Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying lift passes online Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are booked to go to Alpe D'Huez and it is cheaper to buy a family pass online rather than through the tour operator. However, the online booking system does not really give any details about how to collect the passes. There comes a point at which the hassle of collecting the passes will outweigh the saving so I was wondering if anyone has any experience of booking skipasses online. How do we collect the passes and where from? (we are staying at the Mariandre). We will be arriving in resort late in the evening due to a lunchtime flight and need to get the kids their passes prior to their lesson at 9am the next day so just really wanted to look at all the options.

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bastathecat, I have been looking at these too - ironically also doing Esprit! - and we need 6 passes altogether so would be sooo much easier if I can just get them picked up in one go saving a bucket load of cash in the mean time, thank you for posting the same query!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We ordered ours online and they came in the post.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where is your ski school meeting point?

The ski pass office at the top of resort is;

Rond Point des Piste Ski Pass Office, Alpe d'Huez
Lift Pass office at the Telepherique des Grandes Rousses
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

We ordered ours online and they came in the post.

+1

Very easy. If I remember correctly, if you need a pass for an under 5, you will need to go to the pass office with proof of age, but otherwise, delivery to the UK is the easiest option. They were delivered very quickly too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rachelharrisonsmith, @nem, thank you for the UK post reassurance, better get on and order them before we go, saving some beer money for holiday Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow, just tried this online as opposed to buying through the TO.
Buying a family pass, 2 adults and two 17 yr olds, plus 2 extra 17 yr olds, (6 in total) 1185 euros (approx £870)
Lift passes for same group with major TO £1200.00
Shocked Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did you get an early bird discount?

Not all resorts do it but many offer 10%/20% discounts if you buy early online.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy