Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone up for doing Whistler, Revelstoke and Lake Louise?

Poster: A snowHead
I've suddenly had this tremendous urge to ski Revelstoke. It just looks so perfect in every way.

Having looked at the map it would seem about a days drive from Vancouver or Calgary.
So it would seem sensible to do a bit of a road trip to do Whistler, Revelstoke and Lake Louise.

Canadian Affair do flights for about £500
Car hire for something reasonable for two weeks, picking up at Vancouver Airport and dropping off at Calgary airport, about £450
Lift passes and hotels - 4 days in each resort looks about £750, possibly less.

So a group of 2 or more are looking at about £1500 including flights, accommodation and lift passes

At the minute I'm considering the Birthday bash again in February but, If I can find some like minded individuals then a Canadian 2 week trip could be rather amazing. I guess March would be the ideal month - not to cold at Lake Louise and not too warm at Whistler.

I did Whistler quite a few years back with through Canadian affair and it was quite reasonable. I think something similar could be done again that would be awesome skiing, great fun and good value.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
*too not to cold
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm plotting a 2 week trip to Whistler immediately after the OffPiste bash (so last two weeks of March) - happy to align where possible.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
HI there - sounds like a good idea....many takers?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hmmmm, sounds great, Very tempted, keep me in the loop please Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ill be in canada for three weeks solo around that time , planning on ten days in whistler area , and will definitely be doing revelstoke and then some touring options in interior bc , so would love to join in the fun if paths cross snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll be there late Feb/early March : 3 centre trip to Banff(LL/Sunshine) - RMR - KHMR . Just praying now that the El Niño doom-mongers are proved wrong rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fixx wrote:
I'm plotting a 2 week trip to Whistler immediately after the OffPiste bash (so last two weeks of March) - happy to align where possible.

The last 2 weeks of March might suit me dandy, as its a bank holiday here with Paddys Day. Would this be a good time for the OP!?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was thinking about Whistler 31 Jan for max 16 days, one or two others may come too. It might be nice to do other resorts too. Whats your take on El Nino? I've heard mixed reports about it's effact on PNW area.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
speachmaus wrote:
I was thinking about Whistler 31 Jan for max 16 days, one or two others may come too. It might be nice to do other resorts too. Whats your take on El Nino? I've heard mixed reports about it's effact on PNW area.

Some previous info on this topic here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=81038&highlight=

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 29-10-15 18:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@horgand, the link doesn't work!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@cameronphillips2000, I'd be so up for this next season .... Sad Sad Sad Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
I've suddenly had this tremendous urge to ski Revelstoke. It just looks so perfect in every way.

It may be*, when it has snow (which it didn't later on last season). Having done a few Canadian tours, book your flights, book your car, but choose your itinerary when you're there. The more snow sure LL and Sunshine become your good friends.

*The climb from the top of the Stoke to access the best of the bowl is seriously steep (uphill) and when you get to the top, with lungs bursting, you may not appreciate the herbal cloud emanating from the resident hippy commune.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Conditions at RMR today
http://www.revelstokemountainresort.com/uploads/webcams/gnome.jpg
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
speachmaus wrote:
@horgand, the link doesn't work!!

I'll try again just copying& pasting the link from my browser on my tablet, so hopefully it will work:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=81038&highlight=
snow report
Say Hi to Norman the Gnome for me, you'll have to find him hiding in his own pen at the top of the Shredder Lift.

Dont forget to stop at least a day in Kicking horse ... halfway tween Revelstoke & Lake Louise.

Enjoy!
latest report
Check there is snow, several resorts in Vancouver didn't open last year
snow conditions
HI: Paul here in Whistler's Creekside.
It's coming- but how and when; who knows ? There is snow in the alpine and it goes down to mid-station...
Thin but encouraging. Bad Weather Good !!
Looks like a crappy few days coming at us... So who knows ? We seemed to be a few Celcius warmer than 'average' but this seems to have cooled in... a day. With our fuked up Jet Stream and the warm Blob and a gozilla el Nino in the works... who can say ?
Go Here Now for just the best Pacific Coastal info. Wayne Flann is a a very senior patroller/avi-dude on blackcomb and has a great blog- with great links to snow news from around the globe...
http://www.wayneflannavalancheblog.com/2011/11/another-active-day-on-mountains.html#more
snow report
HI, I'll be out in Panorama 12-21 March (doing a course but have the last weekend free).
snow report
Just dropping back in to this thread - I'm now booked and will be in Whistler from 20th Mar - 3rd April. Only dates I could do, due to work and Off-Piste bash.

Happy to meet up with anyone around! I've on the 4-day "The Camp" 28th-31st March though.
latest report
okay, I've read so much about the great snow in Whistler..... I want to go now... for this new years!!
(FYI I also posted this in the whistler weather thread, so apologies, but time is of the essence)

So if anyone knows of any reasonable accommodation, or is looking for someone for a house/apartment share, a good deal on a hotel, etc,etc I would be very, very keen to hear from you asap....

I'm tidy, i'lll be skiing all day and know a few people who will be knocking around town, so you'll hardly know I was there.
I'm looking to go to Whistler from around Dec 26th to Jan 9th. (I am a ~purple level skier who likes to ski lift served off piste)

thanks in advance,
Horgand

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 18-12-15 0:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
FYI , for anyone travelling out to canada from march 2016 onwards

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
ski holidays
a bit of good old BC stoke ..............
Big Red Cats -December 15, 2015 from Bob Legasa-Freeride Media
https://vimeo.com/149157482
snow report
http://www.snoworks.co.uk/stromchasers.html
a great itinerary for anyone planning going solo to canada this winter
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy