Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courier suggestions??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got some skis and boots that I am considering putting on Fleabay to sell but no idea where to start with costs and arrangements should someone not local buy them - any suggestions for companies who might be able to accommodate this?

Don't want to limit myself to buyer collect only if I can help it but if it's too much faff, I might just!

Or any other suggestions for getting rid of the darn things!

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DPD \ Interlink seem pretty good for 'normal' sized kit. It depends if there is a size limit for ski's.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have seen Paisely Freight can be good, and Parcelforce have become popular with canoeists for oversize items recently.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just used a company called SendItNow.com to shift some ski-sized car parts to someone. Quite reasonable imo but check your sizes...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go to http://www.interparcel.com & you'll find a number of couriers can be booked through them. Avoid the bucket shop contractors that use independent contractors (like Hermes etc). Their Interparcel Economy/Standard services are fully operated by UPS so you get their fully tracked/signed-for service at a fraction of the price you'd pay as a private customer. I've a commercial account with UPS & have sent thousands of parcels with them over the years & their service has been excellent. I'd also recommend DPD & TNT. The only service Parcelforce offer that'll take ski length parcels is their Express 48 Large service & it's a lot more expensive than the aforementioned couriers but they do go to the Highlands, Islands & remote places where the couriers either won't go or charge a surcharge so I only use Parcelforce in those situations.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ive shipped skis twice with Paisley Freight, had a good experience both times and they seemed to be the cheapest option.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.interparcel.com or www.parcel2go.com are the two I have used. Shipped my sons 130cm skis using interparcel and the cheapest was Parcelforce48 - £9.00. They actually delivered them the next day and the buyer was well pleased. You should be able to get any size shipped to most of mainland GB for no more than £16. That is what paisleyfreight quote for skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's great guys, more reasonably priced than I thought. I'd seek them with a padded ski bag that has survived many a French baggage handler so with a bit more padding from bubble wrap I'd hope that'd be okay.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jocrad, an alternative to the ski bag would be to pop in to your local ski shop and ask if they have any ski boxes/packing they are looking to get rid off. I was fortunate in that I had bought a couple of pairs of skis and had kept the boxes in the attic. They were both big but a bit of hacking with a Stanley knife reduced one down to fit my sons skis keeping it within the Pacelforce maximum length.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used this outfit to send a suitcase from Belfast to London, very reasonable when compared to other quotes for same item and very efficient. Happy to recommend them

https://www.sendmybag.com/

They do ski bags but do check the rates for them as I couldnt comment on that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Paisley Freight
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy