Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European Winter train ticket sales from 15th Oct

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you're on the mailing list, you'll probably have seen this email already but an email from Loco2 this morning tells me the non-Eurostar winter train tickets are on sale from this Thursday
https://loco2.com/blog/winter-train-ticket-sale?utm_source=Loco2+newsletter&utm_campaign=5474f5a6ea-Winter_Sales_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1bdedfca20-5474f5a6ea-427259133
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank you for the reminder always29: in my phone diary with warning alarm.
Loco2 seems sure they will go on sale at 0500 - similar to last year.
But some have suggested they could go on sale some hours earlier, at midnight - so will be checking then as well rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep..last year I think my tickets from Paris must've gone on sale a bit early because by the time I logged on at 5am I'd already missed the cheapest tickets. My return leg tickets went on sale at 11.30 pm the night before and luckily I managed to bag some 29 quid tickets..so it's all a bit of a lottery. Get really to log in constantly from about 11pm tonight until 5 am tomorrow if you're desperate to get bargain couchette tickets!
Shipjack
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, this year much the same as last year for me.
Tried all sites (Captain Train, LocoTrains, Rail Europe) last night just after midnight: nothing doing.
So back with cup of tea at 0500: nothing on Captain Train straight away, but by 5 past got my first ticket (Dec 16). Then a bit of a blip before could get second ticket (Jan 20).
But all done now.
Just got to wait for next month to get the next lot . . .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Official SNCF information is as follows:

① Journeys between 5 Feb 2016 & 6 Mar 2016 are open to book on 6 Nov 2015

② Journeys from 7 Mar 2016 will be on the standard three months in advance rule.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The ticket buyer for our trip in Jan managed to bag us some 26.50 couchette tickets from Paris to BSM. Can't argue with that, definitely my favourite way to get to the French Alps. He logged on at 5.02 am..same tickets were 60 odd quid by 8am.

Shipjack
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy