Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

solo female skier looking for skiing companion for new year's week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking to go skiing to French Alps on 27th of December for one week and I'm looking for skiing companion. I haven't booked anything yet so it will all depend on the deal I find but everything seems to be quite expensive for this week. I don't mind the resort as long as it is not La Plagne as I was there last year and would like to explore new place. Perhaps Val D'Isere or Chamonix.
I'm a female, 36 year old and I enjoy active day on slopes followed by some apres-skiing e.g drink in a pub. Would love to share this experience with someone like-minded as it's always more fun skiing together rather than solo. Please send me a message if you interested.
Also looking for an advice on deals for this week
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Also looking for an advice on deals for this week

Welcome to Snowheads, @sk. You've started with a hard question - there are not many deals for new year week, the busiest of the year. Have a look at UCPA holidays, sold in the UK through Action Outdoors - if they have any vacancies at one of their French centres it would be very hard to beat their prices for all-inclusive holidays.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Though flight prices will be eye-watering by this late stage. Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pm'ed you...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are doing ucpa Val Thorens - action outdoors might do you a bus from london
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi sk, I get away over new years most years and you're more than welcome to join us but I don't usually go for a whole week. This year i'm planning a trip from the 28th Dec to the 2nd or 3rd Jan for me and one other. Looking right now, flights are expensive unless you fly to some further afield airports, then just hire a car to resort which is almost always cheaper than a transfer service/taxi. That said, the last three years I have just driven. This brings the price right down and allows for more excessive Apres! I was aiming to do a high altitude, party resort. the last few New Years i've been to L2A, ADH, StAnton, ValD, Chamonix and would happily go back to any one of them. In Verbier i know of a free apartment and I've never done Verbier over New Year's so I'm leaning towards that at the moment. Oh, yes I'm a bloke who ski's and boards dependent upon conditions, but more importantly likes Apres and a good laugh. Impossible not to get along with, invite is out there for other ride hard party hard folks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a little update - if you're still looking for a riding companion(s) I've secured some accommodation in Chamonix over the NY and there is still space, we are a group of 2 (currently) aged 30 & 40. PM if you want further details etc
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sk, are you still looking for a skiing companion? Will (27m)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey, I'm also planning on solo trip for same dates. I've been to Val D before and happy to go again, is great fun. I'll be coming from a family holiday in Switzerland so will be in Zurich on the 27th so could get to Geneva pretty easily from there and hire a car (that's what I did last time is easy). Oh I'm a 38 year old man who snowboards pretty well or skis very badly but happy to do either! Haven't done a solo trip before so would be great to join a group if possible. Looked at UCPA but most of their options start from 26th Dec so I'd be missing first 2 days which would be a shame. Anyway let me know, thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy