Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drug use high among skiers and boarders

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Do these Australian stats reflect drug use among young skiers/boarders generally? Maybe I'm out of touch, but 77% of all surveyed "had taken an illicit drug the night before" in one resort, 97% had drunk alcohol - I wonder if any European resorts have a rep for rave culture as in Jindabyne, the Australian resort concerned.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pas is great - everyone drinks loads every night - if theyre not drinking its probably because theyre still recovering from the night before

Drugs I dont think soooo many people do them there- police out there put the fear of god into you! ( horrid stories of strip searching and being left naked in a cell over night etc etc)

Id imagine it was more workers than holiday makers who use drugs in most resorts really.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I doubt if the drug figures are as high in European snowsport resorts. I met a couple of guys looking for some in La Plagne and they failed to score. Bar staff (admittedly also Brits) were unable or unwilling to assist. The old whacky baccy must be there somewhere but for visitors it didn't seem to be too easy to obtain.
There is a perception that the boarders use more than others - is this true ?

Alcohol - that's a different story. I own up to an ample sufficiency every night on my ski trips. But not usually enough to induce a hangover to spoil the next day. Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kuwait_ian wrote:
I doubt if the drug figures are as high in European snowsport resorts. I met a couple of guys looking for some in La Plagne and they failed to score. Bar staff (admittedly also Brits) were unable or unwilling to assist. The old whacky baccy must be there somewhere but for visitors it didn't seem to be too easy to obtain.
There is a perception that the boarders use more than others - is this true ?

It's only ever boarders I've seen smoking joints on a ski lift.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Every year in France we encounter folk having a spliff at some point during our trip. I grew out of the stuff when I left Uni (many moons ago) but one of our number has been known to acquire gange in resort without much bother.
Does anyone know what the French law is regarding the stuff? I have assumed that it's similar to the UK but I've recently noticed a major increase in the openness of spliff smokers in the towns that I visit regularly (Aix en Provence, Marseille, Annecy, Grenoble)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The underlying law hasn't changed since 1970 - a prison sentence and big fine is possible for a user alone. However there have been a succession of government statements and white papers which qualify and confuse the situation. In the late 90s someone in Paris got 3 months for growing one plant in his garden, another guy got something like a £2000 fine and 6 months for possession of 3 grammes. But on the whole a user now seems only likely to be charged for repeat offences, and the Guigou paper in 1999 seems to have influenced things in this direction - it stresses that alternatives to strict legal procedings should be given priority, depending on circumstances warnings given with or without encouragement to undergo therapy, social reinsertion classes etc etc. So smoking a spliff today is unlikely to get anyone in big trouble. That said it's a typical French situation - the drug hasn't been decriminalised, and to the best of my knowledge it is still classified as a class A drug, so the potential for heavier penalties is still there, if a gendarme takes a dislike to you!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy