Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stubai Glacier FEBRUARY half-term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Austria looking likely destination with family. Wondering if FEBRUARY will be too cold or windy for younger kids (7 and 4). Alternative is Zell am See which is much more sheltered and hopefully snowsure at that time.

Anyone skied Stubai mid February as have done last five Easters when weather is usually great. Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Totally depends. It's not possible to generalise. Well would obviously be the safer bet, but that's not to say Stubai is likely to be freezing and miserable.

OTOH, I'm not sure Stubai is really the best destination for a family trip in the main season. You don't need sure surety then, as everywhere will be good - so personally I'd go somewhere with accommodation close to the lifts so you don't have a bus ride with young kids twice a day. You'd probably be staying in Neustift for Stubai, which is still 20 mins on the bus. Plus there are lots of places with much more extensive skiing at that time, not that that's necessarily important.

I'd look at Westendorf personally.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alternatively you could choose to stay somewhere near in Schlick2000 ski area..which is more family oriented.
You could buy the ski card which is for the whole area incl the Glacier...so if the snow is miserable in the Schlick2000 you could try the glacier
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
you could choose to stay somewhere near Schlick 2000 ski area...
< That's a great suggestion from turms. Schlick is a lovely ski area - family-orientated but with some nice long runs, very scenic and a decent vertical. Fulpmes (the resort village for Schlick) is pleasant enough too, with a great range of accommodation and some nice places to eat out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy