Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's new for skiing in Europe?

Poster: A snowHead
Nice article in the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/skiing-news/11906265/Whats-new-for-skiing-in-Europe.html

Cheers,
Nick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not keen on those very bendy new wires for a chairlift, though
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, pam w, a bit disconcerting how they manage to bend upwards . . . Puzzled

And no mention of the new Montalbert Gondola Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, @Jonpim, just a photo taken with a fish eye lens (probably GoPro) Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Love that you can take your dog to certain VIP accomadation
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@skitrack, v French, I think. Whenever I stay in a particular hotel in Arras I always end up with a "doggy room"
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No mention of the new lifts in Scotland ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

just a photo taken with a fish eye lens

gettaway! wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonpim, Or the new lifts (and removal of others) in Les Arcs. But there is a new hotel in Flaine.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@clarky999, but since the software to correct such lens effects is fairly straightforward it must be done on purpose to create an effect. In particular to show the new fasion in bendy pylons and curved ropes, leading to new exiting experience in the Alpes this winter.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

leading to new exiting experience in the Alpes this winter

let's hope not wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, Blush
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@johnE, one of the best typos ever that one....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skitrack wrote:
Love that you can take your dog to certain VIP accomadation

Futuroscope, August 2015: "Dogs permitted only in bags." We tried to get our black lab into a rucksack, but she was having none of it NehNeh
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter S wrote:
No mention of the new lifts in Scotland ?

It's the Telegraph. Europe begins at Calais.
ski holidays
Some news here from the Dolomites.

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/service/dolomiti-updates/news/news-winter-season-201516_n436330
ski holidays
Pylon 9 now in place on the new Glenshee Tiger Chairlift snowHead

http://www.ski-glenshee.co.uk/New-Cairnwell-Chairlift-Progress
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/service/dolomiti-updates/news/news-winter-season-201516_n436330

Amazing level of investment, especially given the number of new lifts that went in last month

San Cass Regulars - and IO Instructors will love the replacement of the Fraine lift, which runs from the bottom of the Bamby piste back to the top of the Piz Sorega - it's a great training piste, but the only lift was a calf crusher and tediously slow, so this will really help

The new bubble between Belvedere ridge and Alba, makes the Fassa valley a little more inter-linked. Certainly one to put on the 'to-do' list for the BB, as it's not an area I'd previously explored

Sad to hear about the demise of the 2 seater out of Arabba, it was a classic 'locals chair' and a nice way of moving round the orange whilst avoiding what can be a somewhat intimidating pitch after you go round the corner from the cable car exit
ski holidays
That Hochgurgl building looks cool!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 16-10-15 13:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
A new reliable long piste 9b run down to Armenterola from the top of Badia, should be graet too. That is such a beautiful run snowHead
ski holidays
bertie bassett wrote:
Peter S wrote:

Amazing level of investment, especially given the number of new lifts that went in last month

San Cass Regulars - and IO Instructors will love the replacement of the Fraine lift, which runs from the bottom of the Bamby piste back to the top of the Piz Sorega - it's a great training piste, but the only lift was a calf crusher and tediously slow, so this will really help

The new bubble between Belvedere ridge and Alba, makes the Fassa valley a little more inter-linked. Certainly one to put on the 'to-do' list for the BB, as it's not an area I'd previously explored

Sad to hear about the demise of the 2 seater out of Arabba, it was a classic 'locals chair' and a nice way of moving round the orange whilst avoiding what can be a somewhat intimidating pitch after you go round the corner from the cable car exit

That link isn't working for me Sad

Are you talking about the 2 man chair you need to take to get to Marmolada out of Arabba? If so that was a horrible bottleneck when everyone was trying to get over there so it'd be good if it was replaced with a faster, higher capacity chair.
snow report
No, I think it is the old 2 person chair from the town to the right of the cable car station.
snow report
Oh right cheers, will they ever upgrade that chair?
latest report
doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere but there's a funicular going in just at the top of the Brevent bubble to ease beginner access on to the plateau. Which should be helpful.
ski holidays
More info here including a new DLM cable car that will directly link Belvedere on the sella ronda to the Alba ski area, previously a short bus ride away. Presumably you would need to download into Alba?

http://www.skiresort.info/ski-lifts/new-ski-lifts/europe/

It's shown as news on n this map for 15/16.

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/it/zona-sciistica/val-di-fassa/cartina-sciistica
snow report
There's a new lift going in at the back of les houches, it will replace two very poor drag lifts.
latest report
I am pleased to read, @jbob, that it's not replacing the Plancerts drag. which is awesome.
ski holidays
The new les houches chairlift will replace the Cha and the Chamois drags. I'm sure I read somewhere there's to be a new piste as well, not sure how they could do that without knocking down a lot of trees.
@under a new name, I do like the cafe on the way to the plancerts drag (which I hate) when the snow permits.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lots of pictures of the new cable car at Canazei here:
http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/thumbnails.php?album=364
ski holidays
Noticed a new chairlift in Zermatt I'd not heard about before. The Hirli chairlift above Zmutt. (For all the masses of Snowheads skiing Zermatt this season Smile )
snow report
HutToHut wrote:
Noticed a new chairlift in Zermatt I'd not heard about before. The Hirli chairlift above Zmutt. (For all the masses of Snowheads skiing Zermatt this season Smile )

I have been excited watching this go up over the summer. They had the chair on display at the Furgg lift station last winter.

It is going to be interesting to see how this affects things. A lot of visitors never really did the skiing on the Schwarzsee (which is where the lift is). Even at peak times it was somewhere you could head for some more peaceful skiing. The black 54 is one of my favourite runs - although it is nicer in the Spring than early season when it rarely sees the sun.

Up until now the only way to do that sector was the incredibly long (and steep in parts) T bar. That put a lot of people off. The new chair lift starts from lower down so the runs will be longer and it starts below the excellent Stafelalp restaurant so will pick up their customers.

So: much better access; but more people on almost the same amount of piste. Hopefully it will still be as good. The new lift doesn't serve the Schawrzsee itinerary runs. Be nice if they could open a new one - maybe to the west of the current piste.
ski holidays
Yes, @jbob, I read "new piste" as well. So I guess there will be ample firewood for the Taniere (is that the cafe that you meant? great lunch spot).

What is there not to like about the Plancerts drag?
ski holidays
nick.magill wrote:
Nice article in the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/skiing-news/11906265/Whats-new-for-skiing-in-Europe.html

Cheers,
Nick

an entirely new ski resort will open this year in France, they seem to have missed that Happy
snow report
@davidof, I've missed that to, where is it?
snow report
3V's what's new:

http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/2016/WhatsNew/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy