Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap(er) flights inc. Feb half term & NY

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BA have launched something called the flightpass. Basically this lets you prepurchase, in bulk, a certain number of flights either on a known route or to a known country (e.g. London-Geneva, or London-Switzerland). The key thing is that the price is the same irrespective of the travel date. It's a bit like the eurotunnel bulk purchase deal.

https://www.optiontown.com/Worldwide_Sites.do?processAction=paramLnk&p=/01BAFPo1/

You can have multiple names on the flight pass, e.g. a family of 4 could have all their names on it so any of them could use the flights, individually or together.

It works out about £100 each way (including baggage), so not particularly comparable with easyjet/advance purchase most of the time, but as long as there is a seat on the plane, and you are in your specified booking period (e.g. you might specify that you will book 30 days in advance), you get to fly, even if the normal price is >£300 (e.g. Feb 2016).

The minimum appears to be 4 flights per person per year (i.e. 2 round trips) so it might work for holidays (Feb half term one year, new year the next) or property owners. The more flights you prepurchase, the cheaper it gets. You specify your own booking window when you prepurchase, which affects the price, so if you want the right to book up until 4hrs before the flight, its c. £50-80 more per flight than if you restrict yourself to making all bookings 90 days in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds interesting. I wonder what restrictions there are though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey this is good - although what is "Option town"
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tried in the details and triggered a couple of error messages....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well I selected 16 flights (assume that's each way) to Chambery with a 60 days booking and got a price of approx £1600. which would be 2 holidays for the 4 of us which sounds on the face of it pretty good value.

More investigation needed though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My first reaction was a great big sizzling pan of:-

But then I saw Rob over at www.headforpoints.com was also featuring it and that made me think it is genuine.

The only niggle is the site asks for an email address very early and that makes me suspicious. I have ways around that so I may dabble and see what comes back.

It is very London-centric but that isn't a surprise when it comes to London Airways.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think for yome routes it'll be great, others not so much. Sorry for stating the bleedin' obvious. E.g. outside of half term, at which point iit may well be worth doing still, I'm looking at mid week flights GVA-LON return (no bags, no pre booked seats, etc) for £55-75 whereas this system is £198.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its cheap for half term flights (I was getting £77 each way to GVA including bags on a 16 flights/4 people deal), and also if you want flexible flights (£150 each way for a fully changeable ticket is exceptionally cheap).

I agree there are sometimes better alternatives, but on average it looked good for me. If its still going for the 16/17 season I'll probably go for it, but all 53 (!) of our 15/16 flights are now booked.

Some respected/experienced posters on Flyertalk have already started using and reported very positively.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good point, @snowdave, it could be set up to be fully flexible. Which is indeed good value.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy