Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pleeeeease try to persuade me to take up boarding!

Poster: A snowHead
Back in the good old days the friendly chaps on the Snowboarding forum had set up a thread for the express purpose of converting me to Darkside... rolling eyes

(Thought I'd try out a new emoticon!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh well... maybe some of the dark side-ers will come and play here too?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian, since MO day there has only been one post to the SCGB snowboarding forum, and that was from a person on the light side - Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How about on the lightly shaded side...I'm rapidly loosing my family to the darkside.....HEEEEEEEEELP! Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I presume the dark side is those guys who wear two boards instead of one.

If really want to start boardning I recommend you start in good powder as there was is mid jan.

You need to get the hang of turning is nice soft condition otherwise you will give up immediately as for the first couple of days we tend to fallover while trying to find our edges.

But after that we tend to get hooked.

If you find the right conditions give it a go
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Soraya - good to see U. The Darkside is what the Snowboarding community became known as when one or two skiers were compelled by mysterious forces to fall in with their [wierding] ways.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had fun with our friends on the Darkside - hopefully we'll get them back. Neutral In fact I'm off to the Snowdome at Castleford for some snowboarding lessons sometime soon.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My idea - I wanted to get Mr H a birthday pressie that I could use too! NehNeh
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So this where the 2 plankers have been hiding! SCGB can stick it where the mushrooms grow. Losers with no vision at all. Unbelievable. Evil or Very Mad
Even if they turn it free again they may have permanently lost people. Don't they think of that?

With a bit of luck I can bring Richard Gunner, Kevin Robertson, John Bignell, Simon Turner and Oisin Kelly.

David Snelson did post his hotmail address once in a thread. it's either -

snelsond@hotmail.com or dsnelson@hotmail.com

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Phil, great to hear from you...its becoming like a school reunion! Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
matt.beardshall@yahoo.co.uk

(but of course he doesn't actually exist)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well hello.Its looks like we meet again Mr Bond!Mr Turner is back.
Ok i've registered now,i'll play with site laters.
Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side.
Ps Has any body posted this discuss group on SCGB's?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello Mr T!

Yes - this is THE rebel site! - its presence has been frequently mentioned in SCGB.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well blow me.this is a good site.Hows long it been running for then?I've never heard of it before.Its certainly going to gets some hits now.Hope they've got a big hard drive fnarr fnarr.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's been running for 4 days?
ski holidays
Ahhh ha!

There you all are my SCGB snowboarding buddies. God snowHeads rocks... talk about cutting off your own nose.

Oooh how it made my blood boil... well okay I was a bit peeved at their arrogance.
Talk about outdated and absolutley no Idea how to run a business. THe only reason people know about them is becuase you usually see thier URL when looking at snow reports on other sites. the Forums were the only reason most of us stuck around.. the rest of the site was crap.

okay it's out of my system now.... let the tomfoolery, jesting and japery begin...
Laughing

Errr.... ummmm.. okay I'l have a think about it and come back
snow report
Welcome Back to the New side oisin.
Hows that pronounced by the way?
snow conditions
I must admit that for a long time I was labouring under the impression that Oisin and Onno were Japanese names - I now realise this is not true but thought it might cause you some amusement Smile
snow conditions
ahhhh be-jay-zus

Oisin is a truly oirish name... Pronounced "ush-een" But I am better know by my long time given English name of Osh Pronounced "Osh" funnily enough Very Happy

When I moved to London from Galway at the tender age of 16 my peers appeared to have difficulty in pronouncing my name.. as complex as it is .... so as with most boy's names over two syllables It was shortned to one.

Great to see all you guy's back again... Mr. T, Mr. H. and a Job well done to Mr. Craggs Sir !

As for Onno..... who the hell woz that guy ??? Laughing
snow report
Thank God Onno can't find us.....................Ca he?
ski holidays
We need Tony Lane back aswell......any ideas???? Mr. Green
ski holidays
This is fun.........wa hey!!!!!! Welcome back Oisin!

U Brain has full respect from the darkside!!. Shamown. Laughing
ski holidays
Ian just take up boarding.you know it makes sense!
ski holidays
Onno's posts had a certain "je ne sais pas" which I miss Very Happy

Sod that Mr T., I'm playing hard to get Wink
ski holidays
You know you want it Wink
ski holidays
That all sounds dutch to me Ian. Skullie
snow report
sorademan wrote:
You need to get the hang of turning is nice soft condition otherwise you will give up immediately as for the first couple of days we tend to fallover while trying to find our edges.

It's a double-edged sword that.

The fluffier the snow, the softer the landing, but then the more easily you catch an edge.

The harder the snow, the more it'll forgive drooping edges, and the less frequently you'll catch them. Of course, you soon learn to try much harder to keep your edge up once you've had a few embraces with the iceberg.
latest report
Only go to the darkside if you want to end up sitting on your backside (in the middle of the piste).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Miaoooowww!
snow conditions
Or maybe grow a goatee...........
ski holidays
Ian,
Why not go to the darkside, and try to teach them good manners, responsibility, safe places to sit, good fashion sense, and style?

snowHead
ski holidays
I think that would just be a case of
ski holidays
Mr Foxy, Ian needs no encouragement to join us. It's all he can do to resist but his time will come. As for fashion sense and style......I think your comment is a case of the pot and the kettle.

This particular branch of the darkside are polite, friendly and responsible. We all have decent jobs and houses. Sorry to ruin your perception of us, still for the perpose of a good slanging match, carry on with your outdated beliefs. Wink
snow report
Thought we were having quite a good humoured slanging match on the other thread - come and join in!
snow report
It's just the same as trying to educate mountain bikers to slow down and give at least 10 feet clearance when passing walkers. A lot of 'em seem to think they have right of way.

Anyway, yep, it's the same with boarders.

1) If it's behind you it doesn't exist.
2) Sit in the middle of the piste so other boarders will see where you are.
3) The edges of the piste are strictly for bombing down at terminal velocity.
4) Anyone in the vicinity of a landing site even if on a piste should realise it's their fault if they're hit by a boarder coming into land.

But skiers have some inconsiderate behaviour too sometimes. ok very rarely...

1) In a chairlift queue make sure that any boarder nearby has no bare ground left upon which to place their foot.
2) If you're on a black run your minimum speed must be 60mph. Any snowboarders caught below this speed are fair game for venting abuse at
3) When skiing down a winding road always ensure you zig-zag the full width so that the poor snowboarders trying to avoid walking the flat bits can't overtake you.
4) On a drag lift ensure you help make the two narrow ski channels as deep as possible and wiggle them at odd moments. This really pisses off boarders.

Twisted Evil
snow report
ski holidays
crosbie wrote:
It's just the same as trying to educate mountain bikers to slow down and give at least 10 feet clearance when passing walkers. A lot of 'em seem to think they have right of way.

A favour I'm sure you then return when passing us in your car on the way home Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
marc wrote:
A favour I'm sure you then return when passing us in your car on the way home Evil or Very Mad

I'm actually both a keen road cyclist and mountain-biker, so I'll rise to your bait in offended indignation, and declare quite the contrary!

However, I do hate drivers that, on a wide open road with excellent visibility, first match your speed, and then pull out fully into the opposite lane and laboriously overtake you as if you might swerve uncontrollably to the right at any moment. Confused
ski holidays
crosbie wrote:

But skiers have some inconsiderate behaviour too sometimes. ok very rarely...

1) In a chairlift queue make sure that any boarder nearby has no bare ground left upon which to place their foot.
2) If you're on a black run your minimum speed must be 60mph. Any snowboarders caught below this speed are fair game for venting abuse at
3) When skiing down a winding road always ensure you zig-zag the full width so that the poor snowboarders trying to avoid walking the flat bits can't overtake you.
4) On a drag lift ensure you help make the two narrow ski channels as deep as possible and wiggle them at odd moments. This really pisses off boarders.

Twisted Evil

You missed :

5) Stand around in front of the chair lift exit so that any boarder coming off the lift, who unlike you can't turn very easily, has to either fall over or smack into you.
latest report
Lager wrote:

You missed :
5) Stand around in front of the chair lift exit so that any boarder coming off the lift, who unlike you can't turn very easily, has to either fall over or smack into you.

Yeah. I forgot that one. Tis a good rule worth adding.

I was going to add:
6) When inserting your skis into a telecabine caddy don't worry if they go next to the base of any snowboard, it's p-tex and so won't scratch the paint from your bindings.

But, I thought that was too cruel. Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy