Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baqueira at Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
First of all thanks to everyone who gave invaluable advice on our plan to go skiing at half-term. We settled on Baqueira. Then the cost of flights and accommodation got real ugly, so we've made the decision to change our holiday date to Easter - w/c 26th March - even though it's far less convenient for all sorts of reasons.

We're still enticed by Baqueira though, what with cheap flights, a scenic area and affordable accommodation.

While it's obviously impossible to predict weather and snow conditions in late March, has anyone got experience of the place at Easter?
At 1500m it's not the highest of resorts. Is it all rock hard ice in the morning and slush in the afternoon?
It coincides with Spanish school holidays, so would it be really busy at that time?

Appreciate any advice.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I spent that exact week there with my son about 4 years ago.It hadn't been a brilliant snow year.rock hard groomers for first couple of hours then softened up for an enjoyable 2/3 hours but home runs were slush by 3pm.It was the last full week of the season .However the last two seasons there has been so much snow that I am sure the season was extended by a couple of weeks.I can't imagine it will be too busy ,Spanish holidays may be the week after.I would stay down the valley in Arties or Vielha as roads will be clear at that time and there is more to do at night.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I spent that exact week there with my son about 4 years ago.It hadn't been a brilliant snow year.rock hard groomers for first couple of hours then softened up for an enjoyable 2/3 hours but home runs were slush by 3pm.It was the last full week of the season .However the last two seasons there has been so much snow that I am sure the season was extended by a couple of weeks.I can't imagine it will be too busy ,Spanish holidays may be the week after.I would stay down the valley in Arties or Vielha as roads will be clear at that time and there is more to do at night.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Angus og, those were the sort of snow conditions that I had in mind. But I suppose unless we go somewhere very high (Val Thorens?) everywhere would be much the same at that time of year. Trouble is, budget is limited and last time I looked, the higher resorts were pretty expensive.

As you say, snowfall will vary from year to year, so it would be a gamble.

So long as there's some sort of snow cover.
The 4 kids are all complete beginners, so cover on the nursery/green slopes is going to be pretty much vital.
The rest of us can ski further afield.

Interested in why you suggest staying in Arties or Vielha? We won't have a car with us and to be honest, the kids will probably be ready for bed by 9pm, so I can't see us doing much in the way of nightlife. Perhaps a bottle of red back in the apartment? Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arties has some good restaurants and a really decent tapas bar on the Main Street. Vielha is a fair sized town with big supermarket ,lots of bars and restaurants and I think there is a swimming pool,also there are lots of apartments for rent there and will be cheaper .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok, thanks, fair point. Is there not much in the way of restaurants in Baqueira itself then?
Tbh, we're planning on self-catering to keep the cost down, so doubt we'd be eating out that much.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't offer advice on Baqueira (though I want to go there!) but you may not need Val Thorens for good snow at Easter. Going further East (Austria) may be an option.

I'm hatching a plan to ski at Easter in St Anton, for instance. You could try Serfaus given your requirements? Pretty high and comes highly recommended for families.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok, thanks for the tip Horizon. Flights to Munich are rather more expensive for the week I'm looking at unfortunately.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy