Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Allues , should we ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of booking a Family trip to 3v for xmas. We like Meribel, but not the prices. We want a nice chalet and tbh nothing in Meribel is close to the piste anyway.

Can anyone tell me about Les Allues. Is the travel painful? We'll prob take the car, but I don't want long waits/ stress finding parking spaces. I don't do ski bus with kids!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As long as you get up early it's not stressful and easy to park. If you like a lie in finding a space at 10am or later may be more difficult

Otherwise drive to gondola in Les Allues, get on that anytime and don't worry about parking!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe not if having snow to play in outside your accommodation is crucial for the kids (it was to mine). Nothing guaranteed, obviously but how about Mottaret?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have stayed in Les Allues several times at half term. We are fans. At half term we had no problem parking at the Chaudanne every day around 10. Late risers can come up on the bubble and there is an ok bus service. Really good pub in the village with excellent and affordable pizzas la tsuvretta. Les Allues is the ante dote to Meribel, also easy to get to Le Praz.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Renside, i have stayed there before and I would recommend les allues to stay in, as previous posts have mentioned although you are against it the bus in to meribel is frequent and free, the bubble is fairly close to the centre of the village albeit on the other side of the road but if there is sufficient snow you can ski back to les allues, you could get the bubble back but it finishes around 5:30pm. there is a small supermarket and a ski hire shop (was british owned and run "ski higher" but not sure now, and the tserretta is a nice bar/restaurant with live bands after 10pm though I suspect with kids you might not see them!!!. there is good parking in meribel centre with the covered car park at chaudanne (payable).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The buses are pretty good, they run about every 15 mins and go via meribel village. The golf lift that runs from meribel village goes directly up to the altiport area of meribel, this is where all of the learners/kids generally go. The parking in meribel village is free if you decide to drive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed in Les Allues on several occasions and the hamlet has charm in abundance, but it is tiny... There is very little to actually do here (Spar, and a couple of restaurants and one great little bar/restaurant in La Tseratta)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g1080950-d3880089-i73822442-La_tsaretta-Les_Allues_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html

On both occasions I've stayed here we've just walked up to the end of the hamlet (by the Spar) and caught the bus... The timetable is pretty good to tie in with decent amount of time on the hill and then for Apres at the end of the day, however, you will need to get down by around 7pm I think... I didn't find the bus too stressful or busy, but I don't have kids so I can't comment

There is also the bubble stop across the road for the Spar as well, if you don't fancy the bus.... Abs no need to drive up to Meribel IMO...

Anyhow... Enjoy dude...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I stayed in Le Raffort (very similar to Les Allues) I just got the telecabin up and down to Meribel each morning and evening, or the bus if staying later after the lifts shut. It was pretty easy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy