Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2015/2016

Poster: A snowHead
Are they taking advantage of the cold temps and getting the cannons fired back up?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
notverygoodatskiing wrote:
Are they taking advantage of the cold temps and getting the cannons fired back up?

Not so far
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boooooo, I'm sure they know what they are doing though
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@notverygoodatskiing, what cold temps?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it not around minus 2 in morzine?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Could be, it's a balmy 4C in Geneva but they won't waste water and lecky if it's unlikely to hold...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apparently minus 3 if I'm to believe my weather app, would of thought with the increased traffic coming up they would get as much snow down as possible, plus I'm going out in 3 weeks so I assumed they would know that and start prepping for me, strange.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@notverygoodatskiing, there's no base at all lower down, and no forecast long term cold. Anything they spray I expect is a waste of time and water. Above ? 1,500 is fine so there's plenty of skiing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Like @notverygoodatskiing, I shall be there in 3 weeks. Can we pleeeeeaaassssee have more snow lower down.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very lovely last morning skiing of our first half of the season on Mt Chery today. Came back all in one piece so ok for two ancient skiers.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike-H wrote:
Like @notverygoodatskiing, I shall be there in 3 weeks. Can we pleeeeeaaassssee have more snow lower down.

Agreed - arrive 28 Feb, and really want the Stade red run to be open as I spend three days crapping myself looking at it from the bottom, then decide to go down it on the afternoon of Day 4 at the worst possible time when the sun is on half of it but the other half is in the shade, and then spend the last two days saying I'll never go down it again. (secretly I am sure I would be delighted if State weren't open)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Came back all in one piece so ok for two ancient skiers.

snowHead Have a good journey back, @Pamski. It's certainly a sign of advancing age when you start being not just pleased, but a little surprised, to be all in one piece! I know that feeling...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well the webcams certainly look a lot nicer today, some might say it even looks like a ski resort again, madness
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A very decent day out started from Pre La Joux around 0920 and had a few runs Above Plain Dranse. Pistes in good nick with all the fresh battered down and lots of nice bits at the side.

Then over to Lindarets and eventually to our first queue at French Mosettes (no more than 2 mins). There was a massive difference over the Swiss side with great visibility, blue skies and even sun! Stacks of just side of piste fresh tracks.

Back over for lunch at Changabang but the sun then deserted us and a bit of light snow started. A few more runs around Avoriaz then back over to poor visibility and frozen up goggles. Tour chair had a queue but no more the 5 mins.

Now just below freezing at Petit Chatel (1300m)and light snow falling.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gonna be warm and sunny on the weekend, especially saturday. And here are some of the predictions for LG next week (sun-sat). I'd be happy with half of these if it comes off

Bergfex 100cm at 2000m
Icyblast 80cm at 1500m
Wunderground 70cm at 1300m
Bergfex 50cm at 1200m
YR 100cm at 1200m

I think there is still a slight risk of rain / sleet at times during the afternoon in resorts, but as things stand, forecast to stay relatively cold, in and around the zero mark, with plenty of snowfall
snow report
Heavy snow now currently in Morzine town center. Looking good for the weekend ahead!
ski holidays
Excellent, is there a morzine town live cam like the one in Les gets?
snow conditions
Still big time snowing in town. Not sure about webcams.
ski holidays
Live reports will have to do, every hour for the foreseeable future, thanks 😀
latest report
http://en.morzine-avoriaz.com/webcams.html

I think it's at the back of my favourite wine bar in the world
ski holidays
Max 10cm fell in town yesterday and over night.
ski holidays
Another 10cm overnight on top of my car (it was clear at 1700 yesterday). 1.5C at 1300m and bits of blue sky appearing.

I'm hesitant in making predictions but think the half term panicers can calm a little. With the extra forecast over the next few days it will not be a green mountain greeting you in a week's time.
ski holidays
Woo Hoo
snow report
Not being sarcy, really am happy 🙂
snow report
Forecast does state it's getting warmer the next 2 days though ?
ski holidays
@DaiSki,

Yes, with strong fohn tomorrow. Rain turning to snow on Sunday.
ski holidays
Sun afternoon - Wednesday looks really good, both weather models have it staying cold and snowy, after that, they diverge, GFS gets warm, ECM stays cold. But it's too far away to worry about. Avoriaz should see nothing but snow, whereas the lower towns will prob get a few wet hours, but predominantly snowy.

I've just sent my kid off to school with his cahier packed with lies about having to leave at midday today for a family outing. Powder shame.
snow report
Blue skies, sunshine out, trees all white and Mt Chery looking fantastic from our windows - as we continue packing up our chalet to disappear back to the UK for four weeks. Still, its always best to leave the place looking good!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the lovely updates @Pamski, have a safe journey back to the UK. I'm looking forward to your reports when you're back out as we're coming mid-March, much later than normal.
snow report
Great conditions past three days snowHead and lots more snow in the forecast. Enjoying it before the half term hordes descend!

Yesterday in particular was great, clear and sunny and still finding fresh tracks late afternoon snowHead
ski holidays
Another good day, skied some lovely runs around les gets with nice snow throughout. Runs down into Morzine were starting to look a little sorry for themselves by the end of the afternoon.
snow report
@sarah,
Quote:

before the half term hordes descend

we certainly saw plenty of these on our journey northwards this morning. And between Troyes and Reims an accident with a five mile queue, full of roof boxes and undoubtedly some frustrated motorists. Hope the snow stays good for everyone.
ski holidays
We stopped at the Aire de Chateauvillain today as it has a "Paul" cafe. Outside was like a roof box convention. Big queues Southbound at the pinchpoints. 9km of stationary at Chaumont. Heading North was spookily quiet.
snow conditions
Yep they've all arrived Sad
ski holidays
Just returned from a week in Chatel. Skiid mainly avoriaz (getting bus from pre la joux) in morning and skiing back to Chatel in afternoon. Beginning of week was like being back in Bulgaria. Very patchy and icy with hardly any snow above 1800. Got very wet on Sunday with rain falling lower down. Nice dump of snow Wednesday and thurs morning which really helped. Friday was beautiful skiing. We even managed to ski right down to bottom of super Chatel (albeit v v patchy and brown). Friday was v warm and we quickly noticed the snow melting off the trees by end of day. Lots of snow forecasted this week but more rain in the villages ! We were v lucky considering how bad the season has Been. I'm now ski expert, but this has deff been a poor year. Chatel is beautiful but v quiet (we were 10mins walk from main town). Avoriaz looked great fun and we'd stay there if we were to go back. A great ski area and hope anyone going over next few weeks has a great time
snow report
Sorry, no snow below 1800,not above it
snow conditions
Good morning, I would be really grateful if someone could give me an accurate picture as to the snow conditions in Chatel and the wider PDS (I fear that the online snow reports paint a whiter picture than it really is). We are due to fly out this coming Saturday 13th and the forecast for this week is not encouraging at all. We will be a family of 5 so whilst we were planning on skiing some of the wider PDS, inevitably we will be tied to Chatel to some extent with children's lessons. If the position really isn't great then we would consider switching resort. It's the one ski week of the year ...............

Many thanks
snow conditions
@brandlingsally, conditions now are not necessarily a good guide to conditions next week - there's a lot of snow in the forecast, down to low altitudes at times. Fingers crossed, it should be fine. It will be hard to change for the busiest week of the year and getting kids lessons, in particular, could be very difficult as they'll be booked up well in advance.
snow report
@brandlingsally, I skied chatel linga/pre la joux sector on Friday and conditions were superb - good snow cover, soft snow, powder piste-side, blue skies etc.

However, as Pam W mentioned, there's a lot to come this week with more snow, rain and varying temperatures.

In the town there isn't as much snow as usual, but the pistes were fine.

All that said, on balance I wouldn't be worried at all and especially not enough to change resort.

With it being half term holiday, I would suggest skiing more on the Super Chatel side, if conditons remain good, as it'll be quiter up there.

Have a great week.
snow report
How can the forecast for next week be in any way shape or form be described as 'not encouraging' ??

We're going to need snorkels up high. If you like sun then no luck. If you like snow, you've hit the jackpot. If you're coming the week after I would probably cancel as all the lifts will get shut for the big dig out wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy