Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
I have scarcely given a thought to skiing since last March, but now there is snow on familiar ground, I am getting all obsessed. Is there any cure?

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Bish wrote:
Is there any cure?

Answer: No. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh dear. And that's a medical opinion too! It was great to ski with you, @Jonpim, and Jean last year. Bev is a lot more mobile than she was this time last year too, and apart from a heart-attack and a bike crash, I am fine. Hope we might be able to get together again this season.

snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Bish, i'll be in all the old familiar places, at the usual times.
There is a beer awaiting - assuming you are allowed to drink after your eventful year . . .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I definitely owe you a beer. Mont de la Guerre was a great experience.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, Jonpim, Where, which run? Oh I know that one, thats never open snowHead
We don't want too many folks knowing about it do we ..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boredsurfin, I think they already do, it was heaving most of the time it was open last year.

Obviously far too dangerous now and should be avoided at all costs.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skichampcouk, Quiet right and its also an awful way to return to Champagny when a nice comfy gondola gets you back rather easily snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another good covering of snow
overnight

http://laplagne.roundshot.co/montalbert/

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 22-11-15 11:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, boredsurfin, looking real lovely from top to bottom. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And on the Montchavin webcam you can see displayed across the bottom of the screen the cheery change from 16:00 on 20th to 10:00 on 21st
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bev thinks she will be able to ski this year again. I am more excited than a kid at Christmas! Looks like snow well down the valley on the webcams, and the GFS runs are showing colder than normal temperatures. I wonder why the cannons aren't on....

snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish wrote:
I wonder why the cannons aren't on....

Good point, either
A) they know theres no point as its going to get warmer again Sad
OR
B) There is no point as nature is doing their job snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Or they're all still in bed coz its Sunday Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim, they must be up now, snow blowers a blown'
http://laplagne.roundshot.com/montalbert/#/?imgid=13868352
latest report
They're blowing again this morning Very Happy

And some lucky buĝĝars have been skiing already! snowHead
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/becoin
snow report
@Jonpim, hard won, but I guess they would have driven up to the top of Aime 2k and then hiked across 😀
ski holidays
I originally assumed he/they had skidood up.
But at least one may have walked - spotted him (her?) 4pm on Sunday here
Not many tracks come 4pm (or maybe its the light), but the tracks are all there by 10am yesterday.
(you can see i've got a very busy day today rolling eyes )
snow conditions
Looking forward to getting out there for NY week. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
New Montalbert Gondola seems to be operating with all cars this morning - proper testing after the 3 lonely cabins which were sent down a week or so ago.

http://laplagne.roundshot.com/montalbert/

The season is almost upon us!
latest report
Picture of the new Gondola running at full sped during testing today.
https://twitter.com/montalbert73/status/669896561736945666
ski holidays
Anyone have any idea how much a season rental for skis might cost in La Plagne? Got everything else, and I would buy a pair myself, but I've only got a few weeks of skiing under my belt and figure it might be better to figure out what kind of skis I need before going and buying a specific pair.
snow conditions
Hi All

My daughter finishes school on the 16th Dec, and I was hoping to get out for the 17-23 Dec. (I know it is midweek etc. but we need to be back for Xmas). I am itching to book something especially given the odd dates.

My question to those with local knowledge and historical experience is, should I still be waiting to see if the snow is going to fade Sad , as per last year, or given the current levels of snow, which looks promising, could I be reasonably confident there will be a number of pistes open by the 17th.

I know there are no crystal balls etc. just looking for some historical reference points

snowHead
snow report
LeFou wrote:
Anyone have any idea how much a season rental for skis might cost in La Plagne? Got everything else, and I would buy a pair myself, but I've only got a few weeks of skiing under my belt and figure it might be better to figure out what kind of skis I need before going and buying a specific pair.

Given that a week's hire is about £100 I'd buy your own. The shop should advise on what's best.
snow conditions
Hi @newby,

With such a big snowfall this early on, and a bit more forecast, my thoughts are that there is a very high likelihood of good skiing for the first week of the season Happy

La Plagne opens with a staggered start so they begin by opening the higher areas on the 12th December and then lower areas (including the Vanoise express) open gradually during that week with everthing open by the Saturday 19th.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report
Not so sure about "big snow fall" - yes above 2500m its good - but as you descend its not quite so good 30cm at 2000 and only 15 or so at 1400. That said every bit is better than nothing and we have time for more!
latest report
newby, "Local knowledge and Historical Experience" are of no use when it comes to the weather.
Anything can happen.
You will find all sorts of opinions if you run round the interweb.
At best, you can say with reasonable confidence there will be "a number of pistes open by the 17th" - just how many is anyone's guess.
Whatever, i go out on the 16th, so the 17th will be my first day as well.
Fingers crossed. You can do no more.
snow report
Jonpim, I'm there from the 19th, until mid Jan, we really should get together and eat those promised HobNobs snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, you know, those hobnobs must be over 5 years old by now . . .
Maybe i should get a new packet Smile
latest report
Quick reminder the discount on season passes ends on Dec 1st - get in soon before their server crashes again Toofy Grin
www.skipass-laplagne.com
latest report
Looking pretty stunning this morning - and they've obviously been up bashing since the snow yesterday

http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/les-coches-information/resort-webcams-la-plagne-les-coches
snow report
Snow and Sunshine, nice to have all those webcams on one page.
But still some anxiety - the Bergerie webcam continues to show conditions form a year ago: November 20th, 2014.
And we all know what happened to that . . . Sad
snow report
Perso la plagne is the best site (for lots of things La plagne) but also webcams
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Webcams.htm
At last look they are showing C. 25 cams, most of which are operational.
snow conditions
Thanks all.

Ahhhhhh ..... I know I shouldn't be looking at the weather the whole time, but can't help myself

I still have nothing booked as I read things may be warming up a tad, and I have no idea what that will bring. Son 1 going to Sauze with the school on 15 Dec, and I keep telling him, don't worry it could all change in 1 night.....

I think I should just turn this wonderful interweb thingy off for a couple of days and let nature take it's course. I might also get some work done.
ski holidays
@Jonpim, odd I know - we don't know whats going on with the Bergerie cam - usually working well before now.

Hope they get it fixed or we'll have to change the cams on the site (and given I'm not very technical that might take a while!)

Does anyone else know?
snow conditions
@Charliee, - looking good - nice to see everything white Happy
ski holidays
Snow and Sunshine, they do seem a bit dopey at La Plagne just now.
Piste map is still last year's, so doesn't show the supa-dupa new Montalbert Gondola.
And the video on the front page is also from last year.
ski holidays
Maybe they're all out playing in the snow! Despite the scaremongering in the papers its looking pretty amazing in my opinion. I didn't ski last year so really excited about this year - can't wait!
snow conditions
Does anyone know if the lift / elevator that takes (pedestrians) from the middle of Belle Plagne up to the accommodation at the top end of the village has been fixed for this season? I was there last season and it was out of service and looked like it had been for quite some time - bit of a hike up the stairs on an evening after a good helping of Tarteflette and a few grand bieres!
latest report
@chopkins13, Probably best ask the question here....
http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewforum.php?f=55&sid=4a4e46d66bfd19c28e8b9b71ed1e8125
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy