Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort ideas 10 Feb 3 nights flying into Munich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Group of four 45 year old blokes. Good piste skiers. Like a reasonable km (100 ?). Primarily reds and blacks. B&B type accommodation preferred. Ideally close to a lift. Nice to have a bit of gentle Apres and some half decent food. Not much accommodation coming up on standard sites. Tourist offices also not replying no doubt as it is a part week. All ideas welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Blastfromthepast, I'd suggest the Zillertal resorts. Easy to get to from Munich airport (either hire car or train from airport to Jenbach in Austria where you change onto the narrow gauge Zillertalbahn railway that goes up the valley from Jenbach all the way as far as Mayrhofen). Mayrhofen is the best known resort, but there is also great skiing if you are based in Zell am Ziller (Arena ski area) or Kaltenbach (for the Hochzillertal ski area).
Apart from the accommodation enquiry facility on the Zillertal weblink above, you can often find part week availability on www.tiscover.com

Hope this helps. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You have hit the busy period unfortunately so short breaks are harder to find. Try also Kitzbuheler Alpen. Not Kitz itself but the local villages. Westendorf, Brixen and Kirchberg have links into both Kitzbuhel and skiwelt either of which would be a good bet, skiwelt is a bit more cruisy, there are more tough options on the Kitzbuhel side. the local tourist office http://www.kitzbueheler-alpen.com/en/ does a search function. Many of the smaller pensions are not on major search sites so you should find something.

travel is either hire car or train. You can get a train right through to the Brixental villages but it might be quicker to book a taxi from Worgl. (four of you can get to Worgl on a Bayern group ticket from Munich so much cheaper than transfers)

Another possible is Garmisch. Very easy transfer, direct train from Munich. Probably a bit smaller than you are looking for but has the benefit of a decnt sized town so you might find short term accommodation easier. (Be warned the glacier is a separate ski area with a separate pass even though it is linked by the rack railway to the "classic", weird in this day and age!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
travel is either hire car or train. You can get a train right through to the Brixental villages but it might be quicker to book a taxi from Worgl. (four of you can get to Worgl on a Bayern group ticket from Munich so much cheaper than transfers)

Im sure its only as far as Kufstein on the Bayern ticket.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bayern Ticket is only valid as far as Kufstein or Salzburg - I use them regularly so know the limitations very well. Been using one today, I travelled(anywhere in Bavaria, there and back again) for 25 Euro and the 2 children with me travelled for free! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry folks, I am glad to be corrected about the Bayern ticket, the website/machines are not at all clear. Used it last year to Kufstein and someone (the infamous man in a pub!) said we could have gone to Worgl but I didn't try thank goodness. Nevertheless it is a great trick to know for transfers from Munich
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Bayern ticket is also valid on the Garmisch-Ehrwald-Lermoos-Reutte line which might be of some use to folks on the way down from Munich.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can get as far as Ehrwald, but not as far as Reutte I think. Basically it is only valid to the stations nearest the Bavarian border. At Salzburg for example there used to be (pre-Schengen Agreement) a border control at the end of the platform the Munich trains arrived at, I had my passport stamped there once (I asked for the stamp) and I know it was still there in 1995 when I spent the summer studying German in the city.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It works both from the Pfronten and the Garmisch ends, I've done it when biking a few times.

From the info pointed to in this link http://www.bahn.de/regional/view/regionen/bayern/freizeit/bayernticket.shtml

Pfronten-Steinach–Vils–Reutte (Tirol)–Ehrwald–Griesen
(„Außerfernbahn“), nur
im Verkehr von und
nach Deutschland, nicht
im innerösterreichi
schen
Binnenverkehr
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Blastfromthepast, I'd second Alastair Pink's suggestion of the Zillertal. Specifically I'd recommend Zell am Ziller. The ski area there is mostly reds and great for a few day's of fast blasting around. Hotel Tirolerhof has very small rooms but a good bar and decent food. Ski bus takes about 5 minutes to get to the gondola and there's very little queuing, unlike Mayrhofen. Kaltenbach is also one of my favourite areas and worth a look. The Zillertal ski pass gets you access to all the ski areas in the valley so you could do a day in Zell and another in Kaltenbach. The train between the two areas is free if you're wearing your ski kit.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all. Zell am Ziller looks ideal so will put it to the group.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy