Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French/Suisse/Austrian Alps - Nov 2015??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good Morning everyone,

Looking for a short break to The French/Suisse/Italian or Austrian Alps in Nov 2015 (25th or 26th for 3/4 nights). Will be travelling initially as a Solo Skier but would be great to meet up with fellow solo skiers or a group if possible. I am an Intermediate/Advanced level skier who likes long reds, blacks (except moguls) and off piste possibilities. I have booked a week off and will be flying from Bristol so flights usually ok, Any Ideas??

Have a good day all

PremsUltim8

Ps. Also anyone out there who can pass comments or reviews on Salomon X-Drive TI Skis (2015/16) !!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Val Thorens officially opens this year on 21st November. However, you're a brave man going that early in the season. Generally, only about ⅓ of the resort is opener the first couple of weeks and much of that is dependent on the snow. There is a high likelihood that the pistes will be ok, made from artificial snow.

My memory is rubbish when it comes to remembering things from previous seasons but I am fairly sure that there hasn't bee any decent off piste conditions in VT for as long as I can remember in late November.. Will probably get completely contradicted here now.

I usually go out first or second week of December and that couple of weeks often makes a big difference.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PremsUltim8, At that time of year the majority of resorts will be closed, even if there has been a lot of snow. One obvious possibility in France is Tignes, but there are also possibilities elsewhere, particularly Austria. Some of the terrain open then will be glaciated, so maybe limited off piste, and most runs won't be long. In Tignes, Mountainsun offers very good value accommodation with transfers from Geneva. If you could change your dates then the Inside Out pre-season sessions are highly recommended http://www.insideoutskiing.com/holidays/preseason.html
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why not go to the PSB plenty of company there.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52715#2746233
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PamW,

Thanks for the link 😀
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Singlesport will be in Kaprun on 7 November. Would that work for you?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PremsUltim8, all the Tirol glaciers will be open and depending on the snow conditions maybe some resorts, e.g Obertauern, Schladming/Reiteralm in Salzburgerland. The Salzburgerland Super Ski Pass kicks in around the 19th/20th, so the glaciers on that will be operating in that region as well. In Tirol places like Obergurgl/Hochgurgl, Sölden Ischgl and some of the resorts in the Pitztal also open early when conditions are good as there are plenty of skiers in Austria and southern Germany who are gagging to get going and will travel for the weekend as the offers then are pretty good.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Myself and buddy travelled to Solden and a Obergurgl 15th November 2011. One of the problems with travelling this early in the season, is that the airlines have not started their dedicated ski flights into Austria. We had to fly into Munich and drive down. If you are coming from Bristol, that will probably be your only option if you select Austria.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

We had to fly into Munich and drive down. If you are coming from Bristol, that will probably be your only option if you select Austria.

I'd echo Munich as a good flight option.

However, you can also use public transport from there to your chosen resort (very cost efficient). S-Bahn from the station to München Ost (much quieter than the main station) and then pick up a train for example to Innsbruck HBF or Jenbach and change according to final destination. (Depending on where you go you might need to take a bus up to resort or a taxi if you can't be bothered with any more public transport).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy