Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dad & 14 year old son ..Flaine ,Morrilon etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive booked easter flights early April and was going to wait until nearer the time to book a room to check snow conditions .
I waited nearly a whole month and found out im not very good at waiting.

So ive narrowed it down to the Grand massif due to closeness to Geneva and resort Altitude .

Ive found a couple of places in Flaine and quite a few more in Morrillon .

Are there bars where we could watch a few football matches or just use the wifi
Are there any inexpensive Pizzerias etc
I'm worried my son getting bored of an evening ,thats why i,m leaning more towards Flaine as oppose the the other resorts as they look busier ??

The other plus points to flaine ,the accomadation is near the lift and i can get a direct shared transfer ,where the other resorts i would have to hire a car

thanks nick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flaine has a few places where they screen the football, the bowling alley in Foret (in the Gallerie Marchand) is one of them. I think wifi is available in the Perdrix Noire but I am sure there are other places as well. There are a lot of places that do pizzas and the like, both eat in and take away. The night life in Flaine is not great but I assume a 14 year old is not looking for lively late night bars (or at least his Dad isn't!). The White Pub in Forum often has live music. In Flaine you are more likely to be staying near a lift, as you have already identified.

Go Massif . com does shared transfers to all the GM resorts, typically for less than €50 per person each way.

I am not familiar with the facilities in Morrillon but Carroz is a 'proper' town and has more facilities even than Flaine, including a swimming pool/water activity centre.

One advantage of Flaine is its altitude - the bottom is about 1500m and it goes up to 2300m without leaving the bowl. Carroz is at about 1400m and Moriilon is more like 1100m. This means that, in April, the slopes can get very soft towards the end of the day and some runs may be closed. You can get over to Flaine, which has a lot of north facing slopes, but the lifts back get very busy towards the end of the day.

Hope this helps
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The bowling alley in Flaine is good for the football - couple of big screens - they even show EPL games live on Canal+ that are not being broadcast on UK or SKY TV
Wifi is not bad either plus you have the bowling, air hockey, pool, etc to keep your son entertained
Food there is also OK and reasonable price but there's a take away pizza bar just upstairs as well - you need to order in the Perdrix Noir (where there is wifi but its not great)
Other options in Foret are the Sucre Sale which does good pittas, etc & has excellent wifi
If you want something different for your son then try the indoor climbing with Rodrigo at the auditorium - see http://www.flaine.com/en/winter/indoor-climbing-listing-87.html
Can't comment on the wifi anywhere in Forum but there are some restaurants & Monster Burger for a cheap take away
There's also a swimming pool in the Centaure that is open to non-residents
Overall definitely more to do in Flaine than Morrillon and as Chrius says the snow is likely to be better in Flaine later in the season
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Carroz is actually at 1200m and Morillon Les Esserts is about 1100. Not ideal elevations for April snow. Flaine would be best from the snow cover point of view. Can't speak about night time activities there, though I know there is a bar in Les C which shows sport.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What sort of skiing are you looking for? That's maybe more important?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
What sort of skiing are you looking for? That's maybe more important?

Ive skied around 5 years and my son went Last year with the school.

So looking at Reds/Blues and very easy blacks ???

I did consider Chamonix but it looks like it may be a bit to demanding for us
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Carroz - use Gomassif for transfers, couple of bars have football matches on tv, local indoor/outdoor pool/ complex, red and blue runs have snowmaking to village but the last 2 seasons have seen warmer temps early April and thinning slopes to village but still skiable.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More LC - at least 3 restaurants in centre have extensive pizza menu (9 to 13 Euros). There are a few hotels in/near centre, various British-run chalet holidays and a variety of SC via Local Estate Agents.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@wasley, why not PdS e.g. Avoriaz, Chamonix nit as challenging as you would think but logistically not always so easy.

Grand Massif certainly not a bad choice.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morrillon town is low down. Not skiable when we were there last year. Morrillon Les Essserts (or 1100) is at the lower end of the skiing but is much smaller, two or three bars, not much choice of eats. Flaine is the highest, good skiing in all directions. It is purpose built, not pretty but has a much better selection of eats and things to do. Didn't go to Les Carroz town, but the skiing on that side is good and there are generally lower prices in the "normal" towns in the valley compared with Flaine which is just a resort.

+1 for Go Massif, transfers were quick and easy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We went to Flaine in early Jan this year. Snow was pony, same as everywhere else in the area but everything else was great. Had a brilliant night in the White Pub with Matt Cantor DJing.

Another vote for Go Massif.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You will be fine in Flaine, wifi in several places, take away pizza, burgers, and great restaurants. Try and book a room in the lower level, better access to lifts and bars etc...our kids started going their at age 8, they are now 18...and still have a great time
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oops by lower level I mean the Form
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy