Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier looking for ski buddies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I usually ski off piste with a guide and a group of solo travellers but not sure I can run to that price this year. Just costed a week at over £2k so considering alternatives.
Love to ski either on or off piste or both - just love to ski really.
Ski standard is quite reasonable but not extreme.
Stuck in UK half term dates sat 13/2 to sat 20/2 so but of a problem for UK friends due to cost.
Europe is preferred destination, flight from Manchester otherwise happy to ski anywhere.
Have own off piste safety kit but will rent skis - not really into ski touring / mountaineering, just love the powder.

Are there any groups looking for another skier?

Thanks

Quick
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There might be a bash that week - keep an eye on the snowEvents Forum.

Alternatively, have you considered UCPA/Action Outdoors weeks in France? They would be within budget, and you could go for guiding options if you want. Plenty of flights to Geneva from Manchester, and they can organise transfers from there for you.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Mill keep an eye on snow events. Never heard of UCPA before - looks excellent. Forgot to mention age as I just scrape under their 55 year upper limit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be skiing Chamonix for the season from beginning of Feb (aged 58 ). I'll be living in a motor-home but can recommend an excellent hostel in Chamonix only costing about 20 Euro per night (La Tapia) where a number of other Brit 'ski bums' stay so it's also a good place to tie up with others and is only 10-15 minute walk from town centre. I ski almost exclusively off-piste and am experienced enough (alpine climbing and skiing) that I usually don't go to the expense of a guide. I have others I'll be skiing with as well but always happy to include more and actually some of those others go back to the UK for the half term weeks. Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm trying to get together a group to go 3 valleys in late Jan Feb. ...would you be interested....my mates can't commit this year....but I'm real keen to go.....do all the ucpa stuff...really don't fancy that any more....you get lost in the crowd....I ve put another post on "interested in skiing 3 valley 2016....let me know if you interested. ..cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi ady.
Thanks for the reply. I changed dates to Thursday 24/3 for a week as I got flights for peanuts rather than half term prices. Spring skiing for me this year.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi madmountain man.
Thanks for the reply. I have flights Thursday 24/3 for a week. Chamonix is looking like a decent option for that point in the season and the hostel idea is spot on ( thanks for that ). Are you in Cham around Easter?
Thanks
Quick
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are planning on meeting up with MadMountainMan, 2016 is perfect timing. With his stylish 2015 sale clobber he now looks as if someone does actually does own him.

There should be quite a number of mature plodders out there at Easter. With a bit of luck the giant crevasses on the VB (after this hot hot summer) will have filled in by then.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's hoping @HammondR. Still not got a new jacket though!

@Quickblast, Yup definitely will be there at Easter. I plan to stay until middle of April. Easter was some of the best snow of the season in Chamonix last season.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Madmountainman, excellent - will hook up if that is ok. Just checking kit - alpine bindings or touring bindings and skins? I carry tranciever, shovel and probe as well as basic survival kit off piste - anything else needed in / for the group?

@HammondR, VB is always a blast, even better with full crevasses.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Quickblast, it really depends on what you want to do. Personally I only ski with touring bindings nowadays. There are a number of excellent Chamonix options that require skinning even if it's only skinning over to Helbronner from A. du Midi to ski the 'vallee noir'. Also for anything on the glaciers you should have a harness and some gates, slings, prusiks and ice screw. I have spares I can lend but my spare harness would be subject to size issues. Though I'm sure that stuff can be hired in town.

I'll PM you my contact details.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy