Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier- France 2015-2016

Poster: A snowHead
Mmmmm interesting - kept seeing it on various FB posts from friends in Serre.......

http://www.dici.fr/actu/2015/10/21/hautes-alpes-condamne-contrefacon-serre-chevalier-vallee-retirer-logos-d-21-novembre-658906

Basically all Serre Che logos have to be taken down!

Wonder if this is the reason why the Serre Che TO Marketing Director has left (he's gone to ADH) as he knew this can of worms was about to break out!

Google Translation

Hautes-Alpes: Serre-Chevalier obliged to review its communication strategy. Indeed, the tourist office and governed the lifts were sentenced on September 21 for "forgery" at issue, the use of Serre-Chevalier logo. The conflict pits the tourist office to a communications company, recruited in 2008, and ousted in 2009 but which had meanwhile created the visuals for promotion and visual identity Serre Che. This conflict has dragged on since 2009, and led the Lyon court, made a relevant decision within two months to the date of the statement of the judgment, either to November 21. Ie, Serre-Chevalier that will remove all logos by November 21, before the start of the winter season 2015-2016. Unless of course, an agreement is reached by then between the two parties. Explanations of the man behind the appeal: Pierre-Guy Derousseau, manager of DMP company.

For his part the Mayor of Monêtier-les-Bains and president of the tourist office, Anne-Marie Forgeoux, wants to be reassuring saying that an agreement is still possible. *
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not taking my Serre Che stickers off my Jeep...............
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KenX, Toofy Grin

And all those other vehicles driving around with them !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not giving up my red Serre Che hoody I bought there last year either! It has the logo on the back.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If this is actually the case they'll most likely settle as it would cost them tens of thousands of € (or more) to come up with a new logo and implement it, also losing their corporate identity.......
Or I would anyway, but I'm not French!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing here!!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 28-10-15 19:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
KenX wrote:
Claviere this evening on my way back from Turin:

Then mayhem at Montgenevre, about 40 vehicles stranded on summer tyres, had to wait this out for an hour:

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jeeesss just seen some other photos on the Hotel des Glaciers's FaceBook page up at the Lautaret.

And suppose being "holidays" far more people about, and on summer tyres!

Forecast looking good sun wise now till the middle of next week, though I suppose now we should all start to be looking to snow upwards of 1850 throughout Nov and then gradually snow levels coming down to the valley mid December.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Weathercam, not really cycling conditions.........
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@KenX, @Weathercam, maybe time for a fatbike! N+1 and all that...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@KenX, not really cycling conditions = possible touring conditions Cool

Drive up to Frejus and then hike from there to get some turns.

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Weathercam, Working my nuts off on the chalet so I can justify skiing whenever I want!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Weathercam, nice pics.... capturing that light very well...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nice pic from the skiing area:

http://forums.infoclimat.fr/topic/86784-automnehiver-20152016-dans-les-alpes/page-20
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@KenX, you keep at it, don't want anything distracting you Toofy Grin
snow report
jzBun wrote:
@Hells Bells, Thanks for your help. Chalet Simone is booked for the 26th March. I'll tap into the collective Serre Che brains closer to the time for good restaurants etc.

Watch out for the stairs, very steep in Simone.
snow report
@ADESki, very steep in many of the older buildings in Monetier.
latest report
Look what came in the post today Very Happy

Can't wait now, lifts open 28th November, subject to snow conditions!
snow report
@KenX, ours have been loaded up from last year for ages now. wink
ski holidays
Looks like snow for the weekend but not the same volumes as the Northern Alps Sad

Will be interesting to look at the Cucumelle Cam tomorrow

http://serrechevalier.roundshot.com/cucumelle/
latest report
@Weathercam, it will be if they switch it back on, last photos are from 17th November.
latest report
It's on and getting white Cool

Looks like it's been windy as well!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 21-11-15 8:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Cool
ski holidays
Been very windy here this afternoon! Not much in the way of snow though.......
snow report
Tunnel de Frejus passes are now online,

Reduced price passes are now available to book online, or at least they are on the FRench version of the page. The English version doesn't seem to be working, although I have already emailed them to tell them.
Details on here in English. http://www.serrechevalier-reservation.com/en/pass-frejus/fp-pass-tunnel-du-frejus-7201.html
Booking in French : http://www.serrechevalier-reservation.com/fr/pass-frejus/fp-pass-tunnel-du-frejus-7201.html

You also need to take with you
1 Taxe d'Habitation bill if you are an owner.
2. Rental contract if you are staying in accommodation.
3. and this form if staying with family and friends http://www.serrechevalier-reservation.com/fr/pass-frejus/fp-pass-tunnel-du-frejus-7201.html (third picture of the 3) which will need the number of the Tax d'Habitation account.

For those of you renting cars from airports you can complete the registration number after printing off the forms, you don't need to complete before purchase.
snow conditions
Whoopee, it's snowed!!!

1cm Sad
latest report
@KenX, Very Happy Sad
ski holidays
what time do the busses run up to between Monetein/Briancon? Any ofthe SerChe reisdents know or have a link? Much appreciated.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ADESki, they don't seem to have updated the website with the current season bus times yet, but from memory we've got a bus back from Chantemerle to Monetier about 10.45 in the past, so last bus from Monetier-Briancon would be around 11 o'clock. I'll keep checking for the timetable and put a link here when I find it.
ski holidays
This is what last year's page said. I expect things will be much the same.
Quote:
Ski bus express are free from 7.50am to 6.20pm and Night buses from 7.30pm to 11pm

You need a valid ski pass or guest card for the buses. There are also normal bus services that still run between 6.20 and 7.30, and timetables are up in all the bus stops.
snow report
Thanks HB, had looked on the webpage but couldn't see anything, including snow on the webcams!

Don't knock yourself out trying to find a link as just wanted a rough idea an d the information you've given is more than adequate. Many thanks.
latest report
So the forecast for SerrChe is not looking so great for the opening week, as an alternative how easy is it to get to Le Grave or L2A or even ADH? Is the road even open (wasn't the 91 closed due to landslide?). Isthere a bus or would a taxi be needed or indeed would the local firms take you?
ski holidays
@ADESki, there is a new relief road open, but it isn't suitable for buses. You can get to La Grave without needing to use the relief road though, as the landslide was after that.
ski holidays
@ADESki, more info on this thread on the new road http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120415
snow report
So Le Grave is a viable option if SC is closed or highly restricted?
snow report
@ADESki,it will be if there is sufficient snow, and you will need a guide. I'm not sure how good the cover will be this early in the season. The glacier may still have a lot of crevasses.
latest report
@ADESki, actually, scrap that, La Grave website says they aren't opening until 19th December. http://www.la-grave.com/winter/index.php
snow report
@Hells Bells,
Thanks for that, looks like packing the swimmers is going to be the better option unless the forecast changes soon. wink
latest report
Walking boots as well. There's some lovely walks in the valley.
ski holidays
I'm trying not to get concerned about having booked an off-piste course with the UCPA at the end of January.

I know there's almost two months and I'm sure there will be plenty of pistes open at that time but off-piste base isn't built using snow-cannons...

Please tell me I'm being silly!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy