Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
They only had one gondola running this morning - but of a scrum to get over to Les Arcs but fine getting home.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heading out on Sunday - can't wait!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonpim, never actually met another snowhead in real life, but am arriving in Less Coches tomorrow, would be great to change that Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, the plan for the final day was to spend the morning in les Arcs and work our way back to la Plagne to finish out the holiday.
Best laid plans & all that. We got a bit distracted on the way over to Arpette and ended up in Arc 1600 on lots of pistes that were devoid of skiers and a couple that hadn't been skied on at all (That area has been quiet all week with few if any queues). Needless to say we took advantage of the empty runs before popping over into 1950 for an excellent lunch in Luigi's and a few laps of the grand col before heading back over to la Plagne via a couple of trips down les bosses.
We never did get to ski in la Plagne today, but had a great final day nonetheless, finishing up with the obligatory libation in le Joli Bois (aka "Vanoise vin chaud") although today was too hot for their excellent white vin chaud but a cold beer certainly hit the spot.
All in all a great week here right across Paradiski. Sorry to be heading home, but all the best to those out next week and for the rest of the season.
Happy days, but thoughts & prayers are with the Clayton family.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely post cardweg, hope your journey home went ok.
Now its our last day as well (but we'll be back next month) - on the 09:31 train to Gare Lyon.
This last week was real fun: rain, blizzards, lots of new fluffy stuff, lovely sunshine, and windy yesterday afternoon at altitude.
And we found a new pic-nic place: take Geisha and stop at the corner between 2 huts: the left hut (up the hill) has table under a shelter if its grungy weather, but a couple of good mounds to sit on if its fine - as it was yesterday. Even gave us complete shelter from the wind.
Anyone coming out this weekend is in for a snowy week - enjoy snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, we had a great week with a variety of conditions, most of which were excellent. Sitting in Grenoble Airport right now and it is pouring with rain and 10 degrees.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a small point for those in La Plagne in the near future. The glacier was open yesterday, which it hadn't been all week. What I didn't know, when I ventured up there solo, was that the only way down is s steep and bumpy black. Not my normal options at all! OK, I got down, but if you are of a nervous disposition, be aware that the nice cruisy red way down depends on the Traversee lift which is yet to be fully dug out. As there was much snow heading that way again today, this might take a while.

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish, you could have taken the Gondola down . . . snowHead
I hope you spent some time on the Chalet de Bellecote runs - often missed but often more fun than up on the Glacier.
Maybe see you back in March?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonpim, I went up there to ski, not to gondle! Not that it looked much like skiing. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim wrote:
Lovely post cardweg, hope your journey home went ok.

Thanks Jonpim - relatively smooth return via Altibus to GVA and just delayed an hour on account of earlier fog pushing all the schedules back a bit.

Back to porridge today, but a great set of memories to dwell on until next time.

CW Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Raining today in Les Coches before lunch, turning to snow and settling from about 5 this evening. Now absolutely hosing down, but windy higher up. If the lifts don't get iced up, tomorrow is going to be good snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arrived home on Sunday after the best weeks skiing I've ever had.

Following the dump of snow on Wednesday (which we still went out in for a few hours), conditions Thu, Fri & Sat were spectacular.

Although I still haven't done any Reds (I'd psyched myself up to do Carina but when I got there, it was shut for race training) but did some Blues that I'd not tried before.

Chris Bish We must have been sat in Grenoble Airport at the same time. I got absolutely soaked walking to the plane
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ukredsox, We should have skied together. I think I could have got you down a red or two. They are very little different from the blue runs, for the most part.
snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another excellent video of a piste in La Plagne from Candice Gilg

http://youtube.com/v/caq3pcHKohI
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is that piste open now? It was shut last week.

You'll not catch me on it. I hate pistes with narrow, road sections
snow report
I went off the side of that in a white out. For some reason I just went left of one of the piste markers.

Much to the amusement of my chums
snow report
It's not open but relatively nice to ski until the end (did it this afternoon), where it turns into more of a dirt road than a piste... Don't know if we'll see it open again given how there's so little snow down the end.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an expert boot fitter and someone who knows a lot about where to place bindings in La Plagne? Persistent issues with some boots I bought here and I feel my skis should have been mounted a bit further back...
snow report
What a fantastic day this Saturday turned into, possibly my best day out skiing of the season so far, quick lunch now before heading out again. Great week ahead for all those arriving today!
latest report
Well done for venturing out first thing LeFou (I'm doing virtual skiing, looking at the webcams) - it looked rather awful with thick cloud and poor visibility, but then around mid-day the clouds faded away and you got blue sky with the whole place looking wonderfully white, right down to Montalbert. I bet you have a great afternoon snowHead
snow report
@Jonpim, Montchavin is even lower and white... wink
latest report
True, boredsurfin, Montchavin is lower, but there isn't a decent Webcam showing the place like the Montalbert one does - the views are really of Les Coches, aren't they?
snow report
@LeFou, indeed Saturday was an incredible day - one of my best! Be careful the snow pack is not so good with lots of wind blow but the trees are rocking! Anyone just arriving is in for a treat.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, just got round to watching your Mont de la Guerre video. I reckon you could sue for Gross Misrepresentation.
I've never seen that run so groomed. The section from the "road" at the top, down to the trees and beyond is always full of moguls - wonderful for some, but hell for many.
Similarly the bottom section where you can take the ziz-zag road: the cut-offs are also mogulled, but steeper and narrower so appear scarier.
Its a super run if you like that sort of stuff, but not if you ski like a Wheely-bin.
ski holidays
Quote:

but not if you ski like a Wheely-bin

Laughing
ski holidays
no seriously where have you wheely-bin! Laughing
snow conditions
If anyone is currently in LP could you please throw a snowball at the Bergerie webcam. Its stuck again
ski holidays
@Jonpim, The irony, of course, being that Candice was two or three times Ladies World Moguls champion ...
ski holidays
chopkins13, I would love the Wheely-bin idea to have been mine, but must give credit to Mrs Bish for coming up with the glorious concept.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, but I inspired it! I mean, credit where credit's due.

snowHead
snow conditions
Hi, so I'll be arriving to la plagne on Saturday, my plane lands at Chambery on 3:30 pm and since it's a french school holiday I was wondering if any can tell me if there are still traffic jams during that time and how long will the drive from the airport take?
ski holidays
@IAF08, its one of them - How long is a piece of string ? if your flight lands at 3:30 with no delays then you should be boarding your transfer/car at 4;30pm so expect to be in La plagne between 6:15 (Good run) and 10:30 (Bad run) Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I wish IAF08 a good journey. As cockofthenorth says: could be anything from plain sailing to standed. Do post how it goes.

As for La Plagne: clearly snowed a bit last night (http://www.la-plagne.com/infos-live/webcams.html)
And the Bergerie webcam is back in action snowHead
ski holidays
@IAF08, We went in the opposite direction (towards Chambery from Moutiers ) around 6pm last Saturday and the traffic wasn't horrendous going back towards Moutiers, a few delays but didn't seem particularly bad.
Our resort isn't going to be quite as busy this week so maybe there shouldn't be as much traffic as there was last week either.
ski holidays
@cockofthenorth and @skichampcouk, thanks for the answers, I really hope it won't be bad. I'll post an update when I get there Very Happy
snow conditions
Anyone know where I might be able to get airbag canisters refilled in station? Getting a BCA float bag and want to test it when it arrives, but need to get it refilled somewhere after...
ski holidays
Just booked for the 6th March, any other snowheads in Paradiski that week?
snow conditions
Just thought I'd update you all that the ride over to belle plagne on Saturday went just fine, it took us about 2 hours and there was no traffic. Yesterday was not too busy on the slopes but today you could see the slopes were crowded. Btw it snowed today at around 3pm and it's snowing now as well
snow report
IAF08, glad your journey went ok. 2 hours is about as good as you get for Chambery to La Plagne.
Enjoy the snow tomorrow snowHead
ski holidays
Had a great half-term week with my daughter. It was busy of course but it could have been worse

snow report
For reference, if you're looking for a good boot-fitter in La Plagne, go to Fabrice in Boudu Sports in 1800.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy