Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 15/16

Poster: A snowHead
luigi wrote:
Millom wrote:
@ima, not been this year so no first hand experience but it seems that because of the slight down from the top station you'd not be able to easily ski there but you would be able to get a lift up to the same point and then go down the new lift if that makes sense (avoiding a short up hill). Can someone confirm? Either way the red run (if open) is a nice run down into Canazei and this would seem a nicer/better alternative especially if you plan to go to Vigo/Pera ski area the same day. The only thing to think about this run (into Canazei) is that you (at least use to) have a short walk to the lift and/or buses.

You can't ski to the top station of the Funifor because it is at a high point of the area, but it certainly looks like you can take the Col Dei Rossi cablecar from Pecol up to it, the top stations of both lifts are right next to each other, as you can see in the photo posted previously...but I agree it's a bit of a faff, going up a lift to go back down another.

Of course all the old options for Alba, ie. skiing down to Canazei (if the run is open) and the walk through the village to the main road to catch a bus or downloading on the Pecol gondola, are all still available.

To confirm for jma, Millom et al, the only direct way to get to the top of the new Funifor from the Belvedere area is to take the Col Dei Rossi cablecar up to it, if you take the chair that gets most of the way up there you would be left with an uphill walk to the Funifor top station. When we were there they certainly were not encouraging an uphill walk against the path of skiers starting down the piste. Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BoardieK,please send some pictures of snow conditions. ..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@toro, if you look at the webcams this morning I think you will like what you see Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pistes this morning probably the best I've ever experienced, chopped up by about 11.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
15cm new snow yesterday in the Grödnertal/ Seiseralm according to the official site
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pjd wrote:
@toro, if you look at the webcams this morning I think you will like what you see Very Happy

Winter wonderland as the first real taste of winter hits the area!! snowHead

Around 15cm reported across the Sella Ronda areas, not huge amounts, but very welcome.
Snow must have fallen to lower levels overnight as the roofs of Ortisei had a thin covering of white this morning.

There was significantly more a bit more further South, Civetta/Alleghe is reporting 30cm at the top of its area. Some areas in Italy, namely Domobianca in Piedmont and Trafoi am Ortler in South Tyrol are reporting 60cm.

http://www.bergfex.com/italien/schneewerte/?sort=BergNeuschnee24,DESC

More is expected throughout the week, most significantly Tuesday evening & overnight into Wed, down to low levels (400m):

http://www.bergfex.com/arabba/wetter/prognose/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some nice pics of the Sella Ronda pistes yesterday on a day for which the piste grooming had been rather inconsistent

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=55047&p=5065359#p5065359
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent Pics on the Sella Ronda
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Despite (perhaps because of !) the lack of natural snow they are having a very good ski season snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Peter S, Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hyst, having just spent two weeks in the Sella Ronda, I can say that the pistes were in incredibly good condition - thanks to the investment in artificial snow-making. There was wonderful skiing to be had everywhere (except off-piste).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Light snow now appearing on the webcams across the Dolomites. Radar showing precipitation South & East of Bolzano currently!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like rain at the moment in Seiseralm but that should change later
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Our latest review, done during the pre birthday bash. Civetta and Alleghe.

http://youtube.com/v/FG-4zHirjTY
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pjd wrote:
Looks like rain at the moment in Seiseralm but that should change later

Snowline should drop down a lot lower overnight. snowHead

Bergfex are saying 470m. ARPAV are saying 800-1000m...either way it's snow down to resort level by morning.
snow report
pjd wrote:
Some nice pics of the Sella Ronda pistes yesterday on a day for which the piste grooming had been rather inconsistent

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=55047&p=5065359#p5065359

Nice spot, I liked this one best...taken from Belvedere above Canazei...

snow conditions
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Our latest review, done during the pre birthday bash. Civetta and Alleghe.

Nice review...I'll look forward to exploring it some more next Monday...just need a bit of sun after this week's snow!! snowHead

A local once corrected me on my pronunciation of Alleghe...apparently it's AL.le.ghe and not Al.LE.ghe...if that makes sense...the stress is on the first syllable.

Also Civetta means Owl in Italian...I guess the West Wall does look a bit like an owl with outstretched wings ready to swoop on Alleghe! Very Happy

snow report
Civetta...

snow conditions
A blanket of snow across the region this morning on the cams...even the streets in the centre of Cortina are all white, that's a very good sign! snowHead

http://www.bergfex.com/cortina-ampezzo/webcams/c2744/
snow conditions
Civetta is reporting 60cm this morning! snowHead

Val Gardena has 35cm & Alta Badia has 20cm.

Arabba is yet to declare...

According to this...

http://www.bergfex.com/italien/schneewerte/?sort=BergNeuschnee24,DESC
snow report
^ looks great! Looking at the GFS ensembles I see another wave is due on Monday although too early to tell yet how that will pan out: the control and main runs at 06z are predicting masses but they are relative outliers. Interesting that Bergfex predicted only about 10cm last night for Seiseralm
ski holidays
Any idea how much has fallen in Madonna DC, please
snow conditions
Latest updates for snow amounts that fell across the region:

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/live-info/weather-snow

pjd - The 06Z run doesnt start producing the charts till around 09:30am. Do you mean the 00Z run from last night?
snow report
jimmybog wrote:
Latest updates for snow amounts that fell across the region:

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/live-info/weather-snow

pjd - The 06Z run doesnt start producing the charts till around 09:30am. Do you mean the 00Z run from last night?

Sorry, yes the 00z run. Will be interesting to see what the 06z run says but this feels like one where the ensembles will differ widely until a day or two beforehand
ski holidays
pjd wrote:
^ looks great! Looking at the GFS ensembles I see another wave is due on Monday although too early to tell yet how that will pan out: the control and main runs at 06z are predicting masses but they are relative outliers.

I hope that one fizzles out, it looks a bit too mild, though there is a fair bit of support for something early next week...I selfishly want High Pressure, cool air temps and the sun to come out next week...and definitely not rain! Cool
ski holidays
dublin2 wrote:
Any idea how much has fallen in Madonna DC, please

15-30cm according to Bergfex...

http://www.bergfex.com/madonna-di-campiglio/schneebericht/
snow report
@luigi, 06z reduces the snowfall substantially as does the recent Bergfex run Smile
ski holidays
The 12z reintroduces lots of uncertainty for early next week but with little real consistency of pattern
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pjd wrote:
The 12z reintroduces lots of uncertainty for early next week but with little real consistency of pattern

As you said elsewhere, those spikes of precipitation have little consistent support and could disappear/diminish as the time approaches. I'm guessing the Low that is predicted to produce them is somewhere in the Caribbean at the moment. Laughing
ski holidays
pjd wrote:

Just looking at the animations of the 00z and it has the scenario of a low pressure bubbling up out the Med on Mon eve and really pushes up with a SW flow into NE Italy with a big spike of precip all day Tues, starting off a touch mild, but cooling as it meets the cold mountain air. Of course this weather is currently on the far side of the Atlantic at the moment and does depend on the general W/NW flow off the Atlantic buckling up into a SW out of the Med, so it's not certain as indicated by the discord in the wigglies.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=2

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?ext=1&lat=46.5&lon=11.9
snow report
Bergfex & the ZAMG are still only going for a max of around 20cm out of this event Mon-Tues with a snowline of 700-900m and mostly overnight, which is a pretty good scenario for anyone out there next week...and the one I'm keeping my fingers crossed for...

http://www.bergfex.com/arabba/wetter/prognose/
snow conditions
@luigi, thanks. A strange one. Tuesday on that basis could see anything from a light dusting to snowmaggedon - snowforecast which I think has been said before uses the main GFS run predicts getting on for a meter in Gardena over midweek. But as you've shown, the main run is pretty much a lone wolf. Bergfex's predictions are much more conservative.
latest report
I'd be quite happy with the Bergfex forecast for Corvara. The Snow-Forecast one has lots of precipitation but predicts a snow level of 1750 and plenty of rain at base level. I'm sure we'll have a great time whatever happens but rain does tend to put a dampener on things.

Still, there's lots of variation showing in the GFS ensembles so it will be interesting to see which way things pan out.
snow report
Despite the lack of natural snow they are having a fantastic year for skiing weather Cool
snow report
I have to admit the dolomites are looking beautiful on the webcams this mornings. Good snow, sunshine and clear blue skies. It would be nice to have at least a couple of days days like this next week.
snow report
Some nice indicative photos here

https://www.facebook.com/FuniviePinzolo/
ski holidays
12z still brings lots of uncertainty for next week other than Sunday looks reasonably settled with sun, cloud and perhaps some light snow. After that, who knows, but my hunch is for a reasonably heavy fall of snow Monday eve into Tuesday followed by a random mix cloud sun and snow showers.
snow report
One more sleep to go!!!!!!!!!

Powder skis this year, hopefully...
latest report
pjd wrote:
12z still brings lots of uncertainty for next week other than Sunday looks reasonably settled with sun, cloud and perhaps some light snow. After that, who knows, but my hunch is for a reasonably heavy fall of snow Monday eve into Tuesday followed by a random mix cloud sun and snow showers.

It does all still look very uncertain the early part of next week, but if the 12z op run comes to fruition, it looks like the heaviest falls will be confined between the hours of 6pm Mon and 9am Tues...so hopefully won't interfere too much with the skiing!! snowHead

Looks like some gaps in the clouds there, though Thurs is looking to be the clearest.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MS_1246eur_g05.png
latest report
Such divergence! During the course of Monday and Tuesday, snowforecast predicts 70cm for Gardena, with torrential rain up to 1800m. Bergfex predicts 5cm of snow for the same duration. The official Val Gardena site's forecast, which I've found to be pretty accurate in the past - no idea what underlying data they use - just has pictures of clouds and creeping sunshine. Bleedin hope snowforecast have got this one way wrong.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy