so you probably know refugio Corno d'Aola. IMO serves the best wild mushroom ravioli in the Alps - or it did. It's been 10 years since I was there but soooooo memorably good.
ski holidays
Holy cripes! Long range forecast has some very, very cold weather from Wednesday on wards next week. Daily highs of -13!!!!
ski holidays
Easy now - looks like snow is on the way next week - so far. Puzzled
snow conditions
@jzBun, Thanks for the tip, not been before but will certainly aim to try the wild mushroom ravioli.

We will be skiing with guides so hoping they will find some of the best snow (and lunch) on offer.. looking at the temps a nice warm dinner stop will be needed .

come on snow !!
latest report
We're planning to have a few days in Cortina towards the end of the month but it still doesn't look too promising. Has anyone skied Kronplatz and can shed any light on where to stay as the conditions do look better there? Ta . . .
ski holidays
I think it's looking like a fair amount over the weekend and then cold temperatures when they will, no doubt make a shed load of snow. Whether or not teh natural dump will be enough to go off piste, I'm not sure.
I'm looking to ski with some folk on Friday 22nd and Sat 23rd - before the pre birthdya bash, if anyones interested. I'm flying into Venice early Friday morn and have a cheap overnight hotel booked in Bolzano.

I'm probably looking at a day in Flacade and a day in Cortina during the Alleghe week too.
latest report
Kronplatz is essentially one large dome with lots of pistes coming off it. It has the slickest of ski lift systems (heated seats!) and is excellently maintained. I have stayed a couple of times at Hotel Diamant with Mountainsun Ltd which is in San Martino. This is a spur coming off the main Kronplatz ski area. Mountainsun offer v reasonable rates, Diamant has decent swimming pool and sauna, & jacuzzi. Staff well organized and will meet you at Venice & Innsbruck. The staff will take you to the Piculin lift in the morning (3min ride) and pick you up more or less on demand. There is a free public ski bus (20min) which connects with the bigger Alta Badia ski area and the Sella Ronda. Other villages to stay are Brunico and San Vigilio di Marebbe.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy