Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste course in Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in Val d'Isere the week of 24th January 2016 and I'd like to do some off-piste skiing. I've done some courses and private lessons before and was wondering about guiding. Can anyone suggest somewhere? I'm on a bit of a budget so ideally I'd like to join a guided group.

I'd also be interested in a course/clinic. I've spoken to tdc but it's early yet, and they only have the Introductory course running so far. Does anyone knows of any slightly higher level course than are running or would like to join me in making up a group for tdc's Off-Piste Adventure course http://www.tdcski.com/?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check Alpine Experience. Several Snowheads, including me, have skied with them and rate them highly. See http://www.alpineexperience.com . See also the http://www.alpineexperience.com/waynes-daily-diary/ to see where they skied and what the conditions were like for the last few seasons.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Adrian, thanks. I'll have a look.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for Alpine Experience - great set up, friendly guides and great price.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In val-d'Isere, TopSki has groups that go off-piste every day. 6 persons max per group, they provide transceiver, shovel and probe plus ABS airbag for free to everyone who goes with them.
You can join a morning or full-day group, touring or not.
You can also book a private guide, which is cheaper if you are 5 or 6.
They propose heliski around.
They are also a travel agency and apart organizing all-inclusive stays in Val-d'Isere, they do organise ski trips all over the world in the most beautiful ski destinations on earth.
You'll find them at www.topski-val.com

snow report Mon 18 Jan, 16
22:34 Reply with quote Edit-post Delete-post
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spamski ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @kasperski, I've booked with Alpine Experience. I'll see how that goes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So sadly Alpine Experience let me down. Lots of explanations but boils down they've not doing straightforward off piste because the other customers want to do touring.
Any other suggestions, anyone?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
henzerani wrote:
So sadly Alpine Experience let me down. Lots of explanations but boils down they've not doing straightforward off piste because the other customers want to do touring.
Any other suggestions, anyone?

I am running the intro group with TDC this week and my colleague is also running on 'off piste adventure' group - both are bulging at the seams but I think there may be a slot opening up as there was someone murmuring that they could not commit to all the days therefore they may have to go to the back of the queue so to speak that could open up another slot.... so I would drop our office a message asap!

Failing that then also Top Ski may have groups running (Should think they have!)

Good luck!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Steve Angus, you were my very first call! I should never have thought of deserting you. But your assistant ( I don't think I meant to mention names on here, am I) tells me that you are fully booked.
I shall drop her an email, and do that awful thing of drop your name.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Evo2 in Tignes do off piste with a guide and provide all the equipment and can meet up with you/you to them.

I got really lucky last Feb as there was only myself and one other bloke who was sent home after an hour as he'd overestimated his ability. Ended up with a private guide for 2.5 days Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@haigie, thanks. I think my ability is the issue. I've done some lessons and there's a point when I should move to the next step.
Truth is I don't really know if I'm good enough. I haven't really been able to judge against anyone.
There's a guy comes in the hotel from Evo2 so I'll give him a shout tonight.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kasperski, thanks for the info on Top Ski. Spoke to Maud, booked up with Boris and had three wonderful days of skiing. The first two were probably the best days I've ever had. The third day he made us put on touring skis and skins and walk up ... yes, walk ... up ... the mountain. I actually quite enjoyed it, but we spent however long it takes to get into Col Pers, then a long traverse and then an hour of touring and then a short ski in powder. It wasn't really worth it, but pretty damned impressive that Boris found powder six days after the last snowfall. And I did get a very nice photo of my 6 turns!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happy that my tip of getting in touch with TopSki has given you satisfaction. -If it hadn't it would have been pretty much embarrassing- wink I've had great experiences with them... Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kasperski, Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy