Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Park City (Utah), March '16

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs L and I have booked this place (5 double bedrooms), which belongs to a customer/friend of mine, arriving Thursday 3rd, departing Sunday 13th March.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p964139#summary

Company welcome for any or all of that time. I'm thinking of £50/room per night.

It's 5-10 minutes away from Park City, The Canyons and Deer Valley resorts, and about 45 mins to the four Cottonwood Canyon resorts. I know my way around most of these places pretty well. I also know most of the travel options from the UK/Europe. I'll probably hire a large-ish SUV, and happy to share that for a gas contribution.

Mrs L is a pretty strong intermediate, who sticks to groomers (unless by accident!); I'm borderline advanced and tackle most things short of suicidal.

I'm putting out feelers in a few other directions, and plan to have a plan by say mid-September.

Let me know if you have any interest!

Cheers,
Neil and Helen.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You know you're getting old when you're more impressed by the appliances than anything else rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
who wears the appliance????
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi there - female singelton - possibly interested - how is your trip coming along?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Single male skier, instructor, potentially very interested, could you give a very rough idea of likely costs?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@thedrewski, I'm looking at £50 / $75 per room per night. Nothing else included. Might look at sharing car and food costs depending on the group that assembles in the end, but expect to play that pretty much by ear.

@curryqueen, it's definitely happening (I've already booked the whole place) and rooms available as of now.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman wrote:
@thedrewski, I'm looking at £50 / $75 per room per night. Nothing else included. Might look at sharing car and food costs depending on the group that assembles in the end, but expect to play that pretty much by ear.

@curryqueen, it's definitely happening (I've already booked the whole place) and rooms available as of now.

Having not flown to that part of the world before, who would you generally recommend as being better? I'm Manchester based, but don't mind flying out of London.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@thedrewski, Park City is about 35-40 minutes from Salt Lake City airport. There are no direct flights from the UK to SLC. I think your best bet would be KLM via Amsterdam or Air France via Paris CDG. There's also multiple options changing in the U.S. from Manchester; the disadvantage is that you have to clear US immigration and customs at the first port of call and re-check your baggage. All a bit of nightmare on a tight transfer, especially with skis. We're spending a couple of days in Chicago beforehand, so flying in (and out) via there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When we flew to SLC from Manchester, we went out via New York and back via Atlanta. Wasn't too bad with the luggage but could have done without it, or was just cheaper to go that way
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FWIW - the AMS-SLC non stop was a trial which is being discontinued in October. My friends that work at Delta tell me they are hoping they bring it back as it would seem the trial was successful.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@laundryman, very interested
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Masque, excellent!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
laundryman wrote:
@Masque, excellent!
You sure ? Twisted Evil

Pretty certain this would be a great deal for me, but I have to decide which bash (b'day or eosb) to drop as I was considering a 3 week triple Italian bash odyssey.
I'd drive over in the van so transportation for 7 might add some more flexibility and I'll do the airport transfers for anyone who needs or doesn't want car hire.

Hmmmm.... seems I've talked myself into this, I'll send you a PM later this week. Blush
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy