Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skins for rocker2's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi there, can anyone recommend some skins for some 192 solemn rocker2's?

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colltex camlock Whizz skins
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have seen them used with G3 Aplinst and Black Diamond Ascension skins. The BD's have more grip but are heavier, the G3's have better glide, and are lighter.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been happy with BD skins on all my skis. The nylons have noticeably more grip on harder snow, but the mohairs are noticeably lighter and glide better. Assuming you're using them to access powder get the mohairs. If they're your only pair of touring skis get the nylons - they do feel that bit more secure in precarious places. Or you could just get (ski) crampons which are a lifesaver on fat skis on icy re-frozen snow.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 1-09-15 2:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yep just to access powder and might do the basi mountain safety course on them so nothing very hardcore.....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@spyderjon, are these easy to cut to size?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Relative to the above... Should the width of the skins match the ski width or is being +/- a few mm not do any harm?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are riding the 122's then the wizz's are pretty much made for them, they come with a cutting tool and apart from being a little scary doing the first cut it is really OK cutting the skin...or get Jon to cut them for £25 if you are not up for it.
I bought the hype last season and now own a pair, the glue less system is great (I had be coveting my wife's geckos but they didn't make them big enough) also thinking they are a touch lighter than previous BDs or G3s, both of which are fine, only ever found operator error when using them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Super Steezy, am on the 108 width flavour, 192 in length..... do they do some for that width?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy