Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance working for Crystal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter has got a job working for Crystal this winter, but it seems that the insurance they provide doesn't cover off piste skiing (unlike the insurance Inghams provided when my son did his first season, which was through MPI).
Does anyone have any experience with working for Crystal, and what you might have done to get better insurance cover? I can't imagine my daughter is going to stay on piste for a whole season, and I would have thought that would go for a lot of seasonnaires? Is carte neige perhaps the answer?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Carte Neige will get you off the mountain from wherever, but the medical cover is limited value wise to not much at all. I suspect the Crystalvmedical cover will be limited to injuries done on the piste so it could be expensive for you. If you are worried I would go to MPI direct (by phone or website) they will accommodate you and then you can sleep soundly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out the austrian alpine club - probably the most cost effective way to get coverage for a season
http://aacuk.org.uk/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, so carte neige is probably not the answer. I will have to read all the small print very carefully , and maybe get daughter to talk to crystal and ask if there is either an upgrade, or an opt out, to their insurance. It would seem a bit daft if there isn't an easy way round it, as there must be a lot of seasonnaires who will venture off piste at some point in the season, and so would need to change the insurance.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bobhitch, Unfortunately the costs of emergency medical treatment, moving people who have been injured, transportation to a hospital and repatriation are covered only for the first 8 weeks of any trip. Therefore after 8 weeks it seems that you are covered only for mountain rescue and third party liability. Presumably a mid-season trip back to the UK will start another 8 weeks running.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are policies specifically for seasonaires, with various rules about coming back to the UK - best to speak to a sensible broker. I'd start with MPI. Online searches are of limited utility once you have a non-standard requirement.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When my son did his first season we found a policy which seemed suitable except it didn't allow any trips back to the UK. For a modest supplement they added the facility to have one return trip home.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MPI definitely do a policy for seasonaires that allows one (or more) trips back home. There is a small extra premium to pay dependent on the number of return trips that you need.

On a more general note regarding Tour Operator insurances, employees should check that the insurance covers them on their days off, not just on 'work days'.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We know about MPI, our son has had their insurance for the first 2 winters, first time because that's who Inghams use, and second time going direct. Seems daft for daughter to have to pay for insurance twice, though, unless she can opt out of having the insurance amount deducted from her Crystal pay. I just wondered if anyone had had any experience of being a crystal seasonnaire.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I worked for Crystal I didn't have a clue who I was insured with. They briefly mentioned something about it in training, and that it didn't cover us off piste, and said we'd get the details when we got to our resort. We never got those details, flip knows what we would have done had we needed to make a claim....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Sitter, Eek! Seeing as son's girlfriend did have to claim on her insurance when they were doing their season, I think we'll be making sure we know what daughter is covered for! Thanks for the heads up on the vagueness from Crystal.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sitter wrote:
When I worked for Crystal I didn't have a clue who I was insured with. They briefly mentioned something about it in training, and that it didn't cover us off piste, and said we'd get the details when we got to our resort. We never got those details, flip knows what we would have done had we needed to make a claim....

Same for me, I genuinely can't remember who it was (although I did know back then, it was 5 years ago). I ended up getting carte neige and winging it with the standard insurance (which thankfully I didn't need to use at all during the season). But a couple of others our team did have cause to use the standard Crystal insurance for on-piste injuries and both were very complimentary about it (one in hospital for a couple of weeks with a bad shoulder injury, one who had to go home with an ankle break).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy