Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2015 - 2016

Poster: A snowHead
The new lift passes for next season are now on sale and the lifts for the summer season have closed! There is even a dusting of fresh snow high on the mountains after the bad weather we have been having. Guess it is time to start the new Les Arcs thread for the coming season.

I will add all the normal links tomorrow when I have more time. If anyone else wants to kick them off tonight please do. Just please do check they are still working as some from last season have changed.

For owners, if you have not done so yet, you need to go to the owners page on the Les Arcs web page and make sure you are still registared for the coming season if you collect the owners points to get discounts. Might only apply to some people. The link is on the Les Arcs web page or in the email they just sent out.

More to follow. Hope everyone has a good winter. They even have most web cams turned on right now!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm in the process of getting a small place in Les Arc and I am super excited and can't wait to get out there. I am very lucky. Looks like a trip out in November all being well to find shops for curtains, bedding etc as well as general shops and best way to get around the villages, look at lift pass options etc.
Fingers crossed for a fantastic ski season
Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ipken, Where are you looking at?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good luck ipken - it's good fun kitting out and doing up an apartment but be prepared for some surprises. Like a normal size tin of emulsion in France costing about €50 or more Shocked....

We looked at a few places in Les Arcs and Les Menuires - but bought a small apartment in Tignes in the end. 8 years later we still love the place - and every minute we are there, winter and summer Very Happy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Like a normal size tin of emulsion in France costing about €50 or more Shocked

Gulp - I have never paid anywhere near that much
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been eagerly waiting for this thread to start up. Very much looking forward to the season, glad to have this group to share my excitement with!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking at 1800. Looking forward to the season and picking up lots of knowledge from the posters on here as well as sharing what bits I have.😀
Massive learning curve and lotsnof reading about simple things like WiFi etc. Already looking at webcams !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I realise it's over 3 months in the future but I'll be driving from Essex to Bourg over night on the evening of the 18th of December and will have room for at least one passenger for a donation towards fuel.
Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quick reminder. Discounted weekly ski passes need to be bought before end of October. Discounted season passes must be bought before end of November! Details and link on Les Arcs web page. More news to follow next week. Rather busy right now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah...................
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
1st nice picture of 2015/2016. snow Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yeeee!! cant wait !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here's hoping for plenty more!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alas poor friend..

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bertie bassett wrote:
alas poor friend..
Can't quite see the sense in this. It was an invaluable lift in busy times, and when it was quiet it wasn't used.
ski holidays
A huge mistake taking this lift out.
ski holidays
^ +1 ... although if you weren't quick at the top it could catch you a nasty clip on the head. Confused Confused
snow report
It was ooooollllllldddddd. Maybe it was past it's 'sell by' date. I look down on those in 1800. And up at those in 2000. I was snowing again 13th/14th. Big dump towards the Big White Lump.
ski holidays
+1 though an absolute nightmare to get off on a board Skullie Skullie
ski holidays
Transarc 23/09/2015/ Nice Madeye-Smiley Cool

ski holidays
OOh. And snow on the 1950 village webcams too!

http://www.arc1950.com/webcams-meteo-la-station-en-live.html
ski holidays
Hurrah for snow!
ski holidays
Blimey! That's loads! Am missing LA for the first time in years this season. Might come back in spring if the conditions are good, but giving Dolomites a go in January. Will keep the snow dance going for both Smile
snow conditions
An update from les Arcs. Just posted some photos of the area in Autumn over on the Les Arcs winter page in the Autumn 2015 album. Take a look, the snow is coming slowly. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter

The snow for the winter just arriving. Still quite warm when the sun is out, but getting colder at night! Sorry about any typing errors. I have found out that using a tablet screen with frost bite damaged nerve ending in your fingers does cause problems. Be warned, keep your fingers and toes warm this winter or ýou might end up with the same problem. Think I might start using the key board again.

Even with a dusting of snow up top it is early days to guess what the winter will bring, fingers crossed for a good season. Remember if you want a discount on your weekly lift passes you need to apply online before end of October. For season passes you have until end of November. The work on the lifts is progressing, but still not 100% confirmed that the new lifts will open on time. Hope so! The work on various pistes is nearly finished and should make it easier to get around later in the season with more snow canons working (hope they have enough water). The plans for the film festival during the first week of the season are well advanced. Full film programme coming start of November. More news as I get it. Time to start getting your winter gear ready!

Here are a few links worth saving:

Lift passes: http://lesarcs.paradiski.com/en/

Les Arcs tourist web page: http://en.lesarcs.com/ski/skiing-area.html

Les Arcs webcams: http://en.lesarcs.com/webcams.html

Local Weather info: French meteo (where all the other sites get their info from)
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/les-arcs-bourg-st-maurice/73700

Hope this update helps with your planning.
snow report
An answer to haigie from the OLD thread. LET'S use this thread now as the new season is arriving.

@haigie, welcome to being a seasonniare and are you working or just hanging out? I ski down often. It is off piste and the route is tricky as mentioned above, but if enough snow then fun to do. Even at night although of course I am not suggecting you do that rolling eyes , but you will need a head touch for the forest and a full moon!! If you go over to my Les Arcs Winter facebook page and make a post you can meet many others out for the season. I ski or board most days even in bad weather so let me know if you have arvy gear and want to meet up.

Not sure where anyone had the idea there was ever a marked and prepared piste the whole way to Bourg. I have lived here for over 30 years and the piste they tried to build only went to La Grange. They built one tunnel to ski under the road by the lift at La Grange which is still there, but not anything else as far as I can remember. ,

Maybe with all the young racers in Arc 1600 coming up from Bourg now they will add the bridges. That is all it would take to make it an easier ski down.
snow report
@snowcrazy, I am going back to when there was a chair lift from Bourg up to Les Granges and another from Les Grange to above Arc1600 as well as the telepherique. Probably during the 1970s. I never did the piste myself but do recall passing under a few bridges on the way up which I assummed were the remnants of the piste. When I get home tonight I will try and find an old piste map.
snow conditions
@johnE, Yes, thinking hard I do remember those lifts, but I do not think there was a real piste just a way to ski down which we still use these days more or less. You can still get to Hauteville Gordon quite easily across the roads and fields. Would be really interesting to see an old piste map from those day. I still have one from the eighties but not earlier. If you or anyone else has an old piste map please do share it. It would be very interesting to compare the routes we take down these days.
snow report
@snowcrazy, I have dug out an old piste map circa 1983 that shows a red piste called Piste de Bourg st Maurice going more or less directly down to the road under the telepherique cable from Les Granges, then heading south towards Montrigon then more or less directly down to Bourg. I also have an old map circa mid 70s (before any construction at Arc 2000 and showing the drag lifts to the Deux Tete (now an off piste route down), Combourciere and col du Fretes. Sadly at the moment I cannot mount the images on snowheads, but if you like I will email them to you if you pm me an email address (don't if you do not want me to).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would love to see them also. I can upload them to snowheads for you if you like.
snow conditions
@ringingmaster, pm me an email address and I will send them to you
snow conditions
@johnE, I'd love to see the development of the area too. You'll get a pm in a moment!
snow report
Here is @johnE's piste map. I will get it hosted tomorrow to get higher resolution.
snow conditions
Thanks for sharing the piste map. Sending you PM later. Interesting how so much has changed. I shall try and upload my old piste map later today as well. Think it is from 1988.
snow report
@snowcrazy, can't wait to get out!!! Will keep an eye on the FB page!
We arrive on Dec 1st - managed to financially avoid relying on having a job but will be looking for something part time I guess - anything that gets me cheaper beer! rolling eyes Blush
snow report
@snowcrazy, also, fully equipped for off piste excluding avvy bag... Are there decent places that rent them out?
Any off piste material regarding LA or LP you'd recommend?
Only finding fairly extreme routes ao far
snow conditions
12/10. Snowing..........
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, snowHead
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, No matter how busy work is I can always find time to look at a snowy webcam. Madeye-Smiley Cool
snow report
I was only looking at the webcam yesterday wishing it looked a little more like winter snowHead
snow report
Sorry but cannot work out how to load my old piste map onto page using this tablet thing. If you want to see the old piste map please go to the les arcs winter facebook page. It is interesting as it clearly shows the old route down to bourg.

Haigie, send me a PM over on the facebook page if you fancy meeting up. If you look at the old photos from last season on my les arcs winter facebook page you will see there are load of places to ride which are not extreme. But most of us do have abs bags as an added bit of protection. Renting one is not a good option if you are out all season. If you look online you can pick one up quute cheaply these days. If ihear of a cheap one for sale i will let you know.

Nice photo, it changed fast from the weekend. Now just looking out the window of the office at the bad weather before heading of to warmer places tonight. Will try and post again next month. Hope everyone else keeps up with any news. Only 6 weeks to go before i get my skis back on! Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy