Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are my skis shagged?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got them out of the bag and errrrrr perhaps i should of wiped them down after sitting on top of the car from last year.

They have lots of scratched etc

Should i get a new pair?

Or can they be sanded and waxed again?

I only paid 50 notes for them.......[img]

[/img]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How do you put a photo on here? Cant i just upload the photo?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This was obviously written by someone that has never tried it on a person with limited skills.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/image.jpeg
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The bases look like they could do with a bit of TLC but they should be repairable. The rust will soon disappear when you start skiing on them again. If you get them serviced all that will be taken care off. If the rust is really bad it might leave some pitting but that won't matter unless you are a racer trying to shaving micro seconds off your time - which isn't going to happen anyway with those bases Very Happy.

I have seen a lot worse. In fact I have a pair of skis with worse bases than that. Though I only use them for ski touring/mountaineering in Scotland where they tend to take a lot of punishment.

Bottom line - repairable I'd say.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@glisser,
If you want to repair them they are certainly not dead yet, but then of course if you really want to buy some new toys I'd just bin them wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ill get a full service on them then. They were pretty good spec 4 years ago.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They appear perfectly fit for a service. A full service should get them back to looking and performing like new. A proper structure from a stone grind compared to a cheap belt grind finish will also aid glide and wax absorption.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy