Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotest training: You'll be a man, my son (a woman my daughter)

Poster: A snowHead
yeah a bit dazed on the hill, a sore neck and a tweaked knee but fine. rag dolled a couple times after crashing at speed coming onto a very steep pitch. Timing gear out tommorrow so plenty of drugs tonight Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skimottaret, Hope you are ok. old bodies don't bounce as easily as younger one's rolling eyes

Not too many drugs incase you get tested wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skimottaret, @SkiPresto, hope you two are OK and fit to continue.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anybody have any vids or pics of the track they're using for the test?
G'luck to all snowHead participants.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also hoping you pair are ok after your tumbles, and still good to go hard on the timed runs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Miss ET training, might go back next Autumn for a bit more fun in support of my other half who is going to get on GS skis this winter. i mis the first time I got on GS skis and into some (lovely warm and comfy :/ ) race boots...

Hope training is going well for everyone with this top up of snow, should cushion the blows from future mishaps Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

old bodies don't bounce as easily as younger one's

he's not that old, @stewart woodward wink

All the best for tomorrow, @skimottaret and a rapid recovery from your crash.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ouch, @skimottaret! Hope you're both feeling well again soon.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maireadoconnor wrote:
Ouch, @skimottaret! Hope you're both feeling well again soon.
+1
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w,
Quote:

he's not that old,
Oh, not sure about that...
wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hot sake needed, Scott san
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
laundryman wrote:
@skimottaret, @SkiPresto, hope you two are OK and fit to continue.

+1 and hope all goes well tomorrow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good luck for tomorrow. 😀
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@alq this is our training pitch, not as long as an ET stad but steep on the bit you cant see over the roller

https://vimeo.com/146691753
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
and here is an actual Eurotest last season

https://vimeo.com/120418989
snow report
@skimottaret, That looks fun; probably steeper in real life.
Did my first GS-style gates last season in Flaine and it was amazing! Huge angles from the French chaps practicing.

Here's some inspiration for you...just think, "What would Ted do?" snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/33MVJXUwjEY
latest report
ALQ wrote:
@skimottaret, just think, "What would Ted do?"

He'd probably tell the ESF and their eurotest to ''Do One'' for a start Happy
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
ALQ wrote:
@PaulC1984, Laughing Laughing

Im not sure what the american is for ''Do One'' but i suspect Admin may have set up a filter for it Happy
snow report
@ALQ, great bit of film - that's a huge long run even at Ligety-Split speed. Edge angles impressive on the POV film. Shocked
snow conditions
@pam w, There's a slo-mo vid of his run in Alta Badia and his ankles are nearly touching the ground at apex.
Don't know how he does that ... must be made of rubber or something. My instructor said, to get those angles, you need to go a bit faster (he was taking the P*ss out of me french-style) Laughing
latest report
ALQ wrote:
@pam w, There's a slo-mo vid of his run in Alta Badia and his ankles are nearly touching the ground at apex.
Don't know how he does that ... must be made of rubber or something. My instructor said, to get those angles, you need to go a bit faster (he was taking the P*ss out of me french-style) Laughing

Its a mighty fine line between ankles nearly touching and ankles touching and loss of edge grip - I loved that moment, cue fractured wrist and shoulder followed by two operations - yes I loved that day.... Happy
snow report
@PaulC1984, Ouch! i knew there was a reason I played golf.
snow report
ALQ wrote:

Indeed. The worst of it was that I was dual slalom racing, id already won by a country mile and was being cocky around the second to last gate. I learnt my lesson after waking up Happy Embarassed

Still, I got 12 weeks paid sick leave which gave me time to tile the kitchen floor, and the insurance payout plastered the downstairs of the new house - theres always a silver lining Happy (plus I learnt a very valuable lesson obviously!)
snow conditions
@PaulC1984, Ahem...Madeye-Smiley

pam w wrote:
All the best for tomorrow, @skimottaret and a rapid recovery from your crash.
latest report
So what happened???
snow report
ALQ wrote:
So what happened???

The since means 1 of 2 things:

1) Full of injuries (bad day)
2) Full of Alcohol (Good day)

Toofy Grin
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
ALQ wrote:

Indeed. The worst of it was that I was dual slalom racing, id already won by a country mile and was being cocky around the second to last gate. I learnt my lesson after waking up Happy Embarassed

Still, I got 12 weeks paid sick leave which gave me time to tile the kitchen floor, and the insurance payout plastered the downstairs of the new house - theres always a silver lining Happy (plus I learnt a very valuable lesson obviously!)

Next time you need to do work on the house just increase edge angle very slightly wink Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
speed098 wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:
ALQ wrote:

Next time you need to do work on the house just increase edge angle very slightly wink Shocked

Indeed Happy. I run my own ltd company now and my insurance covers me lost earnings and a £30k payout for broken bones incurred commuting or at work. The wife is under strict instructions to bundle me into my car, take me to A&E and claim I was commuting. Quite how I explain the ski boots ive not yet worked out Shocked Toofy Grin
latest report
PaulC1984 wrote:

Indeed Happy. I run my own ltd company now and my insurance covers me lost earnings and a £30k payout for broken bones incurred commuting or at work. The wife is under strict instructions to bundle me into my car, take me to A&E and claim I was commuting. Quite how I explain the ski boots ive not yet worked out Shocked Toofy Grin

You are extremely heavy footed snowHead

But hope you do not break any more bones Skullie
snow report
speed098 wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:

You are extremely heavy footed snowHead

But hope you do not break any more bones Skullie

Happy Thanks
latest report
December Eurotest in Alp D'Huez cancelled due to lack of snow.

Masters races in Pila also cancelled for same reason Sad
snow conditions
yeah a lot of unhappy bunnies... two years on the spin
snow conditions
Eurotest in Sestola, Italy cancelled Sad
ski holidays
Hi Hurtle.
Just seen this. Skimottaret is an inspiration. I wasn't quite knocked out. But I didn't know who I was or where I was. I hooked an arm on a flat section gate. As I flew backwards down the slope I feared the worst. I hit the deck on my back and my head slammed the snow. Race helmet saved any major fracture. I picked myself up and looked at the course. "ooh, I think I was skiing that this morning!... Feeling strange. Gates. I could do that..." And so on. The JJC guys were awesome. Very professional. I was like a very bemused drunk man. They picked me up and skied with me down to the bottom of the course and whistled up the pisteurs, who turned up and bundled me on the back of a skidoo. Then they roaered me Up the slope at about 40mph to the top station. I was hanging on. Just.
I had recovered after an hour, but checked in to the Doctor's in Saas-Fee for a checkup. I wanted to be on the safe side if there might be delayed injury or brain swelling or something. Thankfully there wasn't.
The main thing you need to do in Switzerland is ensure they definitely register your EHIC. I showed mine but still had to negotiate with the BMC insurers who eventually refunded the £400 or so doctor fee.
snow report
Ouch! Glad you're OK.
snow conditions
ALQ wrote:
@skimottaret, That looks fun; probably steeper in real life.

Yeah it is steep, here is the same pitch from a different angle Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/1KJ-FZ9UG8w
snow report
And a World Cupper doing it on SL skis

https://www.facebook.com/SkiZenit/videos/924171397727020/
snow report
@SkiPresto, all set now for another training trip this Autumn? I know you were considering it a few weeks ago.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy