Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big skiier

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for recommendations for new skis and bindings, due to my size I need 190cm + skis and bindings capable of taking a 370mm BSL

I'm looking for a hybrid ski that I can take on a few pistes but mostly on deeper stuff.

If anyone could recommend something that would be appreciated. I've so far looked at the Armada AKJJ in 195cm and Atomic Automatics also in the largest size.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have youseen this thread?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120439

There are some brilliant, v big, offpiste focussed skis on there at really excellent prices. And spyderjon could certainly get you some bindings to suit too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you very much. Had looked at Whitedots but could definitely not afford RRP.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
erm... who needs to pay RRP? Look at the post above.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well yes, that's exactly my point. Smile £300 for Ragnaroks, yes please.

So now what to do about bindings?

Is spyderjon affiliatied with sportpursuit?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hennylenry wrote:

Is spyderjon affiliatied with sportpursuit?

No. He is an independent Whitedot stockist.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hennylenry, Jon will fit VIST bindings, and they are excellent. If I remember correct they are about £150 mark (maybe a little under) and you can wind the dins unto 14, so even a big bloke like you won't pop out Happy

I have visits on all my Whitedots and they've been spot on Happy

Give Jon a call/email and he will sort you out - Go through Jon not Sportpursuit as he will better their price and you will get Jons excellent service (can't recommend him highly enough!)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderjon is actually the UK's biggest retailer of Whitedots and one of the earliest and frankly, most trusted snowHeads there is.
That's how come he can price-match SportPursuit and why he has models/lengths they they don't have.

Sportpursuit are great for grabbing knock-down bargains, end-of-line and stuff but with Spyderjon/The Piste Office being a proper ski retailer with a reputation and everything, you'll tend to get a more complete and expert service than the cash n carry style of SP - and at SP price this week, it's a no brainer!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin wrote:
Spyderjon is actually the UK's biggest retailer of Whitedots and one of the earliest and frankly, most trusted snowHeads there is.
That's how come he can price-match SportPursuit and why he has models/lengths they they don't have.

Sportpursuit are great for grabbing knock-down bargains, end-of-line and stuff but with Spyderjon/The Piste Office being a proper ski retailer with a reputation and everything, you'll tend to get a more complete and expert service than the cash n carry style of SP - and at SP price this week, it's a no brainer!

Well Said Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hennylenry, you're in luck.
I was in Jon's workshop a couple of weeks ago for a ski - tuning course and saw some Tyrolia Peak 18s going VERY cheap. I hope they haven't all gone already - they were THAT cheap.
Tyrolia Peak 18s are absolutely bombproof. An all metal binding, beside the Look Pivot/Rossi FKS, probably one of the most proven bindings out there.
So Jon could sort you out with both, skis and bindings. You could do much worse than PM him.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Volkl Katana
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you all. I've now messaged Jon and hope to buy a pair of redeemers or ragnaroks with bindings. The tyrolias sound good as I tend to break things. Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My eldest really good at breaking things. Mainly her arm. Currently sat in hospital waiting for surgery (again) on a her arm. How the f()ck she can bend the titanium rod that's already in the arm i will never know. And about 3 hours after i happened to book the family ski trip. Jees.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ansta1, bent the titanium rod Shocked Puzzled
Poor thing, I hope she will be ok, surgeries are always a risk...
And as if such a bad facture on its own weren't a miserable enough thing... the timing of it... wow, I really simpathyse Sad Sad Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ansta1, What is it with daughters? Hope she recovers soon, ready for the season.
snow conditions
@ansta1, hope that surgery goes well and your daughter is OK and soon back on the slopes - maybe in time for the holiday you booked?
snow report
Thanks everyone for the advice, have purchased a pair of WhiteDots from Jon, now just have to wait a couple of months for the snow to arrive.
ski holidays
@hennylenry, one word: OktoberTest!

Great excuse to 'test' your new skis Wink
snow conditions
hennylenry wrote:
Thanks everyone for the advice, have purchased a pair of WhiteDots from Jon, now just have to wait a couple of months for the snow to arrive.

hennylenry, Your bindings will be the first pair I've mounted for which the boot sole length exceeds that maximum length of the jig Shocked
snow report
Will this cause a problem or can it still be done?
snow report
hennylenry wrote:

Jon will be able to do that easily, either by free mounting the bindings, or more likely by doing the sums and using the jig but in two slightly different positions (along the skis length) for drilling front and rear mounting patterns.
ski holidays
That's good to know Smile

The joys of being a behemoth.
latest report
midgetbiker wrote:
hennylenry wrote:

Jon will be able to do that easily, either by free mounting the bindings, or more likely by doing the sums and using the jig but in two slightly different positions (along the skis length) for drilling front and rear mounting patterns.

He's also the best person in the country for doing a job like that as he has enough nowse to take note of the thickness of the ski at the drilling site. If necessary due the the ski being thinner than usual because of the long bsl he would drill shallower holes and grind down the mounting screws. Have to say though, it's unlikely to be an issue with a Ragnarok.
snow report
New Rag's or old Rag's Puzzled
ski holidays
13/14 style.
latest report
Sorry but I've just got the image of this guy on skis!! @hennylenry,
http://youtube.com/v/I74NcuElTzU&feature=iv&src_vid=3WWrBPpya2w&annotation_id=annotation_2890190579

http://youtube.com/v/3WWrBPpya2w

Either that or your sodding Hagrid Happy
snow report
Theres an awful film called chalet girl with a character called the yeti.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy