Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
Thinking of going to Solden late March. Any recommendations for B and B's and which of the two main lifts is it best to stay near?
Been mainly going to Ischgl last 5 years and always had Solden on hit list.
Any thoughts appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garni Granat near the Giggijoch

Its a short stroll to the lift and a very nice hotel/ B&B. Close to bars and restaurants and directly opposite the swimming pool/ sports centre.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Garni Jacqueline, just about 200m from the Gaislachkoglbahn. http://www.jaqueline-soelden.at/

Also has Haus-Kathrin (next door - it is Jacqueline's daughter's place): http://www.appartementhaus-kathrin.at/willkommen.html

Cheap as chips B&B across the river: http://www.wilhelm-soelden.at/ - but don't ask for a single - I did and ended up in a big room but the "facilities were to say the least cramped! wink )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Solden - just named as one of the locations for the next James Bond film.

I preferred to stay out of town in Zwieselstein (loads of B&Bs on the Solden tourist office website) but in town, I think near to the Gaislachkoglbahn is better for fewer queues at the lift etc, the Giggijochbahn area is where the main 'nightlife' etc is.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LOTA,

Bond! That's ace! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great stuff. Will look at all of your suggestions. What's the preference re. Lifts..Stay near Gaislachkoglbhan or Giggijochbahn?! From what I've read, big queues at Giggijochbahn?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Less queuing at the Gaislachkoglbahn, but the skiing is a little more fierce whether you decamp at mid-station or go to the top!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@harvey13,

I was there for the elecrtric festival week (april 12) when david guetta was in playing the glacier. We stayed Giggi side as above - no queues to worry about.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hotel Garni Sunshine is reasonably priced and has use of pool and sauna across road. Is about as close as you can get to Giggijochbahn.

We are going to be in Solden when they film Bond Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sold.Will stay Giggi lift side.Got some beginners in the team. Go up lift, sling them out at the bottom of all the blue runs that side and meet them at a bar somewhere at the bottom.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Garni Sunshine - is it as noisy as the trip advisor review suggests?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From it's location I would say almost certainly, it is part of Party Central. The disco in the basement would be the biggest No-No for me as the bass reverberates throughout a building regardless of how well soundproofed it is.

It is a relatively new building on the right as you enter the Giggijoch car park area. Great location for the lifts and the umbrella bars - within easy staggering distance of both. I prefer the other end of town personally. I drive down to the Giggijoch if I need to and park in the multi-storey car park for free, I can have a drink at the end of the day and still be OK to drive back to my accommodation.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Sue.

It's the driving back to the accom at the end of the day I really want to avoid!

I suspect that the car will be parked up and we'll be using the skibus.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Garni Sunshine: I didn't notice it being particularly noisy unless you opened a window. I was on main street side, slept like a log. But then again we were out fairly late.

Great coffee at breakfast, big bean 2 cup machine.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone know what's currently being built at the top of the Giggijoch gondola? Although not much going on today with over a foot of snow.
snow report
new lift going in:
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=38575&start=2700
snow conditions
Do you have any more info when it is open?
latest report
Glacier is already open and the race teams are training there ready for the opening races in a months time.
snow conditions
@MichaelHill, no idea sorry. Hopefully they know that winter is on its way Smile
snow report
Don't stay in Hoch Solden unless you want to go to bed at 9:15
Because there is nothing else to do.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy