Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2015-16

Poster: A snowHead
Bluebird today and lots of snow. More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=122835&highlight=

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting conditions on the hill today. Raining up to about 2000m on the way up. The snow was in great condition in Lac de Vaux, a bit wetter down to La Chaux and Ruinettes. Temps dropped during the day and it continued to snow with the snowline dropping down to the village. Off piste is heavy and deep with a lot of snow having fallen over the last few days. With more forecast and temps dropping further it should set things up beautifully for the second half of Jan snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last day of a 2 week trip...we have certainly seen some variation in conditions!

As of today everything above Ruinnettes is in superb condition.
The Off-Piste is loaded, but beware of avalanche risks, the pistes are perfect.

Easy to ski all the way down to town, lots of snow, but wetter in structure.

Driving home tomorrow
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there anybody in situ that can provide an update on conditions?? Coming out in two weeks. I see that plenty is forecast in the coming days, but wondering whether there is much of a base.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is there anybody in situ that can provide an update on conditions?? Coming out in two weeks. I see that plenty is forecast in the coming days, but wondering whether there is much of a base.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rain snow limit has hovered between 1500 and 2000 the last few days meaning the base is very thin at the bottom, but up high will still be growing. Looking at the forecast the thin base should freeze and with fresh on top it should hopefully be excellent conditions for the second half of January.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most of the skiing is above Les Ruinettes (2200m) where the base is good. Attlelas (2700m) snow depth has just gone above the seasonal average and with another 50cm forecast should be well above by the end of this week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you very much. Sounds good, but let's also hope that the new snow arrives.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BobinCH, a(nother) lovely photo from last week. Very Happy

@dpfisher, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stand corrected above the snow measurements are at Ruinettes where the base is now over 1m and above seasonal average as of this morning

% of seasonal average across CH - looks pretty good overall

The last 24hrs measured at 9.30 this morning

And update at 12:45 of last 24 hrs from the auto measure stations

Most of it fell this morning and it's still going strong

Pretty impressive snow info available on slf
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like a Bruson day tomorrow
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HUGE...HUGE amount of snow fell yesterday...I can't post a photo from here, but am working on it via Bobinch I hope.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You wot mate? Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Top of Attelas?
snow report
Yes exit from Funispace. Posted on the V4V Facebook page
ski holidays
Superb again at Bruson today. More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2827037#2827037

snow report
Ever seen Mont Gélé looking as white?
snow report
Anyone skiing tomorrow?
latest report
Great conditions but be careful out there... More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=123166&highlight=

snow conditions
Started off in Bruson today as the visibility wasn't great and was rewarded with great, fresh powder and no crowds.

Now moved over to Verbier and after a few good runs it's snowing again so I'm taking a long lunch until it dies down again. Verbier is reasonably busy for a Saturday but there's no real queues apart from that for my cheeseburger.
latest report
Busy? I thought it was empty. Lovely day yesterday with sunshine. One of the deepest days ever today! More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2830240#2830240

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 17-01-16 22:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
wonderful pic snowHead
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
Busy? I thought it was empty.

Well, the parking at Le Chable was out to the overflow parking, which looked like it had been pretty much full when I returned late afternoon. So, for a Saturday, it was reasonably busy but without any queues of note.
snow report
100% superb conditions on and off piste.

Be sensible off piste...a big slide mid way between Creblets and Col de Mines that crossed a multitude of traverse lines
snow report
Blue sky Saturday. Is there any powder left?
ski holidays
Superbowl opened yesterday. More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2835819#2835819

snow report
Fantastic day in Verbier today, pistes in great shape, no over crowding and turquoise blue skies....utter joy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pistes still tip top. Still some powder to be found but there's hiking to be done. Barry's bowl skiing nicely although the entrance is quite a challenge. Looks like we may get 10cm overnight Sunday which will be great.
snow report
Blue skies. Fast pistes. Chez Dany. More snow coming. Life's good!
snow conditions
Sadly the new snow turned to rain to nearly 3,000m. Incredible rain crust off piste, pistes below Ruinettes feel like they've been race prepared!

At least it's warm and sunny.
ski holidays
put some fresh on that crust and it is going to be very risky indeed off piste Sad
latest report
Snowed all day yesterday, down to the valley floor from lunchtime onwards. Lots of wind up top so likely to be some lovely snow in pockets.

As @rungsp, said prudence required off piste today.
snow conditions
Looks good
http://youtube.com/v/-Zk8Xomp7nE
ski holidays
Lucked out yesterday. Skiing down past lac 2 chair just as it started to roll. Jumped on, 30cm fresh, chassoure unskied and one guy in front of us on the chair. We get to the top and he TURNS RIGHT back down into the lac!!!

I have never opened chassoure before and it was phenomenal. We came back round and did it again before heading up to Mt Fort which was also lovely, but a little wind compacted.

Snowed again last night. Excellent conditions on and off piste and finally it feels cold.
snow report
Lucky boy @Steve Sparks, I nearly managed it once but my "friend" nipped past with a "no friends on a powder day" shout.

Still, 2nd down was pretty enjoyable. Very Happy snowHead
latest report
Fabulous day yesterday with mates, across the 4 valleys to col d'etygeon, love lunch at Bois Sauvage, and a relaxing cruise back.

Conditions fabulous everywhere.

Looks very windy today. Meteosuisse issued a warning for 70-90kph winds in Verbier from noon onwards. Could see some lift closures.
latest report
I'm staying near Sion Feb 13-21 and looking for some ski buddies for either off piste or day tours. Anyone around?
latest report
If you've got some cash go with these guys

http://youtube.com/v/xklm0hrwR_E
snow conditions
Couldn't agree more @BobinCH, just notched up my 10th powder camp with them in 10 years and still discovering new lines!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy