Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I an hoping you may be able to offer advice for my brother.
A group of friends and he are looking to go to Tignes, the end of January, early February but before "Half Term". He has asked me to pose a question.
Which area of Tignes would be best for them considering...........
3 beginners
3 good intermediates.
Like good food
Love beer................
Hate walking

He says the plan is for the beginners to have morning lessons while the intermediates go exploring the mountain.
To meet up for lunch, (probably liquid version knowing them) and after to ski the easier slopes together in the afternoon.
Then to participate in some quiet and lethargic apre ski Happy

I hope all this make sense.

Kind regards
DJ
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure if there is a ski school meet in Lavachet so might need avoid there - although it's only short lift or bus ride to get to Le Lac. Other than that not sure it would matter as Le Lac and Val Claret would be equally suitable I would say. I learnt to ski in Tignes 25 years ago. Stayed in Le Lavachet. Stayed in Val Claret last Christmas.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No advice as to which area of Tignes, but remember that the French school holidays start 6 February.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Rosset beginner in Le Lac area is larger and more suitable as it is completely segregated from the rest of the pistes than Val Claret. It is very central allowing the intermediates to get back for Lunch - The Loop overlooks the beginners slope, does fab luches and does have the odd beer pump or two. If the beginners progress aay from the nursery slope the Palafour offers the best 'early' blues for them and brings you back the The Jam Bar for an Italian lunch and a grappa. The apres in Val Claret is more aimed at the 18-30's Le Lac has much more variety.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 to this ^^^^
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd agree with the above. Le Lac is probably best located for what you are after. I travelled with a group of guys who I work with but they stayed in Le Lac while I stayed in Val Claret with my kids and a few other colleagues. We didn't share for obvious reasons! Le Lac definitely has more nightlife and as mentioned the Palafour is a great run for those still wary on blues but also those comfortable on them too. Val Claret is cheaper than Le Lac, but the off set is that most the ski schools go from Le Lac. Although I didn't find it a problem getting my kids there each morning on the free bus. Takes 5 mins.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have done most of my skiing in tignes....... le lac, lavachet or les almes areas of tignes are good for what you want.... I am also pretty sure that the free buses run all night for beers etc if you want to head up there. You can get to most of the learner areas and a couple of lifts with minimal walking (less than 50 yards)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definitely Le Lac. If you stay in Val Claret the beginners will spend their first day going up and down the Bollin lift, the piste underneath which is always over crowded and difficult for a beginner.

As above, the beginner slope in Le Lac is much more suitable and the intermediates can jump straight on the Toviere bubble lift first thing in the morning to head wherever they like.

Most importantly the beginners slope in Le Lac is directly next to Loop bar, which is the best place in Tignes for both a liquid lunch and Apres fun.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1^ def le lac for beginners. Not only is there the lift at the bottom of trolles (. Think is going to be a magic carpet this year ) don't know if it's the same length as chair but am sure a local will confirm. There is also the poma area in between lac and lavachet all free and great for beginners.
T
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy