Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA Val D'isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning in getting a few friends out to Val D for some off-piste guiding. Most of us, skiers and snowboarders, spend as much time off-piste as possible. We're happy going down most things or as close to happy one can get going down some wind packed, icy couloir. It goes without saying that we live by the joys of powder in whatever form. Most have done off-piste with UCPA before (Argentiere/ Chamonix at intermediate and higher levels....confirme and maitresse?? Sp.) approximately 2 seasons ago and lots of skiing since. We found it hard but very rewarding and fun.

I'm trying to gauge how "expert" a skier one has to be as the website says 'expert skiers only'. Anyone with first hand experience of said course?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi I went to val a few years ago with ucpa doing exactly the same, off piste. "confirm " It was brillant, great food, ski in ski out right to the door..but no instruction just guiding the group I was were all young french lads born on skis....The skiing wasn't hard but the pace was......get to the gym spinning and running is my advice. If you can ski any piste any condition then your good enough.....I had some rossignol super 7 which are fat and wide..have fun...don't get the transfers it takes forever about 4 hrs...hire a car fly in Friday and drive up get yourself an extra day
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ady. We've been to the centre before and like it. Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just another idea for you....go to tigne ucpa don't book any tuition just use facility's (food kit and pass)then book a snow works off piste course and get the chance to do some helicopter ski...check out snow works on you tube...should be able to do it for £900
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Just another idea for you....go to tigne ucpa don't book any tuition just use facility's (food kit and pass)then book a snow works off piste course

I am not 100% convinced they will rent you the bad-ass fat skis if you aren't on one of the off-piste courses.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
correct - presumably dependent on the number of people there that week but I can confirm that having done a week of autonome/no instruction, the nice skis (rossingnol sin and soul 7s) were reserved for off piste course attendees.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been lucky enough to go 3 different ucpa now val thoren, chamonix and val disere and skis have never been an issue it fact I've been able to swap the skis during the week to suit the weather..but the saving you'd make on accommodation food and all would pay for heli skiing and fat ski hire if you..it was only a suggestion......have fun..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

but the saving you'd make on accommodation food and all would pay for heli skiing and fat ski hire

I don't think this holds true either, if you aren't instruction/guiding or ski hire there are cheaper ways to ski the alps. But anyway, I'm sure people can work out their sums themselves. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy