Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier- France 2015-2016

Poster: A snowHead
I only ski on piste Smile good to Hear that the slopes are Holding on so far! I hope i will het good weather Yeah. A bit snow is welcome, but i rather don't get rain showers Smile thanks for the update!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After yesterdays road trip where we ended up in resort that can't be named and then spent five hours at Turin airport after dropping my mate off then waiting for my daughter's delayed flight it was Serre Che on the piste mid morning and then I left OH and daughter whilst I nipped over the back.

At first I was so dispirited as it was really tracked out and not at all pleasant to ski, and I was paranoid that the hordes had carried on to ski the vallon but thankfully no and found myself atop a beautiful line of perfect untracked spring corn.

I could have gone down to the valley bottom as it was so good but time was against me, and there will be other days.

Hooked up with the others and had a very enjoyable afternoon piste cruise finishing up at The Grotte for the late afternoon sunshine with the band playing on the terrace.

Pistes a tad slushy but on the whole very good and not at all busy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Christian our guide, who was loving being on the other side of the lens for a change.

Channel Islander Christian, by any chance? If so, the man has the patience of a saint! Taught my wife to ski...! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We had our own little area of sunshine today whilst all around elsewhere looked to be in cloud, some quite heavy by the looks of things!

We started out around 11:00 and there was a slight breeze and things looked to be warming up, did a few laps of Gauthier on pistes in great condition, then I got a little paranoid at some approaching cloud as my plan was to drop off the back from Crete Gauthier heading down into the valley below near Chambran and I did not want any cloud messing with the snow transforming, in hindsight that cloud never really came our way, so I could have done a couple more laps.

We all skied the ridge piste to the right of Eychauda drag and then I bade my farewells and went off down a sublime descent on perfect corn, then had a little issue route finding as to where to drop in and ended up on icy snow that was still a good couple of hours from softening up, so traverse under the cliffs into a better aspect and some nice lines in soft snow and a few traverses to keep some height before eventually dropping down to the valley floor to then go into ascent mode.

It was only when I stopped did I really notice how feckin windy it was and cold, I was packing crampons (which I did not need to use) as I knew the climb could be a tad sketchy on W/NW facing slopes and it turned out to be a damn tough climb into the wind and must have been a first as I did not drop any layers of clothing.

As I was half way up the climb I saw a group down the bottom who had skied down from the direction of Dome de Monetier it was only later did I see that were climbing pretty rapidly in my tracks.

I arrived at the bottom of the Cucumelle chair and the woman liftie who is nearly always there first asked where the OH was and then commented on the wind / cold and said I could use her hut to change in and take skins off etc, then she pointed out the group that was behind me coming across to the lift, by this time they were spread out into three or four couples, turned out they were Briancon PGHM (Mountain rescue) so that made a lot of sense as to how feckin fast/strong they were!

I had a chat with the last group asking where they'd been and they'd left Monetier and climbed up to the Pic de Dorminlouse then dropped down to roughly where I'd started from. Obviously there were not taking the chair up but continued to climb up to the Col D'Eychauda before going back to Monetier, though would not be surprised if they did another climb / route, made my little slack country escapade seem positively tame rolling eyes

OH snapped me going off

Then looking back up

Down in the valley

OH skied down to Monetier and said how windy it was going down from Eychauda and then plan was to meet up at the Vallons platform but she buzzed me to say was too damn cold and meet up in Pi Mai.

Was very quiet on the way down !!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 23-03-16 17:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That wind was blooming freezing today. Hubby abandoned the spring gear this morning. Calmed right down in Monetier now though in comparison to lunchtime.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Strange (or maybe not), there was no wind up on the Col Perdu above Laus today. In fact we were in one layer at just 2,500m. Just goes to show a few KM's as the crow flies can make a big difference.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kevin Byrne, more importantly what was the snow like?

And what was snow cover like up from Cervieres to Montgenevre?

Taking daughter out tomorrow with Les chiens just above Lautaret for a little taster so have to be feckin sure I get the timing right!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry, didn't see your past Gavin.
Funny snow conditions. There is definitely more snow in Cerviere but it hasn't transformed yet. On the short, initially steep, descent towards the Refuge we got crust over powder and then some powder. That slope is mainly West facing with some north.
It'll be a challenge to find the best slope. Maybe something with a more southerly aspect.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kevin Byrne, Still best to stick to E - SW facing if going out in the morning.

When are you going back ?

I'm down at the CAF tonight at 18:00 sussing out what they might be doing this weekend.

I might even try and suggest to OH and daughter early morning road trip tomorrow to Queyras to do nice easy tour up from the Agnel road, will depend on how this morning's mini tour goes, but conditions looking good.

And or might afterwards might go and take a look at how far the Les Fonts road is open from Cervieres, might be able to get to the parking pass the Mur.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tomorrow night i'll head out for our ski trip. It looks like the weather won't be great.. Every day clouds with rain or snow. I think i won't see any snow in Chantemerle.. Only rain, that's pretty sad actually Smile But as long as we can sky properly i'm glad. There are lot's of tree runs in serrre chevalier, right? Does this help a lot in bad weather conditions??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're headed back on Monday 😡.

Road to Les Fonts looks to be still pisted all the way down unfortunately.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sven311, don't despair. Local forecast can be quite different. And yes, the tree skiing is very good in SC.
If you have transport you'll also have options to go to Italy or other ski stations.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sven311, best to take one day at a time as forecasts can be so wrong, though have to agree next week does not look too good if you take the forecast as gospel.

The cold wind that is still blowing is keeping the pistes in good condition, though is delaying the freeze / thaw process that said scored a huge success with my daughter on her first foray into Ski touring and found some great spring snow for her which she was amazed at how fantastic and easy it was to ski. She even asked if we could climb up to do some more!

Me thinks she now understands why we do it! And not bad given that she is 26 and I didn't really start till I was in my 40's.

Slow motion vid of Les Rando Chiens in action.

http://youtube.com/v/nz_7kt5nxcc

Off back out soon to scope out possibility of ski tour from Cervieres for tomorrow am.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 24-03-16 15:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll go with my car yes Smile . Maybe I'll check out Italy for a day..
I know, the forecast changes every day! it's unreal Very Happy but that's with the weather in the alps.. changes a lot..
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And next week there won't be a lot of sun no.. But maybe that's not necessary. Every day a layer of fresh snow.. Might be awesome as well Smile
It's almost all the time something... not enough snow, not enough sun, to hot, to cold ( well that is almost never an issue),.. We have to take it as it comes i suppose Smile
Sorry for bad english, i speak dutch on daily base...
snow report
Chuffed father moment Cool

She said that was the best feeling of snow she'd ever skied*.

Welcome to the world away from the piste Loulou.

*Been a pistie and shy's away from powder, but this is a start...........
ski holidays
Like mother like daughter......
Could almost be Elaine looking at that Smile
snow conditions
@KenX, well she was on Elaine's skis and old boots Smile

Weather does look a tad bleak with the only sunshine window, tomorrow Saturday, not too sure what to do Puzzled

Not going to be to good for anything much today, could take them off the back of the Col de Mea, but it's clouding over all the time, but if we go up the hill anyway could take a look.

Drove over to Cervieres yesterday and the top road is shut, but still a fair amount of snow but means a 45min hike just to get to the snowline. Might try and suggest an early morning road trip for tomorrow but that might not be feasible as they (including the dogs) do like their sleep rolling eyes but would like to show daughter St Veran and there's a nice easy tour from the road not too far away.

Then Sunday damp and then next week it's all over the place though does look like some fresh cover over circa 2,000m which will be welcome if only to cover tracks up.
latest report
No patience here, already booked to arrive in Serre Chevallier (Villeneuve) on 27th Dec 16. It was one of the few option that fitted in with us not being away over Xmas and staying within the school hols. Really looking forward to it, looks like a great resort.

Just one little request, can you 'locals' go the extra mile with the snow dances this year to ensure an nice early season dump of snow and save me from the sleepless nights I've had with La Plagne (2014) & St.Anton (2015). Thanks.
latest report
@Ravelin, Think you're best to ask Noza what the snow will be like then Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Saturday last day of sunshine for a few days ?

And decisions as to what to do. Yesterday was bright in the morning and we went up the hill, with the plan to drop off over Col de Mea but weather closed in and abandoned that plan, skied around the empty pistes and then went on to Serre Ratier where I thought the FolieDouce‬ was happening but no sign of that so on down to the Station and Colin there had not heard about the FolieDouce‬, though as we took the tele cabine back up so they were loading all the kit and it's happening today at Serre Ratier, presume after 16:00 to tie in with an end of season ski race.

Also saw Kim was working in the lift pass office so popped in to ask her about the season pass rebate if you have not been over to LDA and it's still the same, in that you have to write in and ask, she inferred that they would not be doing anything till the end of the season as only then will they know if you have used the pass in LDA or not.

I've finally been using the 50% discount for my daughter and that has been not too bad doing it online.

So all the bitches still in bed, and I think it's only another small tour (probably in the same place) but think many people will be out up there, though might throw the FolieDouce‬ into the mix and suggest going over the back and then down to Serre Ratier but daughter does want to ski with Les Chiens again, but I know FolieDouce‬ will tempt her, though she knows it will not exactly be the same as Tignes!

ClubAlpine are doing a major sortie today which I would have loved to do, but I have had my wings clipped rolling eyes
latest report
Thermometer in the shade reading 18.5 all the "bitches" crashed on the patio, though dogs keep coming in to the shade as it's so hot Toofy Grin

So decision was made to pass on going up the hill (saved some cash) in favour of another rando with the dogs as opposed to FolieDouce.

Quite taxing getting daughter out the door as the whole concept of timings relevant to snow melt etc just go over the head, and as I suspected so many cars, think the most I've ever seen, that said we had our part of the mountain to ourselves.

Unfortunately Loulou's boots (had changed liners etc) were giving her so much grief going up with calf pain and twas a real shame as she really enjoys the concept now she know the snow is easy to ski even though it's off piste, but she made it 300m to La Mandette.

On the way up dogs were sniffing around a hole and then all of a sudden this "huge" creature shot out about a meter away from me from his "escape hatch" hole, I don't know who was more surprised me or the hare that must have been over a meter high. Needless to say dogs gave chase (futile) up the mountain for well over 500m or more.

Snow was a tad heavy so I thought but OH and Loulou being lighter had no probs.

Top of pic is the road into the Galibier tunnel.

More slow mo action

http://youtube.com/v/FFlXIp0QF3M

Once back down called into Mojo as had to drop some skis off at Riquet and was like a summers days with a fair number of people on the patio opposite.

So social activities continue a pace, over to LG for drinks tonight before coming back to Mojo and then Petite Pont for dinner and then probably walking back in the rain rolling eyes

Ciao
snow conditions
Well those out last week certainly had the better conditions!

Have been trying to make the most of things but been fighting a cold, Sunday was pretty bleak and I opted out whilst OH and daughter went snow boarding which was a bit of a success compared to last time when daughter badly bruised her coccyx, this time she was wearing butt protectors and said she was really nervous about falling, but once she fell and there was no pain she was able to relax.

Monday off early to Turin and roads were empty as Bank Holiday in Italy, though have found a massive new Aldi near the airport (great for cheese) and that was shut. Road up to Montgenevre and Serre was quite busy by the time we came back.

Yesterday was fiddling around and temps seemed quite pleasant so opted for a quick spin up to the Lautaret though as I was cycling up weather closed in big time and light snow by the top.

Ready for the descent

Back down went into Briancon for a shop then took the dogs for a walk up behind Villard St Pancrace, I often been up there, hiking to Melezin and the forts as well as up to Ayes and the lake. I'd seen the sign for Centre Montagne and was not too sure what it was, but this time we went to the parking there and believe it or not it's a ski resort!!

And had been in existence for over 60 years - ok not a downhill but a x-country and snowshoe area and some of the pistes are the same trails we hike in the summer.
http://www.villard-st-pancrace.com/spip.php?article51

We walked along the Canal path which is also a VTT trail. Well worth a look.............

Weather was very on / off with sunshine one moment and then a few drops of rain the next and very mild.

Today Wednesday was meant to be sunnier and temps overnight did drop to 3 degrees in the valley so we went up the hill with the plan of dropping over the Col de Mea except the cloud had other ideas as we took the final drag up we were engulfed in cloud whilst it seemed every where else was in sun.

We abandoned that idea and went up Eychauda, once at the top I tentatively put a few turns in and it seemed ok so we did around another twenty and it was way too heavy so we bailed and skinned back up to the Eychauda / Isolee Serre ridge and then went off down from there where we found some nice snow coming back down on a variation of Isolee.

The OH was not going to come out today so we did a deal in that if the snow was not good I'd go on the snowboard later. So first time in quite a few seasons, though I knew the boots I had were way too small, but did enjoy it though the Frejus descent was not the best of pistes to start on with numerous bumps in the mid section!

Pistes are very slushy now from Noon onwards but that's because there's not too much of an overnight freeze.

Weather now does look very sketchy for the next three or so days, and is forever changing, in fact at one point there was torrential rain all day Thurs but that's now changed.

Rain in the valley is common from now on (though not in January) and the only positive is that it can be snow up top, overcast sky's are no good, think I'd rather have a few days of heavy rain with snow level at 2,000m and if it really chucks it down then a road trip to LG is an obvious option but now see the heavy snow that was forecast for next week in LG has disappeared to a dribble rolling eyes
snow report
Overcast skies and dank......

Not the best of conditions and looks like more of the same for the next week or so Crying or Very sad

That said there is a "huge" ray of hope for the back end of next week in that some forecasts are showing a real return to winter for a few days. However as most know, long term forecasts can be a tad inaccurate rolling eyes

But after a week or so of these dank overcast conditions something has to change!

The rain of last evening has done for a lot of snow in the valley and we're now left with the strips of piste coming back down into resort.

Still many skiers are on the piste though up top does look grim.

This period could well go down as the longest we're going to be offski wink

Yesterday went out for a ride and was beaten back by the snowline as the road went into a shady aspect.

Coming back I explored some of the trails just above St Chaffrey.

Off out now with les chiens for a hike from here.

snow conditions
Little change to the dank weather / mild conditions that we've endured the past week, and forecast not a lot better looking forward, though there is still the chance of some colder conditions and snow towards the end of the week and a few more glimpses of the sun during the week, so difficult to make plans.

Dogs are not complaining as we've been doing some long walks with them.

Yesterday we went hiking up around Saint Chaffrey doing a circuit from Villard Late taking in a moraine that had always fascinated me, as we were hiking up so there were various information boards explaining what had taken place and the construction of dams and revetments after a catastrophic flash flood back in 1981.

So a bit more Googling and I came across this film and not only Saint Chaffrey but across from where we are, Le Bez.

Loads of Belgians here now, so must be their week and was a tad nervous cycling up the Lautaret yesterday with them all on the roads rolling eyes

And just looked at the forecast and now it's wet all week Puzzled
latest report
Have done a fair bit this past week.

Monday cycled over to Puy St Vincent and then Wednesday cycled up to the snowline up past Nevache, then when not cycling been hiking with the dogs, as you may have seen in the "Marmot / Bouquetin" thread.

Weather has been really foul, (apart from Thursday when we skied La Grave briefly till the snow was too heavy), though we've seemed to have missed the worst of it as the really wet stuff seemed to have come in just as we returned home.

Forecasts as usual have been all over the place, at the beginning of the week there was the prospect of 15-20cm overnight Friday and possibly Saturday, but all we had was a light dusting and 5cm+ plus higher up.

We opted for a ski tour today over skiing the resort and we were not disappointed with the OH saying it was the best Spring tour yet.

As ever seemed we were the last people to park up and as ever seemed the hordes were all going up Pic Blanc.

We did our favourite route up Vallon de Roche Noire and there were only two other couples in front of us, the area is so vast that you soon loose the people. Though as we were going up three people were well on their way down, it turned out they had climbed Pic Blanc and then descended taking a nice line from there into the Vallon, though they messed up a little towards the end and had a very boring traverse out.

They must have left very early, and I was not too sure why, maybe simply they were here for the week and going back today, so after a rough week grabbed a last ski whilst they could?

The fresh snow did disappear very quickly though amalgamating into the still reddish snow pack below lower down, up top was a mixture between fresh and spring and was a very sweet combination.

Marmots were whistling their heads off lower down too so now have some very knackered dogs after their ski down.

And as for the weather we were blessed with nigh on a cloudless sky with a bizarre bank of cloud hovering just over the Lautaret, and looking down the valley some substantial cloud over the Izoard and Rochebrune that is slowly coming up the valley now.

So usual photos

OH skinning up and you can see the cloud over the Izoard

Zoomed in on the Barre des Ecrins

Dogs in hot pursuit

Part of our descent left of center below Pic Blanc and you can make out the earlier tracks

Have a mate and his girl friend (South African) who has never seen snow coming to stay for a couple of days on Tuesday, he's a pretty rad / extreme dude in that he's the kiter that has jumped both Worthing and Brighton piers. He's just rehabbing after second degree drowning at a Red Bull event in S Africa two months ago and was in an induced coma for nigh on a month!

He's going to take the Route de Secours and plan is to meet him at the Castillian in La Grave Tuesday afternoon so watch that all go wrong rolling eyes
ski holidays
Took advantage of the over night freeze and went off the back of the Col de Mea (first time ever), though was third time lucky attempting as had two failed attempts as conditions were not good.

And how different it was to when I went off the back 23rd March (see 4th post from the top), it was not so much the descent, though lack of snow lower down made route choice a little tricky but the total lack of snow where I was to climb back up, so was a rather tough boot pack with skis on the back pack for around 300ms.

Was interesting to see how W facing slopes are an option to ski early afternoon with not too bad a hike back, though the only issue is that you have to ski the piste back down and I was the only one skiing the Vallons when I came back down around 13.00.

It was so soft and really hard work, ahead of me I saw a couple I'd seen twice earlier doing some spring off piste lines and I did think they know their way around, and they were of a similar vintage to myself.

As I neared the top of Pontilllas I saw them taking their skis off to take the lift down and I thought might as well do the same as it was only going to get worse.

Once in the lift we started chatting he was asking me about my skis etc so I explained the route that I'd done, turned out he was a guide, and a little older (Gerrard don't think he's the one that does the SOPB though maybe he is) and ESF and his OH was really enthusiastic about everything.

Turns out they live in the small village just along from me, Le Freyssinet, and from what I could make out they are selling a chalet with planning permission for another one, so they were keen to give me their tel number and asked me to come up to look at it in case I know of anyone, so might have to satisfy my curiosity!

Pistes are so quiet now though earlier was a fair few around but not at all busy, all the slopes are holding up well.

And so hot out on the patio, thermometer is reading 18 degrees in the shade!

Looks like we could well get another freeze tonight and maybe similar conditions tomorrow and Tuesday, and maybe some neige high up Wednesday!

Looking back up from the valley floor, reminiscent of a good day in the Highlands Toofy Grin

And looking up to the climb, right of rock band center of picture

Good spring snow W facing slope, this is where you had issues with your skins KenX

And Les Chiens having a day off
snow conditions
Remember it well..........
Looks a bit different now!
Took LynnX skiing today so had to pass on this little adventure Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice tour up from the Lautaret to Col de Laurichard.

Did look at my (old) maps to check if it was in the National Park as we were taking the dogs - and was surprised to see some signs after we got back down, evidently they included that area into the park around seven years ago, that's why the drags there were removed and kiting is not allowed there anymore.

Definitely needed the ski crampons for the first part as was hard icy snow on a N/NE facing slope and was feckin difficult, OH did really well and managed to keep the rattle in the pram, though by the time we came back down had transformed nicely to super spring corn, with a touch of red paprika.

Traversing off the ridge to the N facing slope where I suspected there might be some powder to be had, though all of ten or so turns rolling eyes

OH appreciating the effort of the climb to get to some cracking spring snow.

Once back down bumped into a friend from the CAF Briancon who had done a steep gnarly couloir climb and had really bad icy snow.

So now looks like I'm going up to an unmanned hut with a few of them back end of the week, Refuge du Lac Pavé, should be an interesting experience as I'm only used to nice comfy refuges where there is at least some creature comforts along with good food and wine!

Weather looks a tad inclement tomorrow which makes sense as we have some friends arriving soon for a day up the hill tomorrow, and back end of the week as well Puzzled
snow report
I've been on that type of snow before, but I always wonder: that orange-ish snow, is that just due to the melting cycle or is it that sahara dust that people talk about?
snow conditions
@Cedrick, there has been some Sarahan dust deposited recently, and it was also visible in the layers of snow at the edge of the pistes. So that may have been dumped recently, or be reappearing after weeks under the fresher layers.
latest report
@Cedrick, sahara dust in the rain made worst with the melt cycle, we've had two lots of it this season, maybe three as it's rained a fair bit.

Always know when as my van get's a coating too rolling eyes
latest report
Our car came back to the UK covered in it too. Rained in Northern France on the way back, and I think we got some more then.
snow report
Ok. I've had that in Tirol as well (mostly in spring for some reasons). I'm always surprised and tend to take off my goggles just to check if they are not altering the colors!
snow conditions
Had a friend who was driving over the Lautaret last night circa 18:30 and he arrived in Serre and said that there was around 10cm up there!

This morning there was no fresh on the trees in front of us and a cloudless sky so we decided to go touring up there (again).

This time we opted for the Col du Galibier as have not done it this season at all, and was a pretty superb morning Cool

On the way up and a little bench I know

At the Col - from the looks of things no one had been up there for a while - though we managed to trash the snow.

About 10-20cm of fresh

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 14-04-16 14:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Weathercam, Smile Smile Smile
snow conditions
Mini Adventure Cancelled
Spent a fecking long time faffing with gear yesterday in preparation for going up to the Refuge du Pavé.

We all met up at 06:30 this morning and more faffing as we were taking food (and wine) and all the necessary kit for the unguarded hut and overnight stay.

Plan was BBQ lunch then clear hut of snow and ice, then dinner and then tomorrow couple of different ski options before descending back down to Villar D'Arene refuge for lunch, as being CAF lunch does feature rather a lot!

Then just as we were about to leave the guy leading had a phone call from the guardian of the Refuge de L'Alpe de Villar D'Arene further down in from where we were going to say weather had closed in big time, and from here in the valley we could see the clouds up over Lautaret etc

So back to here to check various sites and looking at rain radar etc sort of confirmed all that, so call was made to abandon.

Though have to say I was always skeptical about the weather for today and the next couple of days though Meteo France is still saying sun for today and tomorrow rolling eyes

Only positive is that Monday in LG might be an option if all the snow that is forecast for the weekend happens.
snow report
Been googling around looking for decent rain radar sites and came across this which shows the weather well and how the rain turned to snow over the Ecrins this morning.

snow report
What is thé piste skiing like now? À friend wants to come over early next week, we'd park up at Monetier. It looked decent enough when I drove past on Tuesday.
snow conditions
@Claude B, I think only Chantermerle and Villeneuve are open next week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy